Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The end

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: The end
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:01 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:So, what you're basically saying is:

1. You take all public statements as true on their face
    2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
    3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.

So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.

Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.

Again WILSON SAID He wants to stay in Seattle how hard is that for you to understand. That is all I am saying the only PUBLIC statement is Wilson saying he wants to stay in Seattle. All the rest is conjecture with no facts at all.

I literally addressed that in the post you're quoting.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:51 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We have a new OC, with hopefully a new offense.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

Wilson has 2 goals right now(not in order):

1 - Get legit opportunities to compete for the MVP

2 - Fix his playoff record by getting playoff wins

We likely have little shot at #1, given Pete's proclivities.

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.

Really they need pressure, a CB, for Pete to keep his hands off the offense, to get out fast and play fast for 4 quarters. take the red flag away from Pete, not try to work the play clock to .001 second and call time outs.

Think they can accomplish this?

Really isn't much to ask for.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

The end
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm
  • Bla bla bla.

Seriously, aren’t y’all tired of this BS yet?

It’s ridiculous that thread after thread is full of the same crap.
    Slightly different spin/angle does not change anything.

I’m a “Seattle Seahawk” fan.
    I’ve been a fan through the good times and bad.
    I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster, ownership,or current coaching staff.

I understand the frustrations that y’all have, I have the same ones.

Ten threads hashing out the possibilities of a players status / trade possibilities is not good for this board/community.

Simply my take, y’all do you.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:55 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Bla bla bla.

I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster or current coaching staff.

Ten threads hashing out the possibilities of a players status / trade possibilities is not good for this board/community.

Go back to your day job, you and Fresno should have lunch.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:59 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Bla bla bla.

I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster or current coaching staff.

I’m up for lunch anytime, even at breakfast or dinner time.
    Hell I’d even break bread with you, but who da Phuc is Fresno?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Bla bla bla.

I’m up for lunch anytime, even at breakfast or dinner time.
    Hell I’d even break bread with you, but who da Phuc is Fresno?

Your new Mod, look in the Shack !
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.

Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.

Again WILSON SAID He wants to stay in Seattle how hard is that for you to understand. That is all I am saying the only PUBLIC statement is Wilson saying he wants to stay in Seattle. All the rest is conjecture with no facts at all.

I know but you saying it is not good enough means little. Nor doe sit change the fact he said it or that it is the only first person form one fo the people in the know to say anything. If you choose not to take that for what he said that is on you.

What it means to anyone that listens is despite all the supposed talking heads saying he wants out of Seattle it means he does not. I Mean if we go your way and say well players say that before they get traded, why would you believe PC and Wilson coming out and saying anything., They could just say it to hide the fact he is being traded. again in the end you either take them at their word or not. you choose not to, that's on you, Until I hear form PC or Wilson otherwise I am going with he wants to be here and as of now will be., I do feel sorry for you, i mean under your stance and ideas basically we can't believe anything anyone says and can't trust anyone.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:13 pm
  • Have we improved our offensive line yet?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:03 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

I know but you saying it is not good enough means little. Nor doe sit change the fact he said it or that it is the only first person form one fo the people in the know to say anything. If you choose not to take that for what he said that is on you.

What it means to anyone that listens is despite all the supposed talking heads saying he wants out of Seattle it means he does not. I Mean if we go your way and say well players say that before they get traded, why would you believe PC and Wilson coming out and saying anything., They could just say it to hide the fact he is being traded. again in the end you either take them at their word or not. you choose not to, that's on you, Until I hear form PC or Wilson otherwise I am going with he wants to be here and as of now will be., I do feel sorry for you, i mean under your stance and ideas basically we can't believe anything anyone says and can't trust anyone.

You're starting to get it, a little. The reason I'd believe a big press conference and an extension more is because those are real tangible things where they'd be going out there and making a huge point of being aligned and moving forward together.

Saying "I want to play for the Hawks" in an interview is a far cry from that. There's no actual commitment there, no real reputational risk. People say they want to be with someone all the way up until the breakup. It's evidence of nothing. You have to keep up a certain front until things are official to avoid stepping over the line. Again- I'm not saying that I believe Russ was lying when he said that, I'm saying it doesn't really tell anyone anything

The point is: yeah, the bigger the statement and commitment, the more I believe in the statement and commitment. It's not complicated.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:11 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:

You're starting to get it, a little. The reason I'd believe a big press conference and an extension more is because those are real tangible things where they'd be going out there and making a huge point of being aligned and moving forward together.

Saying "I want to play for the Hawks" in an interview is a far cry from that. There's no actual commitment there, no real reputational risk. People say they want to be with someone all the way up until the breakup. It's evidence of nothing. You have to keep up a certain front until things are official to avoid stepping over the line. Again- I'm not saying that I believe Russ was lying when he said that, I'm saying it doesn't really tell anyone anything

The point is: yeah, the bigger the statement and commitment, the more I believe in the statement and commitment. It's not complicated.

Whatever I don't think you get it, so we can agree to disagree
    John63
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:04 am
  • "Get Up" is at it again. They say it is not over. The latest is a 3 way trade:
    Bears get Russ
    Seahawks get Darnold, '21 and '22 1st rd picks from the Bears and LB Roquan Smith
    Jets get '22 2nd rd pick from the Bears
    FFS just let it go.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 am
  • Is this more proof that the media aspires to control all narratives?

Have we come to an era where narratives only end or move on when is suits the media?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm
  • Who cares is the Hawks haven't come out and said "we aren't trading Russell Wilson". John Lynch publicly stated Jimmy G is their guy this off-season, and today they make a huge trade to get into the top 5 to take a QB. How much did the public statement count for?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:49 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:28 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:Have we improved our offensive line yet?

Really this is my biggest concern. The Jackson pick up isnt enough. They need a center too and Pocic isnt it. There's more time though so maybe something will happen.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:47 pm
  • Can anyone come up with a reason they haven't restructured Russ's contract to free up cap space?
    I can only come up with one - makes him harder to trade.
    And Schefter is probably the #1 or #2 respected sports reporter out there (maybe Woj). The guy doesn't need clicks so I take what he says seriously.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:20 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:More $h!t? Russ still not happy?

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... s-be-dealt

After the Niners trade, it seems very unlikely that we'd even consider trading Russ this season. We knew Miami was willing to trade the #3 pick, and that willingness is what gave teams like Oakland a theoretical chance of having the assets required to trade for Wilson. Now? It's likely that the first 3 picks are QBs, so it's hard to imagine a scenario where we can even get a QB we like.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:57 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:Can anyone come up with a reason they haven't restructured Russ's contract to free up cap space?
    I can only come up with one - makes him harder to trade.
    And Schefter is probably the #1 or #2 respected sports reporter out there (maybe Woj). The guy doesn't need clicks so I take what he says seriously.

1 maybe they have but have not announced it yet.2. They have done it twice already you can only push the caps far down the rode.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:57 pm
  • Jville wrote:Have we come to an era where narratives only end or move on when is suits the media?

We've been there for a while now.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Previous

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information