Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

They took the best player on their draft board. What are you talking about they didn't have a backup plan?
    That was the plan. A trade didn't work, so they went with the player they viewed as the best.

How is that deer in the headlights?
    This tired out narrative that the front office is incompetent is so frustrating at this point man.
    If they were lost they would've let the time expire on their pick and let the Rams and Chiefs leap frog them.

This is the 56th pick in a crapshoot draft ffs. This doom and gloom stuff is so annoying at this point.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• zchurch74 wrote:CB …. OL…. No we don’t need. We are stacked at those positions. Let’s just take a SHORT wr. Our first pick is a returner??? SMH.

Nonsense, how are we stacked? We don’t have a legit #3 target.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Don't think the team could trade back and get fair value so they were forced to pick @ 56. So instead of reaching for a player they didn't value as high as they apparently valued Eskridge they picked a legit speedster, which creates mismatch problems with DK, and Lockett.

Eskridge was rocketing up draft boards with his legit track speed as the draft approached and people watched film on him.\. The highlight film on him shows he's a legit football burner who is very shifty in space and as said is F-A-S-T. Speed kills!

I personally am NOT a fan of Pocic who seems to be unable to anchor against any bull rush and wanted/ still want to see the team pick a C who has the ability to drop anchor and not be budged. I thought Dickerson was the best OC, Humphrey short armed and overrated, Meinerz raw but special, there are others and some who could be very underrated. The consensus of FOs around the league is was Humphrey was not fair value at pick # 56, in thend he wasn't picked until thend of the next round from our team's pick.

Perhaps the team has another plan as to what they will do a C and maybe we mays see Lewis become the starting C. Findig a C may be something the team doesn't accomplish until later in the offseason. Let's see what happens.

I hope you are right as Pocic is definitely not the answer at OC. Backup yes, but starter no.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

They took the best player on their draft board. What are you talking about they didn't have a backup plan?
    That was the plan. A trade didn't work, so they went with the player they viewed as the best.

This tired out narrative that the front office is incompetent is so frustrating at this point man.
    If they were lost they would've let the time expire on their pick and let the Rams and Chiefs leap frog them.

This is the 56th pick in a crapshoot draft ffs. This doom and gloom stuff is so annoying at this point.

Its all good. Your in love with the pick and I think he'll barely contribute at all this season if any. Its only football.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:

You'd be complaining regardless, let's not fool ourselves.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Its all good. Your in love with the pick and I think he'll barely contribute at all this season if any. Its only football.

Completely dodged my counter point.
    Yes, it's only football. You and the same characters that moan and groan about everything the team does and you never shy away from an opportunity to post a negative take, but yes, it's only football.

We should both hope he's a success. If he flops then I'll eat crow.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• For those of you that hate this 24 year old speedster, feel free to copy and paste this quote into your signature line. We'll see who is right come January 2022

Eskridge will make the pro bowl as a rookie
    Eskridge will have over 1,000 receiving yards as a rookie
    Eskridge will win offensive rookie of the year

Boom.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Own The West
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.

Just as a heads up, he's more Harvin than Antonio Brown skillset wise.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Imagine being mad at passing up someone who "hasn't given up a sack in 2 years... (vs the worst competition in FBS there is to face)

ROFL..

Holy crap.
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

• Fade wrote:
    Aros wrote:LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.

He even looks like Harvin on tape in regards to physique. Similar gait, similar body composition.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    Aros wrote:LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.

He is a really fast Golden Tate, same size, better hands and speed, has the intangibles of Lockett when he came out as Return guy as well, picked at 56, Tate at 60. More Natural receiver. He has all the upside of the guys we talk about all the time and better measurables. He just came from a lesser competition program. But he showed he could play with them in the Senior Bowl.

Waldron uses 4 receiver sets also, so we can go big with Swain and Metcalf, or small and quick with Lockett and Eskridge. Not losing any deep threat with any of them.

Also we will have a legit threat to still be accountable for if either Metcalf or Lockett miss a game at any point.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You'd be complaining regardless, let's not fool ourselves.

Biggest needs are OL and CB. Draft either of those and I would have been thrilled.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:For those of you that hate this 24 year old speedster, feel free to copy and paste this quote into your signature line. We'll see who is right come January 2022

Boom.

Done Lol
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• balakoth wrote:Imagine being mad at passing up someone who "hasn't given up a sack in 2 years... (vs the worst competition in FBS there is to face)

ROFL..

Holy crap.

The Big 12 is the worst conference in football? I realize not all conferences can be the mighty MAC but come on.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Fade wrote:

He is a really fast Golden Tate, same size, better hands and speed, has the intangibles of Lockett when he came out as Return guy as well, picked at 56, Tate at 60. More Natural receiver. He has all the upside of the guys we talk about all the time and better measurables. He just came from a lesser competition program. But he showed he could play with them in the Senior Bowl.

Waldron uses 4 receiver sets also, so we can go big with Swain and Metcalf, or small and quick with Lockett and Eskridge. Not losing any deep threat with any of them.

Also we will have a legit threat to still be accountable for if either Metcalf or Lockett miss a game at any point.

Golden Tate could really high point the football and make incredible catches in traffic. Eskridge is a Harvin clone, in that he looks like a kick returner/runner playing WR, while also not being very polished as a receiver. Run him on Jet Sweeps, line him up in the backfield at times, get the ball in his hands early and let him pile up the YAC. Harvin didn't play a lot with the Seahawks, but in the few games he did they loved to Jet Motion him, they will do the same with Eskridge.

It creates an extra layer to the running game that teams will now have to defend. Wide Zone, QB Boot off of wide zone, and Jet Motion. If teams get misaligned at any point, they will get wrecked. McVay has been doing it to Pete for years.

Eskridge I'm guessing will have around 800 yards Rushing/Receiving combined his rookie year if he plays in 17 games.

The most yards rushing Golden Tate has ever had in a single season is 41 on a measly 6 attempts. Eskridge will have nearly more yards rushing in his rookie year than Tate's entire career, which is only 216 yards. Harvin is the better comp.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:For those of you that hate this 24 year old speedster, feel free to copy and paste this quote into your signature line. We'll see who is right come January 2022

Boom.

This only happens if Tyler Lockett or DK metcalf get injured

And I hope that doesn’t happen.

Not that I’m not rooting for the rookie to succeed it’s just the hawks don’t throw that much
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:

You're off the rails. What would you like for the plan to be if a trade down falls through? Take the lowest rated player on their board? Not make a pick at all? What the hell?

I can understand not liking the pick because you valued an offensive lineman more. I did for the most part too. But this gripe is just stupidity.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Remember when the seahawks got owned in the last 6 weeks of the season?

How many yards did DK Metcalf get in the beginning of the season versus the last parts?

Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

• Boiler wrote:I really wanted Rondale Moore but I’m a Purdue homer. This guy seems cut from the same mold.

So inexplicably I’ve had my on Moore since the Ohio state upset, convinced he will have a decent nfl career if he landed in the right spot. I believe he was the guy for the hawks and eskridge was basically a 1B kind of choice. I think the hawks were actively seeking a trade down and couldn’t get their terms and just pulled the trigger.

Of course moore goes to the cards. :|
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• Geologic wrote:Remember when the seahawks got owned in the last 6 weeks of the season?

How many yards did DK Metcalf get in the beginning of the season versus the last parts?

Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t

And the million dollar question: at what point is that due to scheme, play calling offensive rhythm and personnel other than OL?

Jackson addition and a healthy Shell should help a lot. Lewis will continue to get better. Maybe they have other plans at center?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Fade wrote:

He even looks like Harvin on tape in regards to physique. Similar gait, similar body composition.

They both have that straight-line speed, but I think Harvin is shiftier and more fluid. Eskridge seems sturdier with a more physical stature. If Eskridge can bring to the table what Harvin brought, minus the baggage, this will be a pretty good pick. I just don't know how much WR3 will be used in this offense, but he seems like he would complement DK and Lockett well.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• I have been really dissapointed with Seahawks first picks over the years but I really like this one!
    He should be a real threat with how far off these teams have been playing Metcalf and Lockette. Makes a lot of sense to me.
    Three legit weapons will stress the defenses a lot. This guy is perfect for quick hitting plays and YAC.

I did hear a lot of buzz about him leading up to the draft as well. A lot of talent evaluators really liked him.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm hoping this is a Waldon pick and indicates a switch to a more dynamic passing game. On the other hand, given our draft history it wouldn't surprise me to see them use a 2nd rounder on a guy that will purposely catch 1-2 passes a game.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• Momofantv wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Strengths
    Averaged 21.8 yards per catch over his last 74 catches.
    High school sprint and long-jump champion.
    Scored touchdowns of 72, 76 and 85 yards in 2020.
    Scary burst for quick vertical separation if punch is whiffed.
    Rapid foot turnover through the route.
    Maintains good tempo through the route.
    Able to plant and cut at fairly crisp angles.
    Timing getting to full extension to make high-point catch.
    Big time catch-and-run talent with instant burst to hit the home run.
    Ability to stretch defense from the slot.
    Averaged 27.5 yards per return with a touchdown as kick returner in 2020.

Weaknesses
    Ran a very simple route tree.
    Bumped off track inside five yards.
    Hip tightness prevents quick sink-and-open.
    Average acceleration in restart once he slows his feet.
    Geared down route speed telegraphs underneath route.
    Needs to sell deeper, more committed route fakes.
    Ball tracking and ball skills miss the mark.
    Drop rate and catch focus has been an issue for him.
    Unable to catch through crowding consistently enough.

He will need to learn some things, his competition level as well as limited games last year hindered a big part of a learning curve I would expect, but he has tools that can be worked on, he has a pretty good mentor in Lockett to help as well as Ursua on the practice squad.

Worst 2nd round pick ever, dude isn’t good enough to start 4th round talent

Never heard of Owen Gill, huh?! :roll:
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• This was a good pick and with only 3 picks in the draft, it made this pick more valuable. This guy is fast but also quick. He seems to get separation quickly. Everyone harps on RW holding on to the ball, well may be he's doing that because his WRs are struggling to separate themselves in the middle of the field or shorter. Eskridge looks the part of a WR that can create instant separation. Seems like he has great attitude too. He will have a huge impact if not at #3 WR but on special teams. He could be a "Devin Hester" like as a return specialist.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sat May 01, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Geologic wrote:Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t

There are many ways to skin a cat. Remember those plays last year where the Hawks would throw a quick out but the defender would be right on the receiver and tackle him for minimal gain? Eskridge's strength is taking a 1 yard quick out and turning it into a first down or much more with superior open field elusiveness and speed.

One of the best ways of avoiding pressure is to get the ball out quickly. If you have the time, take a look at our playoff loss to the Packers in 2019 and you'll see that a) our DL was actually kinda dominant and b) it didn't matter because their offense schemed around it successfully.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Momofantv wrote:Worst 2nd round pick ever, dude isn’t good enough to start 4th round talent

You must be pretty new to football if you've never heard of Malik McDowell.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You're off the rails. What would you like for the plan to be if a trade down falls through? Take the lowest rated player on their board? Not make a pick at all? What the hell?

I can understand not liking the pick because you valued an offensive lineman more. I did for the most part too. But this gripe is just stupidity.

Its not stupidity. The way its worded is that JS and the FO got stuck when they couldnt trade down so they took the best player available regardless of position. To hell with the needs of the team.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:Worst 2nd round pick ever, dude isn’t good enough to start 4th round talent

You must be pretty new to football if you've never heard of Malik McDowell.

Might I add Christine Michael to the list?
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• The Seahawks have drafted 3 WRs in their second round history under PC/JS. Those were Golden Tate (2010), Paul Richardson (2013), and DK Metcalf (2019). I believe the WR choices turned alright to very good. Hopefully Eskridge is in that line of good to great. We'll see how this shakes out.

On the other hand, they chose two OL in the second round (under PC/JS) - those were Britt and Pocic. Considering this, I'm even more ecstatic they went with a WR - Eskridge for their choice of pick.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seahawks/nfl-draft-reviewing-seahawks-2nd-round-picks-under-pete-carroll-john-schneider
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sat May 01, 2021 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Dude will be worse than all of those maybe not McDowell Bc he was a first round pick, but this kid isn’t even going to be our WR3 that will be our TE we signed this off season this dude will maybe get 4 plays a game it’s such a waste of a pick in more upset that people think it’s good when it won’t matter when Russ is on his back because our C isn’t a good starter we need a T for when brown retires or shells injured, we need a CB Bc flowers was trash 95% of the season when he played and weatherspoon hasn’t been healthy in the 49ers to see if we could use him
    Momofantv
    NET Practice Squad

• Momofantv wrote:Dude will be worse than all of those maybe not McDowell Bc he was a first round pick, but this kid isn’t even going to be our WR3 that will be our TE we signed this off season this dude will maybe get 4 plays a game it’s such a waste of a pick in more upset that people think it’s good when it won’t matter when Russ is on his back because our C isn’t a good starter we need a T for when brown retires or shells injured, we need a CB Bc flowers was trash 95% of the season when he played and weatherspoon hasn’t been healthy in the 49ers to see if we could use him

Check your facts. McDowell was indeed a 2nd round pick.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Golden Tate could really high point the football and make incredible catches in traffic. Eskridge is a Harvin clone, in that he looks like a kick returner/runner playing WR, while also not being very polished as a receiver. Run him on Jet Sweeps, line him up in the backfield at times, get the ball in his hands early and let him pile up the YAC. Harvin didn't play a lot with the Seahawks, but in the few games he did they loved to Jet Motion him, they will do the same with Eskridge.

It creates an extra layer to the running game that teams will now have to defend. Wide Zone, QB Boot off of wide zone, and Jet Motion. If teams get misaligned at any point, they will get wrecked. McVay has been doing it to Pete for years.

Eskridge I'm guessing will have around 800 yards Rushing/Receiving combined his rookie year if he plays in 17 games.

The most yards rushing Golden Tate has ever had in a single season is 41 on a measly 6 attempts. Eskridge will have nearly more yards rushing in his rookie year than Tate's entire career, which is only 216 yards. Harvin is the better comp.

Your wrong, Harvin was a Returner that could not run a route to save his life other than a streak. Not even f-in close.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    Momofantv wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Strengths
    Averaged 21.8 yards per catch over his last 74 catches.
    High school sprint and long-jump champion.
    Scored touchdowns of 72, 76 and 85 yards in 2020.
    Scary burst for quick vertical separation if punch is whiffed.
    Rapid foot turnover through the route.
    Maintains good tempo through the route.
    Able to plant and cut at fairly crisp angles.
    Timing getting to full extension to make high-point catch.
    Big time catch-and-run talent with instant burst to hit the home run.
    Ability to stretch defense from the slot.
    Averaged 27.5 yards per return with a touchdown as kick returner in 2020.

Weaknesses
    Ran a very simple route tree.
    Bumped off track inside five yards.
    Hip tightness prevents quick sink-and-open.
    Average acceleration in restart once he slows his feet.
    Geared down route speed telegraphs underneath route.
    Needs to sell deeper, more committed route fakes.
    Ball tracking and ball skills miss the mark.
    Drop rate and catch focus has been an issue for him.
    Unable to catch through crowding consistently enough.

He will need to learn some things, his competition level as well as limited games last year hindered a big part of a learning curve I would expect, but he has tools that can be worked on, he has a pretty good mentor in Lockett to help as well as Ursua on the practice squad.

Worst 2nd round pick ever, dude isn’t good enough to start 4th round talent

Never heard of Owen Gill, huh?! :roll:

True best back the Seahawks wish they never drafted.

Followed closely by the Andre Hines pick.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I dunno, seems pretty decent for the worst 2nd round pick ever. :lol:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• I think covid draft situation has heavily influenced the fo's board. Additionally, less off season work means rookies will have harder time. Rookie C with less time to gel or Special Teams ace with potential to contribute as both WR or CB.... In a normal year, maybe the pick would fall differently.
    chrispy
    NET Starter

• I really don’t like that we picked any WR with our 2nd round pick. I wanted a C or a CB. Any top rated C or CB would have made me happy.

If this is last years Offense then a 3rd WR would have been horrible as how often did RW actually throw to the 3rd WR? This year? Who knows. We have an OC that has never been an OC before. It could be a decent pick if the scheme changes deemphasizing the need for a better O line through play calling.

Creed was my choice.

BTW last time we picked a skill position from a non P5 school with our first pick we ended up with a big bust in Rashaad Penny. Hope this turns out better.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Re: Dwayne Eskridge
Sat May 01, 2021 10:09 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:This kid will be a pro bowler. Excellent pick.
    3rd best receiver in the draft.

He is what Percy Harvin was supposed to be.

Pete and John yet again school the rest of the league.

A short, 24-year-old WR out of a mid-major. The only one being schooled here is Russ, as to who's the boss in Seattle. The message here is shut up and run our plays.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 10:59 am
  • Tusc2000 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:This kid will be a pro bowler. Excellent pick.

A short, 24-year-old WR out of a mid-major. The only one being schooled here is Russ, as to who's the boss in Seattle. The message here is shut up and run our plays.

We’ve drafted a dozen OL the last 6 years, and 1 guy popped in the first year. I can’t believe anyone is mad that Pete and John didn’t tract a OL. Odds say he would take 3 years to develop into a halfway ok OL, then leave in FA. This pick is for Russ, no matter what people here want to think.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Dude played corner for most of his college career? Well. we needed a CB and now we got both with one pick. WINNER!!!!
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 11:54 am
  • Tusc2000 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:This kid will be a pro bowler. Excellent pick.

Ah, yes. The front office is definitely drafting receivers to piss off their quarterback. :177692: :177692:

Success really turned the takes of the fanbase into works of art.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:Dude played corner for most of his college career? Well. we needed a CB and now we got both with one pick. WINNER!!!!

Most? Where do you people get your info? He played 4 of 45 games at corner. And he started those 4 games at WR too.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:
    godawg wrote:I have the feeling that the Hawks didn’t want Creed as our long term center. Interesting who is available in next year’s class. Pocic is serviceable for a year, and may improve with time. Creed is a beast but Pocic is a thinker. Unger comes to mind. The best centers have been quick thinkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to consider when it comes to Creed, he may have been successful for all the same reasons the Alabama QB was successful. He was surrounded by elite talent, and they played with the lead, aka ran the ball.
    H
    Not to mention Sarkisian, per Dave Wyman, drew up plays that made the offenses job easy. Like McVay did for Goff.

Then there's that Alabama defense taking any pressure off of the offense...

This is a great point. It is why Britt looked better than he is for years. Everyone around him was weaker so they were attacked more

Separately the point made about next year is very astute as well. Everyone knows we are extremely limited this year. Besides the lacking number 1 next year we are in a good position again.

We need to draft now for players that hits the field THIS YEAR. We cannot afford 50% of the draft class not making the cut. A guy that is ok is better than a guy that is a possible starter but could also not see the field for two years.

Like it or not we put ourselves in a situation that requires drafting guys that makes the 53 man roster this year. Had to avoid the normal "high ceiling but low floor" guys.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.

Sure we don't. It's like none of us have ever watched a football game at all. We just watch Pocic being bullrushed back into RW several times a game.

Went to KC, what does that tell you?

It tells me that he fell later than expected for a reason and was taken by a team that mismanaged its offensive line and got undressed nationally for it.

Well, that may be the case. But we have mismanaged our O-Line for years which is why they are consistently bottom third in the league. Drafting a 5"8" WR isn't going to help improve that issue. I hope they have some other trick up their sleeve. RW is watching.

It was also mismanaged due to the style of football

That is changing
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:

No they had a plan A and B

Plan A trade down
    Plan B take the best player
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• JayhawkMike wrote:I really don’t like that we picked any WR with our 2nd round pick. I wanted a C or a CB. Any top rated C or CB would have made me happy.

If this is last years Offense then a 3rd WR would have been horrible as how often did RW actually throw to the 3rd WR? This year? Who knows. We have an OC that has never been an OC before. It could be a decent pick if the scheme changes deemphasizing the need for a better O line through play calling.

Creed was my choice.

BTW last time we picked a skill position from a non P5 school with our first pick we ended up with a big bust in Rashaad Penny. Hope this turns out better.

So RW didn't throw much to #3 WR last year so your conclusion is that we don't need that position?

My conclusion is that proves how badly we needed a #3 WR so RW can throw the ball to him
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information