What if Geno is solid?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Look, this is a polarizing topic right now. Russ this, Pete that, yada yada yada…

But what if Geno plays real solid and this team starts winning? Then what? I thinking of a Nick Foles and Carson Wentz situation. What if the Hawks win 3 out of the next 4? Then what? Call it crazy, but it could happen.

Don’t go all BS, or Russ walks on water. And this is not to rag on Russ. This is a serious question. If Geno is a solid performer and the team is better do you ignore it and hope Russ is the better player? Obviously, he has a been a franchise difference maker, but it’s been almost 7 years since this team made it to the Super Bowl. Again, say that out loud… 7 years. We all act like it was “a few years ago”. How many players from that team are retired, out of the league or in their last twilight?

I didn’t like keeping Geno, but if he continues to play well, and the Hawks start doing well I won’t lose sleep over Russ missing time, or possibly moving on in the off-season. Team first, and fantasy/player last.

LTH

Reaction score
nwHawk":2izoxash said:
Look, this is a polarizing topic right now. Russ this, Pete that, yada yada yada…

But what if Geno plays real solid and this team starts winning? Then what? I thinking of a Nick Foles and Carson Wentz situation. What if the Hawks win 3 out of the next 4? Then what? Call it crazy, but it could happen.

Don’t go all BS, or Russ walks on water. And this is not to rag on Russ. This is a serious question. If Geno is a solid performer and the team is better do you ignore it and hope Russ is the better player? Obviously, he has a been a franchise difference maker, but it’s been almost 7 years since this team made it to the Super Bowl. Again, say that out loud… 7 years. We all act like it was “a few years ago”. How many players from that team are retired, out of the league or in their last twilight?

I didn’t like keeping Geno, but if he continues to play well, and the Hawks start doing well I won’t lose sleep over Russ missing time, or possibly moving on in the off-season. Team first, and fantasy/player last.

I hope he does play better or as good as Wilson... Petes whole system is around competition why should it be any different for Wilson...maybe if Wilson sits on the bench for a few weeks it will motivate him further to be that much better...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":36u2wxhq said:

Wait a minute, have you ran your opinion by our resident Russ expert who not only knows everything there is to know about Russ, but also have direct access to conversations from among HC, OC, and QB?

Reaction score
I'm not expecting Geno to be close to as good as Russ but there's no reason why he can't be at least serviceable with the right game plan. Hoping that'll be enough to win a few games. If Geno does well, great. But you have to roll with your franchise QB when he's healthy IMO.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm not even sure it would matter to Pete and Co. if Geno did play lights out for however long Russ is out. They'll put Russ back in as starter when he's ready.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":1bxwza63 said:
I'm not even sure it would matter to Pete and Co. if Geno did play lights out for however long Russ is out. They'll put Russ back in as starter when he's ready.

Yea - this ^^^ unfortunately. If Pete and JC wanted to press the Russ situation - they would have over the offseason.

I'd be pretty happy if Geno turned out to be a non-superstar but capable servicable QB. I think in general that's all we need, and to build the other pieces around someone iike that with decent salary cap $ left over.

I like how teams turn over kickers for like .5MM in cap space, but then we spend like 100 million dollars on 3 players.

Doesn't make a ton of sense.

Anyhow - to answer the OP's question - I'm HAPPY AS HELL to keep whoever wins. AND, would be happy to take like 39.5 MM back to the bank and deposit it.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not think Wilson needs to sit around and think how he can become better, He does that already. But maybe this system just isn't working for him. His youth is gone and the issues he escaped from easily are no longer as easy. He still has no short game in him and that has always been the problem. I am intrigued to see what happens in the next month of games. He needs a line that can hold up for 5 seconds while he finds the receiver 30 yards downfield. You cant expect any line to do that.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It seems like the offensive system that RW plays in is different than the one that Geno played in. How good could the offense be if RW played in Genos system.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
toffee":111czakm said:
nwHawk":111czakm said:

Wait a minute, have you ran your opinion by our resident Russ expert who not only knows everything there is to know about Russ, but also have direct access to conversations from among HC, OC, and QB?

Nope, John doesn’t get a say in my thoughts.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":5vk0ljf4 said:
It seems like the offensive system that RW plays in is different than the one that Geno played in. How good could the offense be if RW played in Genos system.

True, Geno plays in Waldrons system, Wilson plays in the Hero Ball system.

keasley45

Reaction score
Interesting scenario that would be. The thing you have to factor in at that point is how much better Geno and the offence look. Because if its a marked difference to the positive, the front office is going to have to consider how much trade value RW loses if he comes in and the offense regresses. If that happens, the quiet questions among some in the media thats started last year about Russ's questionable decision making will impact his value among teams looking to run offensive system x or y. At this point, the poor D play and 4 game sample size + his stats might be the better impression to leave his season with.

Regardless, if Geno does get pulled and is playing well, it will only be for this season. If he shows he can run this thing, I think we are looking at our qb for '22.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1ai872rn said:
JayhawkMike":1ai872rn said:

To bad the facts and all the posted links to wilson throwing patterns show your wrong but thats okay I know the truth does not fit your agenda.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":297gn91c said:
chris98251":297gn91c said:
JayhawkMike":297gn91c said:

To bad the facts and all the posted links to wson throwing patterns shownur wrong but thats okay I know the truth does not fit your agenda.

What posted links? Oh the ones you pulled from 2014 2015, those links or the first half against the Colts.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2d0tw7wo said:
John63":2d0tw7wo said:
chris98251":2d0tw7wo said:
JayhawkMike":2d0tw7wo said:

To bad the facts and all the posted links to wson throwing patterns shownur wrong but thats okay I know the truth does not fit your agenda.

What posted links? Oh the ones you pulled from 2014 2015, those links or the first half against the Colts.

No the ones posted in other threads from the first 4 games. Go find them.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think it’s entirely possible that Russ tries to come back too soon, which would hurt him and the team. If Geno plays like he did against the Rams Waldron’s offense is going to put points, the defense is going to get rest and play better, and the W’s will come. Just need to play within the system and play as a team.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Crazy, never ever ever ever happening curiosity I have - Geno gets 1st and 3rd quarters, Russ gets 2nd and 4th quarters.

trharder

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":1f8v1fc7 said:
I agree with this.
But the story would be a lot more interesting IF Geno wins the next 3 out of 4.
go Geno

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
SNDavidson":145c0pe6 said:
Crazy, never ever ever ever happening curiosity I have - Geno gets 1st and 3rd quarters, Russ gets 2nd and 4th quarters.

You know what...

...I'd be for it just to test it out, that way Russ can play his precious hero ball (that seems to be circling down the drain over time this year) in the final quarter of both halves. But then that would mean Russ isn't starting and that could bring more conflict and waves behind the scenes.

Side note for all the Russ fans: I don't hate Russ, just sick of his hero ball antics. Sure, it looks pretty when it works but lately it just seems like he's been forcing it too much. Looking for the big play (whether it works or not) feels like it brings the defense back on the field too soon. Take what the defense gives you, win the TOP and wear down the defense and you'd have a lot better chances of achieving the Hero Ball style you love so much.

flv

Reaction score
You play the player who is most likely to get you the win. Right now it's not an issue. If/when Wilson becomes available the decision will probably be an easy one to make. It becomes more complicated if the team isn't in a win-now situation.

Latest posts