What if Geno is solid?

irfuben32

Reaction score
flv":at3gj522 said:
You play the player who is most likely to get you the win. Right now it's not an issue. If/when Wilson becomes available the decision will probably be an easy one to make. It becomes more complicated if the team isn't in a win-now situation.

When Wilson is healthy he will be the starting QB.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
If Geno is solid looks like trading him for picks would be nice. Or if he plays lights out possibly trade Russ.

Who knows. Would be great to win 3 out of 4. But I doubt it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flv

Reaction score
HawkinNY":13mogug3 said:
If Geno is solid looks like trading him for picks would be nice. Or if he plays lights out possibly trade Russ.

Who knows. Would be great to win 3 out of 4. But I doubt it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wilson is unlikely to be back before the trade deadline and Smith is on a 1-year contract.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3171pu1c said:
It seems like the offensive system that RW plays in is different than the one that Geno played in. How good could the offense be if RW played in Genos system.

I think Wilson has a problem with just letting go of a playstyle that made him great over his career and so far this Season, his QBR proves that he's still a top three Quarterback.
Geno Smith hasn't played enough in the last few years for him to form any habits, or play style that would run counter to, or conflict with Waldron's play schemes.
I don't believe Russ is closed to the ideas that Waldron has drawn up, but to expect an overnight change, I think, would be unrealistic.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1mcrmtos said:
JayhawkMike":1mcrmtos said:
It seems like the offensive system that RW plays in is different than the one that Geno played in. How good could the offense be if RW played in Genos system.

I think Wilson has a problem with just letting go of a playstyle that made him great over his career and so far this Season, his QBR proves that he's still a top three Quarterback.
Geno Smith hasn't played enough in the last few years for him to form any habits, or play style that would run counter to, or conflict with Waldron's play schemes.
I don't believe Russ is closed to the ideas that Waldron has drawn up, but to expect an overnight change, I think, would be unrealistic.

Brilliant.

hinton

Reaction score
If Geno plays well (and our DEF gets its head out of its a$$) then Wilson will return in a few weeks with a potential to win his first MVP.

If Wilson can come back from an injury, put a .500 team on his back, and lead them to the playoffs he'll get all the credit. MVP-voters love adversity storylines like that.

cymatica

Reaction score
scutterhawk":29xxi5fm said:
JayhawkMike":29xxi5fm said:

This. Early in Wilson's career, Pete always talked about the emphasis on the scramble offense. Instead of relying on proper drop backs for the protection, stepping up in the pocket, and moving the pocket, Wilson was taught to bail and run the scramble drills. Over the years, all the hours put into this style rather than the more traditional QB play has formed some bad habits and affected his pocket awareness.

I think sitting on the bench and watching(hopefully) Geno run the offense properly will only help him. Of course Geno might stink it up, but I think he has something to prove and this offense fits him perfectly. Wilson seeing first hand how the offense should look might flip a switch in his head, but who knows

John63

Reaction score
You guys are funny. You8 should look up Genos passing chart from this past game. Then there is a thread with Wilsons,. Guess what they are not that different. Both took short passes, both took check downs, Both missed check downs. The biggest difference is Wilson hit more passes and hit more big passes.

her is Genos https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2021/10/08152110/Geno-passing-chart-Rams.jpeg

the link below is to the thread

https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175061&start=50

You see like several other narratives, people have decided they want to believe something even though it's not true. Example

Wilson can't throw short
Wilson can't throw over the middle
Wilson cant read defenses

All of these are false and have been shown and proven to be but some keep running with them.

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":1n8i4p8u said:
You guys are funny. You8 should look up Genos passing chart from this past game. Then there is a thread with Wilsons,. Guess what they are not that different. Both took short passes, both took check downs, Both missed check downs. The biggest difference is Wilson hit more passes and hit more big passes.

her is Genos https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2021/10/08152110/Geno-passing-chart-Rams.jpeg

You see like several other narratives, people have decided they want to believe something even though it's not true. Example

Wilson can't throw short

All of these are false and have been shown and proven to be but some keep running with them.

Of course Wilson hit more big passes, the Rams defense backed off when Geno went in.

notyou

Reaction score
John63":33wezl9k said:

Wilson can't throw short

How many possessions did Russ have compared to Geno?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
When you have the worst defense in history, solid won't cut it. And Geno won't be 'solid'.

To be competitive with the worst defense ever, you have to score consistently and often. That will not happen with Geno.

It is hilarious that is what hoping this team isn't a bottom-dweller has come to.

Would it be easier to hope that the rest of our games are not just Pete's versions of extended 'Senior Moments"?

John63

Reaction score
notyou":2wbrx1uj said:
John63":2wbrx1uj said:

Wilson can't throw short

How many possessions did Russ have compared to Geno?

How many possessions or attempts?

The point is that some in here have already said Geno throws more short and outlet so the offense may run better when the facts clearly show that is not true.

notyou

Reaction score
Russ had 8 possessions and Geno had 4. Russ may have thrown the same or more short to intermediate passes, but it was during 8 possessions. Geno did almost as much as Russ with 4 possessions. That would most likely mean Geno was more effective at sustaining drives.

John63

Reaction score
notyou":2d92hm46 said:
Russ had 8 possessions and Geno had 4. Russ map have thrown the same or more short to intermediate passes, but it was during 8 possessions. Geno did almost as much as Russ with 4 possessions. That would most likely mean Geno was more effective at sustaining drives.

Again not the point. Again some in here have said that Wilson does not throw short or hit the outlet. Both are false. Some I here have said based on those few possessions by geno that the offense might work better under geno as he will actually in it. Ie throw short and take the check down. However as the charts clearly show Wilson is taking short and check downs. They have also said Wilson misses alot of open short and check down. First all qbs miss.open people including geno in that game.

The point is if there is enough based on those drives for people to say the offense will work better, then there is enough to compare and that comparison proves that thought to be false.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":93pjxml2 said:
notyou":93pjxml2 said:
Russ had 8 possessions and Geno had 4. Russ map have thrown the same or more short to intermediate passes, but it was during 8 possessions. Geno did almost as much as Russ with 4 possessions. That would most likely mean Geno was more effective at sustaining drives.

Again not the point. Again some in here have said that Wilson does not throw short or hit the outlet. Both are false. Some I here have said based on those few possessions by geno that the offense might work better under geno as he will actually in it. Ie throw short and take the check down. However as the charts clearly show Wilson is taking short and check downs. They have also said Wilson misses alot of open short and check down. First all qbs miss.open people including geno in that game.

The point is if there is enough based on those drives for people to say the offense will work better, then there is enough to compare and that comparison proves that thought to be false.

Quit ignoring the facts and changing the narrative every time you are proven wrong or the numbers don't align to what BS your trying to sell, snake oil salesman type.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3vxv5j34 said:
John63":3vxv5j34 said:
notyou":3vxv5j34 said:

Quit ignoring the facts and changing the narrative every time you are proven wrong or the numbers don't align to what BS your trying to sell, snake oil salesman type.

Ahh more deflection. So u are accusing me of doing what u do. Got it. Be blissful.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It depends on how solid he looks, and how consistently solid he looks.

If the offense continues to move, or even improves, then I think shipping Wilson and setting a new path becomes a less ludicrous proposition.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2coyr4ty said:
chris98251":2coyr4ty said:
John63":2coyr4ty said:
notyou":2coyr4ty said:

Ahh more deflection. So u are accusing me of doing what u do. Got it. Be blissful.

LOL again no answers, blame others for calling you on shit. This is a pathetic example of a lip lock regardless of circumstances and evidence otherwise.

You have yet to answer any questions in direct response to your sold called statistics.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":1r6sl64u said:
notyou":1r6sl64u said:

You keep saying folks here say he can't or won't. Of course he is 'capable' of throwing the ball over the middle or short. The issue is that if it's short, it's often an outlet. And if it's across the middle, it's rare and doesn't typically become a regular part of the arsenal. In other words, the short or intermediate middle game (especially closely covered timing routes ) are not a forte of his, nor do they occur in the regular flow of a game script. He regularly foregoes these routes for the long ball or sideline routes, even when they are there.

And you keep referencing play charts that show blue arcs going into the short and middle zone, but wasn't there another such series of charts that compared Stafford running plays in this offense vs Russ and the same ? And wasn't the entire point of that comparison (I think it was linked from an outside site) to show that our qb utilizes the middle zones far less frequently than theirs in a similar system?

So the speculation is as to why he WONT, AND whether its because he CANT see the routes, feel them or trust the separation he sees to hit these routes regularly.

And its entirely fair to argue that maybe he doesn't do these things now because he came up in a system where those plays were discouraged. But there aren't any handcuffs on now. he has his OC now, can call what he wants, and still chooses by a wide margin to look longer when he has designed, attacking (ie not outlet) routes to throw to.

keasley45

Reaction score
We will see. If Geno can stay in the zone and not succumb to the pressure of realizing that this is now his gig and builds on what he showed Thursday, we will see how much more of the pkaybook we use, how many more throws we see to the TE, and whether our TOP improves.