I'm sorry, but we need to talk about this

Chawker

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner.

He is getting run bye, run though, and run over, and its to the point where its becomming painful for me to watch anymore. Bobby was the greatest MLBer in the history of the Seahawks, and we all love him. But his time has come to pass.

Its time to start Rhattigan and see if he is our future or are we needing to draft a replacement for them.

Cheers

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":3cf15wvb said:
Bobby Wagner.

He is getting run bye, run though, and run over, and its to the point where its becomming painful for me to watch anymore. Bobby was the greatest MLBer in the history of the Seahawks, and we all love him. But his time has come to pass.

Its time to start Rhattigan and see if he is our future or are we needing to draft a replacement for them.

Cheers
PFF agrees with you, Bobby is currently at 66

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Start Rhattigan? Over Wagner AND Brooks?

Holy hell, now I've heard it all.

Wagner regressed to simply the level of "above average starter" instead of game wrecker, and it's time to replace him with a UDFA special teamer, over the second year first rounder who's natural position is the Mike?

xray

Reaction score
As long as you brought this up. Wagner--Wilson--Carroll--and Schneider are the only holdovers left from the SB years ; and they all have definitely lost a couple steps or more at their respective positions in the organizations . IMO

Mad Dog

Reaction score
xray":2b4ow99i said:
As long as you brought this up. Wagner--Wilson--Carroll--and Schneider are the only holdovers left from the SB years ; and they all have definitely lost a couple steps or more at their respective positions in the organizations . IMO

And yet they are still probably the best the team has to offer.

I don't see any available guys replacing them and performing at a higher level right now. There are guys that are better than them, but not readily available.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind seeing what they could get in a trade for him. He might actually have some good trade value. No to Rattigan as the starting MLB.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sure, let's dump the best player we have on defense. Bench him and put in an untested, player of questionable ability. Maybe trade Bobby for a few draft picks that won't work out. But it's not as if things can't get worse, right? Brilliant idea. Simply brilliant.

James in PA

Reaction score
If you thought The Legion of Boom was good, wait till you see The Rhatt Patrol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect that Bobby's biggest problem is the lessening of talent around him, thus forcing him to try to make plays that he shouldn't have to. The KJ ship has sailed, no need to re-litigate that. BBK fell to injury, so we have to rely on young guys who are still learning like Barton and Brooks. They make mistakes and perhaps Wags's ability to cover for them is reduced by age and time, but we need more guys to step up, show some discipline, and do their jobs.

I don't think our problems on D can be laid on just one player.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
sutz":3p3oy2kr said:
I suspect that Bobby's biggest problem is the lessening of talent around him, thus forcing him to try to make plays that he shouldn't have to. The KJ ship has sailed, no need to re-litigate that. BBK fell to injury, so we have to rely on young guys who are still learning like Barton and Brooks. They make mistakes and perhaps Wags's ability to cover for them is reduced by age and time, but we need more guys to step up, show some discipline, and do their jobs.

BBK is lower than Barton on the depth chart. 3rd string at best. Pretty sure he came into the league the same year as Barton.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
G Scott was just on Salk's show this morning talking about this.

Said he was on the sidelines Thursday night and it looked like Bobby's not 100%. Which would make sense for a 31 year old MLB in game six of the season, Bobby doesn't have the youth to make up for nagging injuries anymore.

To be fair to Bobby, Brooks has been just as bad in coverage and covering his gaps......and he has no excuse.

toffee

Reaction score
I am a fan of Bill Walsh and his practice of trading super stars a year or two too early than a year or two too late. Bobby, Duane etc. Their best years are in the pass, are they still good? Yes. But they will start to have sub standard games, mix with a few good ones now and then.

Age is merciless.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":22kwoqo6 said:

I agree... They are VERY young at linebacker and just learning... they are making mistakes that guys like KJ didn't make and that makes Wagner less effective because it's a team effort everybody has to fill their gaps and if one guy misses it makes the whole D look bad

LTH

sprhawk73

Reaction score
To the OP, we'd love to talk about this but we've kinda been stabbed in the back at the moment, so talking is a little pointless.

The die was cast when JS/PC traded for Adams, giving away our ability to do anything about what you are suggesting.

Our past success began in the 2010 draft, when the defense was built around ET, Kam and Thurman.

Right now, there is nothing to build on and no way of getting there.

Trading our declining star players for meaningless picks or personnel would really make things worse and serve no purpose right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sprhawk73":1yxoag3x said:
Trading our declining star players for meaningless picks or personnel would really make things worse and serve no purpose right now.

Tru7th

You want meaningful picks in return to start a rebuild process that isn't going to take 4-5 years? Then you better start making yourself uncomfortable with who'd you have to trade away. Russell, DK, Tyler, and to a lesser extend Diggs, Brooks, Green, Robinson and Taylor.

It's sad that not even two months after Adams signed his extension we probably couldn't even get more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. That is some monumental lapse in talent evaluation and desperation.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":b9k4oueu said:
sprhawk73":b9k4oueu said:

Tru7th

You want meaningful picks in return to start a rebuild process that isn't going to take 4-5 years? Then you better start making yourself uncomfortable with who'd you have to trade away. Russell, DK, Tyler, and to a lesser extend Diggs, Brooks, Green, Robinson and Taylor.

It's sad that not even two months after Adams signed his extension we probably couldn't even get more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. That is some monumental lapse in talent evaluation and desperation.

Agreed 100%.
And I'm fine with the rebuild. This team isn't going anywhere

chris98251

Reaction score
MLB play is very much tied to DT play, that has not been stellar, they have to tie up and push so Bobby isn't fighting lineman and can play down hill. Ray Lewis had this same problem, when the Ravens shored up the DT position his career revitalized for a few more years.

Plus I do think we have guys like Adams, Diggs, Bobby trying to do more then they are supposed to in their assignments to make plays they should not need be in.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12pylin5 said:

Crazy how people refused to see the harm in that signing.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd just like to see Rhatt play one game going into the bye week to evaluate him and give b-wags an extra week rest. Its a smart move.

Latest posts