A quiz for the board

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36iph26g said:
Or it’s just being blown out of proportion?!?!?!

I agree considering how many 50/50 balls Wilson has thrown to DK I don't think it was at Wilson

LTH

Reaction score
I think its just DJ saying trust me on the 50/50 battles.

LTH

Exittium

Reaction score
Yeah agreed, the tweets blown out of proportion. But if I make a guess I’d agreed witv LTH It’s a “just trust me with 50/50 battles”

OP
OP
OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Exittium":znat89io said:
Yeah agreed, the tweets blown out of proportion. But if I make a guess I’d agreed witv LTH It’s a “just trust me with 50/50 battles”
I agree. I think that falls in the everyone (general) category.

classicaaron

Reaction score
the real question is as a qb or coach would you trust DK to catch a ball over Tyler to catch a ball? If your going to throw a 50/50 ball ill take the Tyler option all day. DK drops way too many that hit his hands. He may be the "better athlete" to put himself in position but he clearly doesnt have the better hands so why bother.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Through 8 games he is credited with ONE drop on 56 targets. His first two years he had 7-100 and 8-129 for drop percentage of 7.0 and 6.2

This years drop % is 1.8 with a QB rating of 142.9 and 8 td

All of these numbers are quite close to those of D. Adams and M. Evans

And in comparison to Tyler…. They each had 8 drops last year

THROW DK THE BALL

I believe they both should get a minimum of 10 targets a game. The problem lies in the Hawks league worst 31.33% conversion rate on 3rd down. The Hawks also have the league’s fewest plays per game at 56.2

LTH

Reaction score
I'm not going to look because I'm not a stat guy but I would be willing to bet that TOP and third down conversions have gotten much better over the last few games... and that's kind of my thing about stats is that they are a measuring stick a few games at a time and you can't look at the years as a whole and base an opinion off of those stats...

But to your point yes! throw DK the ball~~~

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Pittsburg 3-12
N.O. 3-12
Jax 3-10
And they lost T.O.P. by 8,5,and 3

I can give you the rest of the season but it will only show they are dead last in plays and 3rd down conversions.

I have made the argument for years now that the Hawks biggest problem has been and still is their terrible 3rd down conversion rate. It literally affects every aspect of the game.

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2zux6zwx said:
Pittsburg 3-12
N.O. 3-12
Jax 3-10
And they lost T.O.P. by 8,5,and 3

I can give you the rest of the season but it will only show they are dead last in plays and 3rd down conversions.

I have made the argument for years now that the Hawks biggest problem has been and still is their terrible 3rd down conversion rate. It literally affects every aspect of the game.

No Ill take your word for it...Yeah that really sux.... definitely an issue...

Edit: whats the league average?

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":35tgzwjg said:
I'm not going to look because I'm not a stat guy but I would be willing to bet that TOP and third-down conversions have gotten much better over the last few games... and that's kind of my thing about stats is that they are a measuring stick a few games at a time and you can't look at the years as a whole and base an opinion off of those stats...

But to your point yes! throw DK the ball~~~

LTH

So mixed bags

through the first 4 games, we had top of 22 and 33% 3rd down conversion

through the last 3 top is 28 but 3rd down conversion down to 26%

That said 3rd and long meaning 5 or more yards is the same and very high.

I left out the rams game due to 2 QBs but

Rams game top was 27 minutes 40% 3rd down conversion. Interestingly also are best at fewest 3rd and long

Another point of note last 3 games our defense has given up fewer 5+ minute drives than in the first 4 games.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t really see Russ throwing DK 50/50 jump balls.

Russ throws a fairly safe ball, typically as commentators put it, a “Moon ball” which is cool since it drops right into hands but seeing a receiver stretch and get vertical on a high ball is pretty amazing!

Say what you want but DK doesn’t really get those jump balls!

It’s always cool seeing a defender get “Mossed!”

Currently, player to “Moss” defenders has been Julio Jones.

DK has the measurable to do so but he just doesn’t get the opportunities to do so.

Wilson needs to throw the balls and have DK jump reach and catch them because DK wants to catch those.

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ydyj9f3u said:
Honestly, I don’t really see Russ throwing DK 50/50 jump balls.

Russ throws a fairly safe ball, typically as commentators put it, a “Moon ball” which is cool since it drops right into hands but seeing a receiver stretch and get vertical on a high ball is pretty amazing!

Say what you want but DK doesn’t really get those jump balls!

It’s always cool seeing a defender get “Mossed!”

Currently, player to “Moss” defenders has been Julio Jones.

DK has the measurable to do so but he just doesn’t get the opportunities to do so.

Wilson needs to throw the balls and have DK jump reach and catch them because DK wants to catch those.

Say what you want but Wilson has done it many times, with varied results. Sometimes they connect, sometimes DK drops it. But it has been done. Now could they do it more? Perhaps.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, it's DK. This will turn in to him wanting to fight half his teammates. He's a cancer. Trade him, blah blah blah.

It's very clear that if you throw the ball up to DK, he will come down with it. Anyone considered that Pete is so turnover scared that he's hampering the QB's? That is a legit concern imo. Big strong WR, throw it up and let him go get it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it was DK saying "hey just throw me the ball more, even if I'm covered."

And he's right. DK should be getting 10+ targets a game, no matter who's coach, QB or coordinator.

Having said this, I can recall at least 3-4 balls this year where Russ or Geno did throw it up to him and he didn't come down with it. So while I agree that he needs more targets, I think DK's got a little memory loss with the balls that were thrown up to him and he didn't come down with it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
WR's saying to throw them the ball has been going on for decades. Would you rather have a guy with confidence like that, or a dude that's scared? Just sayin.