Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wilson to Giant for Daniel Jones & their 2 first round picks

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Don't think Joe Judge will last, if our Russ goes to NYG, he can hand pick his next HC and OC, to have a system that wouldn't restrict him like the Peteball. Ciara has big Apple as her home base. NYG has one of the worst OL, but couldn't be worst than Hawks?

    For the Hawks, we get Daniel Jones, who has game manager written all over his face, we will also get Giants' 2 first round picks and lets of cap space.

    A fresh start for both Russ and Ciara.
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • toffee wrote:Don't think Joe Judge will last, if our Russ goes to NYG, he can hand pick his next HC and OC, to have a system that wouldn't restrict him like the Peteball. Ciara has big Apple as her home base. NYG has one of the worst OL, but couldn't be worst than Hawks?

    For the Hawks, we get Daniel Jones, who has game manager written all over his face, we will also get Giants' 2 first round picks and lets of cap space.

    A fresh start for both Russ and Ciara.

    Daniel Jones? Jeez. Can we get the two 1sts and a back of sweet and spicy daritos instead?
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1269
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


  • Give me the Jets White, Minchew, or the back up at Washington Heinicke, all three I think would want a second chance on a team looking for a starter, they have shown they can play, just need to show they can be consistent playing. They won't cost the moon and will get you through any process without reaching for the next guy, Geno could be the stop gap guy also, he seems to do well and was getting better in this offense.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Daniel Jones? Lol. As if the team wasnt dumpster fire enough.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2825
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


  • I'd need them to throw in Andrew Thomas too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5471
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


  • Daniel Jones has zero pocket presence.

    White would be interesting. Heineke as well.

    I still say they make a run at Watson.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 752
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • Geezus, make it stop.
    Have a good week, I should have known better than to come on here this week :roll:
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18414
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • keasley45 wrote:Daniel Jones has zero pocket presence.

    White would be interesting. Heineke as well.

    I still say they make a run at Watson.
    Swap out Jones with Saquon Barkley?

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • See, this is what I mean by "it depends on the trade package" when dealing Russ.

    This package is very not good.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5866
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • The Seahawks would never trade Wilson unless he requests a trade, or Deshaun Watson is coming to Seattle.

    Image
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1944
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


  • This directly right here ^
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18414
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I'd take Derek Carr and two first rounders from the Raiders for Russell.

    It was one of Russell's approved teams last year, so I assume they'll be on his list again next off season.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 19863
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I'd take Derek Carr and two first rounders from the Raiders for Russell.

    It was one of Russell's approved teams last year, so I assume they'll be on his list again next off season.

    But why would the Raiders want a bum like Wilson for the Great Derek Carr AND two 1sts? Nonsense.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1944
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


  • massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I'd take Derek Carr and two first rounders from the Raiders for Russell.

    It was one of Russell's approved teams last year, so I assume they'll be on his list again next off season.

    But why would the Raiders want a bum like Wilson for the Great Derek Carr AND two 1sts? Nonsense.


    Why do you think Russell's a bum?

    I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

    That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 19863
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I'd take Derek Carr and two first rounders from the Raiders for Russell.

    It was one of Russell's approved teams last year, so I assume they'll be on his list again next off season.

    But why would the Raiders want a bum like Wilson for the Great Derek Carr AND two 1sts? Nonsense.


    Why do you think Russell's a bum?

    I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

    That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.
    Raiders was my choice of trade last off season, was disappointed that it didn't happen.

    Tim Cable know Russ well , hoping Cable will advocate for Russ.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Why do you think Russell's a bum?

    I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

    That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.

    "Reached his potential". You mean of HOF QB? I'd love to see what he does with an offensive minded HC.

    Rebuilds are short lived in the NFL and Russ has a decade ahead of him. I'm sure those two 1st rounders will be All-Pros at premium positions.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1944
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


  • GemCity wrote:Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • You guys don’t wanna trade him for Aaron Rodgers?
    Mizak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 973
    Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:36 pm


  • massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Why do you think Russell's a bum?

    I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

    That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.

    "Reached his potential". You mean of HOF QB?

    Rebuilds are short lived in the NFL and Russ has a decade ahead of him. I'm sure those two 1st rounders will be All-Pros at premium positions.


    All HOF players get to the Mason Dixon line of their bodies and play deteriorating.

    So just saying Russell's a HOF QB isn't contradicting my opinion. If you can't see that Russell isn't as illusive as he used to be, teams have figured out how to minimize his effectiveness......and now injuries are creeping in as he ages?

    Then idk what to tell you.

    This team needs a top down rebuild, and Russell's it's biggest asset to speed up that process. Hanging onto a player who's play is deteriorating isn't smart.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 19863
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • toffee wrote:
    GemCity wrote:Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk



    Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm


  • massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Why do you think Russell's a bum?

    I think Russell's reached his potential as a QB, and IMO Carr would be a solid veteran QB to come in and play well while we turn the roster over trying to rebuild........and we'd get two 1st rounders.

    That's not a trade out of the realm of reasonable. Unless Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis agree with me that Russell's reached his potential.

    "Reached his potential". You mean of HOF QB? I'd love to see what he does with an offensive minded HC.

    Rebuilds are short lived in the NFL and Russ has a decade ahead of him. I'm sure those two 1st rounders will be All-Pros at premium positions.


    You'd like to see him just audible out of the play calls the coaching staff designed and say F the game plan, while chucking it down field for anther team? I'm good with that.

    I still don't think he's a HOF QB unfortunately, appreciate the SB and a second good year with an amazing defense behind him... but :shrug: All opinions in the end
    balakoth
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • Image
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 15250
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • GemCity wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    GemCity wrote:Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk



    Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.


    No everyone did not, throwing the Line under the bus, being unhappy Schotty was allowed to leave, he was sending signals then about discontent. Now his performance. The Humble I want to prove everyone wrong Russell has changed into the Celebrity running with the in Crowd entitled Russell and his play suffers now.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Mizak wrote:You guys don’t wanna trade him for Aaron Rodgers?
    We probably have to package Russ plus picks to get Aaron, that's picks we don't have.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • I understand the criticism but, there’s some folks on here that truly dislike everything from his brand to his celebrity wife. You guys probably already know this and likely won’t care but, you really diminish any chance at fruitful discussion when you throw a bunch of $h!t into the conversation like “Raiders. His wife could do Vegas”.

    I’m positive he really don’t give 2 poops about location or market pertaining to “brand”. He’s already a megastar. This isn’t OBJ we’re talking about. He flys first class to change the weather.

    If he wants out of Seattle, it’s due to management and coaches. Sorry…just thought you should know.
    Last edited by GemCity on Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm


  • Right on schedule, folks start with the Fantasy Football trade suggestions. :laugh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 22669
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Russ should have shut his mouth in the off season. He now looks like a fool. !
    K.J WRIGHT
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 157
    Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:46 pm


  • Irony at it's finest...........^
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18414
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • GemCity wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    GemCity wrote:Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk



    Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.


    Hindsight for you maybe.The dude was playing the same way after week 6 last year. Only difference was daddy took the keys to the car away. And prior to last year there were quite a few people saying that Russ's falloff would be dramatic once his legs couldn't get him out of trouble anymore.

    He was never, mentally, a great qb when it came to pure x's and o's. He accomplished everything he has with his escapability an talent for finding thr open guy and getting him the ball.

    I'd also add that the only thing keeping us back right now in any significant way is the qb play within our offense... well. Before we lost Tre Brown and Carson for the season, that is.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 752
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm
    Location: Cockeysville, Md


  • sutz wrote:Right on schedule, folks start with the Fantasy Football trade suggestions. :laugh:


    Dude, it's the final stretch of fantasy leagues to the playoffs, ain't no one who wants a QB who throw for 150 yards and no TD's.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 19863
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit
    Both Tua and Jones underachieved in their team, who is a better fit for PeteBall?

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • toffee wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit
    Both Tua and Jones underachieved in their team, who is a better fit for PeteBall?

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk


    So did Ryan Tannehill until he signed with the Titans. Maybe Miami is just a trash organization that doesn't know how to properly use QB's?
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 116
    Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 pm


  • MyrtleHawk wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:I like Tua and a couple of firsts from the Fins tbh for a quarterback that can make all of the throws and doesn't hang onto it forever I like the fit
    Both Tua and Jones underachieved in their team, who is a better fit for PeteBall?

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk


    So did Ryan Tannehill until he signed with the Titans. Maybe Miami is just a trash organization that doesn't know how to properly use QB's?


    Misusing QBs, heck, that's what folks on dot net said about the Hawks, misusing the talent of Russell Wilson.
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:Give me the Jets White, Minchew, or the back up at Washington Heinicke, all three I think would want a second chance on a team looking for a starter, they have shown they can play, just need to show they can be consistent playing. They won't cost the moon and will get you through any process without reaching for the next guy, Geno could be the stop gap guy also, he seems to do well and was getting better in this offense.


    Heinicke would be my pick.
    Mix
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 515
    Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:14 am


  • keasley45 wrote:
    GemCity wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    GemCity wrote:Prior to this season, I’ve never been an advocate of trading Wilson. I have thought that we need a shakeup in coaches and staff.

    However, I think if you’re going to ever trade Wilson, now is the time to do it. I can see some things have diminished such as mobility, decision making, etc. I do believe that if he went to a team like the Saints, they’re instant contenders and he could even get another SB win. Long story short…I believe he has several years left in the tank.

    But, if ever, now would be the time while you can still picture getting at least 2 firsts (I said at least), a third, and a role player or two.

    With that line of thinking, you also need to consider unloading Wagz, Lockett, and pray DK would want to stay. This all would’ve sounded crazy just a few weeks back but the reality is that this team needs a serious rebuild. We’re talking a few years at minimum with the hopes that you’re not stuck in a Miami Dolphins type rebuild.

    I’d unload veteran talent (pains me to say that as folks like Lockett haven’t been anything short than incredible).

    I’d build from both sides of the lines first and go defense from there. Due to wear and tear, RB would be last on my list in whatever draft we could manage to snag a good one. Not Penny good but you know, Chubb good.

    It’s time.

    Oh…need some LBs too. This Brooks kid shows flashes but, I’m not convinced.
    I respectfully disagree, the time to trade was LAST off season. I advocated it and Pete screwed it up. Wilson's trade value was at its peak just a short few months ago. But it's what it is, we shall see what we could savage on Wilson's trade value. We can help his trade value by sitting him right now.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk



    Appreciate the response. There’s zero chance I would’ve traded him after last season. Everything is clearer in hindsight but, there’s no way I would’ve done that. Everyone thought this team still had potential. Now, the reality is that we’re very far off. A trade now makes sense…it absolutely did not before.


    Hindsight for you maybe.The dude was playing the same way after week 6 last year. Only difference was daddy took the keys to the car away. And prior to last year there were quite a few people saying that Russ's falloff would be dramatic once his legs couldn't get him out of trouble anymore.

    He was never, mentally, a great qb when it came to pure x's and o's. He accomplished everything he has with his escapability an talent for finding thr open guy and getting him the ball.

    I'd also add that the only thing keeping us back right now in any significant way is the qb play within our offense... well. Before we lost Tre Brown and Carson for the season, that is.


    Although I advocated trading Russ last off-season, I never doubted Wilson's a generational talent in playing QB, he was the perfect PeteBall QB until he wanted to be something else. I advocated the trade based on Wilson's ambition was on collision course with his known skill set, that and Pete totally lost control on how to handle Russ.
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • No to Daniel Jones. Looks like another Mitch Turbisky.

    I'd rather rebuild like Pete did in 2010. He kept Hass around for a year, got an interim replacement the following season, then drafted Russell in the 3rd round. Granted, we can't expect QB's like Russell to be available in the third round in every draft, but we don't have to spend a top 10 draft pick to get one, either. Deshaun Watson was a #12 overall. Mac Jones was a #15 overall. Lamar Jackson was a #32 overall. I'd rather build our offensive line and defense before we put a QB back on the shooting gallery and ask them to win games for us right out of the gate.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2279
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


  • RiverDog wrote:No to Daniel Jones. Looks like another Mitch Turbisky.

    I'd rather rebuild like Pete did in 2010. He kept Hass around for a year, got an interim replacement the following season, then drafted Russell in the 3rd round. Granted, we can't expect QB's like Russell to be available in the third round in every draft, but we don't have to spend a top 10 draft pick to get one, either. Deshaun Watson was a #12 overall. Mac Jones was a #15 overall. Lamar Jackson was a #32 overall. I'd rather build our offensive line and defense before we put a QB back on the shooting gallery and ask them to win games for us right out of the gate.
    Part of the reason why I advocated to trade Wilson last off season. Not a popular opinion at the time, but tough executive made tough decisions. Bill Walsh traded Montana for crying out loud, he could do that because he signed Steve Young. Montana gave Walsh and Young hell, but hey, Walsh was tough enough to make difficult decisions. Pete didn't or couldn't, he didn't even dare to draft a qualified QB to hold the clipboard.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3641
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm




It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online