Are the Patriots (finally) dead?

Maulbert

Reaction score
At least with Brady behind center? I know it's been asked a lot and been quite wrong, but this year, they just don't look right. I have no doubts about Belicheat finding some miracle panacea, but they haven't looked like themselves for awhile now.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
God we can only hope. Everybody is sick of them that doesn't live in the New England area. Brady must be approaching 45 years old. It's time for that to be over now. Enough is enough. It seems like they win or lose the Super Bowl like every other year. What have they been in 9 of them? And win 6? That's plenty enough for the Patriots. Them going down and some new blood in the league is fine by me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Patriots screwed 2Xs by the refs in the last 3 mins. Pats would've scored on a scoop of a clear fumble by Kelce thast the refs quick whistled.
Guessing NE gets the ball here but.............more shit officiating cost them 7 and only trailing by 3. Sure would be nice to see the NFL actually value quality refereeing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
To answer the question posed in the title of this thread........it sure appears that way but as long as you have a D, which they do, you ain't dead for this season at least.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aaaaaand the refs totally screw NE for a 3rd time in a 5 min. period and the evil hoodie is out of challenges. Harry scores a TD and they call him down. I don't care who wins this game but my God this crew is utter shite. It's the Jerome Boger crew and they are notoriously terrible. This cost the Pats 4 points cuz they end up having to kick a FG

PLEASE for the love of God DON'T let the Seahawks have this crew at least for the rest of this season.

Fade

Reaction score
I don't think they are, as flawed as they are.

Belichick cooks up unique gameplans in the playoffs and catches teams offguard.

They will retool in the offseason and be a force next year.

Until Belichick retires they will always be a problem.

I wouldn't mind seeing them implode though.

cymatica

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":n4c16pvb said:
Aaaaaand the refs totally screw NE for a 3rd time in a 5 min. period and the evil hoodie is out of challenges. Harry scores a TD and they call him down. I don't care who wins this game but my God this crew is utter $h!t. It's the Jerome Boger crew and they are notoriously terrible.

It goes beyond stupid since every scoring play is reviewable. Why not signal TD on something close and get it right on the review? Professional officials have no excuse for something like that. Then on the next play they screwed NE again. Signaling TD, then change it, but the clock never stopped... timeout wasted.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
One can only wish these guys would die. I hate NE. KC is getting homered. The call on Kelse was BS. Bad call. I was glad to see that they got screwed out of the TD. Poetic justice. IMO

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Regardless of the substandard reffins, announcers just said Chief equipment did not not show up until two hours before the game. See also:

Spygate
Tom's saggy ballz.
Russ/Pete and other teams not having radio contact for huge chunks of time, but instead getting local Pats broadcast in their ears...Jeebus. what a joke.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
AubHawk71":18tiyqjq said:
Regardless of the substandard reffins, announcers just said Chief equipment did not not show up until two hours before the game. See also:

Spygate
Tom's saggy ballz.
Russ/Pete and other teams not having radio contact for huge chunks of time, but instead getting local Pats broadcast in their ears...Jeebus. what a joke.

This another of the many reasons I hate them and tire of them.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Warms the cockles of my black heart to see NE lose. LOL

Cyrus12

Reaction score
To answer the question....NO.....this will be the part on americas game where they looked dead in the water and doubt was casted on the 42 year old qb....but then Brady and Bill got it all together and bang another ring!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They’ve (NE) have been benefiting off of steering/incompetence of
Officials the whole Shady Brady / Billycheat era so I won’t be shedding tears.

Are they dead? Nope. Are they beatable? Yes.

knownone

Reaction score
They got robbed of two TDs in today’s game. Brady still looks good, his receivers just suck.

They aren’t dead until they get embarrassed in the playoffs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If the Pats wanted to outright extend Brady, they would have done it outright. Brady is not the type to mentor his successor as seen with Garropolo getting shipped to SF. They are gonna have to suck for a year to get draft position for a top-round QB let alone wideouts. The sucking has already started on the latter, and it's clear Brady wants no part of it.

Brady goes maybe to the Chargers, leaving Belichick in charge of at least a mini-tank--undermining both their "legacies."

This Boston-area article explains it really well.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/sports/n ... s/2043953/

bmorepunk

Reaction score
knownone":3fmfb6px said:
They got robbed of two TDs in today’s game. Brady still looks good, his receivers just suck.

They aren’t dead until they get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Younger Brady could cover for some of their injury and receiver talent issues.

Dude's still one of the better QBs in the league. But he is getting old, and he was always lacking mobility.

Given their offensive personnel issues, I'm sure he's a little pissed about all the money he left on the table for them to get better players and having to deal with what he has at this point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Haven't we learned to not count out the Patriots? Until I see someone beat them in the playoffs, I'll believe they are done and/or dead. That D is legit....

xray

Reaction score
No matter...the Pats had a dynasty for 18 years...who else has that ?

Latest posts