Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Newton

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Cam Newton
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:01 pm
  • Where does he land? I am thinking he would be great for the LA Chargers but at what cost?
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Re: Cam Newton
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:11 pm
  • I think he can end up there or Chicago. I would think a young guy like Cam would prefer LA. Also Chicago fans would eat him up at the first sign of his pouting attitude. Just sayin
    BubbaGump
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:05 pm
  • Potentially Washington because of Ron Rivera.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Potentially Washington because of Ron Rivera.

True but they did just invest a 1st rd pick in a QB
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:39 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Potentially Washington because of Ron Rivera.

True but they did just invest a 1st rd pick in a QB

Yeah, but inherited first round picks aren't always popular with their new coach. Just look at Josh Rosen.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:42 pm
  • Cam or Jamies to NE maybe?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:24 pm
  • quite sure superman is not ready to be anyone's backup?
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:12 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Cam or Jamies to NE maybe?

Yes!!! How much fun will it be to watch Belichik's head explode working with either of those headcases...??? Here's wishing!
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm
  • toffee wrote:quite sure superman is not ready to be anyone's backup?

Probably not, but he should consider it. Follow the path of the guy who replaced him (I'm totally spacing on his name right now, which I feel bad about but not bad enough to look up).
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:35 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    toffee wrote:quite sure superman is not ready to be anyone's backup?

Probably not, but he should consider it. Follow the path of the guy who replaced him (I'm totally spacing on his name right now, which I feel bad about but not bad enough to look up).

Teddy Bridgewater.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:45 pm
  • He is an overated broken down QB who has lost a step or two.
    He's not a great thrower..Doesn't play smart.
    He's better off to just hang em up.He doesn't need $.
    Goodbye fake Superman.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:31 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:
    toffee wrote:quite sure superman is not ready to be anyone's backup?

Teddy Bridgewater.

Thank you. Major brain freeze.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:48 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:He is an overated broken down QB who has lost a step or two.
    He's not a great thrower..Doesn't play smart.
    He's better off to just hang em up.He doesn't need $.
    Goodbye fake Superman.

We know that's not going to happen, he won't just retire now. He'll try to get onto a team, maybe on a 1-Year deal with a fringe starter and try to insert himself into that #1 role. My guess is Denver or Jacksonville.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 am
  • I'm not ready to think he's done just yet. He just needs a stable team where he can retool his game and learn to play within his skill set. I think the ideal landing spot would be New Orleans. He could back up Brees for a season then be in the building and ready to go when Brees retirees.
    Boohman14
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm
  • Boohman14 wrote:I'm not ready to think he's done just yet. He just needs a stable team where he can retool his game and learn to play within his skill set. I think the ideal landing spot would be New Orleans. He could back up Brees for a season then be in the building and ready to go when Brees retirees.

Though a sound idea, I don't think Cam wants to be a backup. At all. I think he wants to start or at least have the chance to start and going to NO isn't gonna stroke that ego of his.

Miami, Denver, Jacksonville I think are some leading candidates that could consider him. At most on a 1 year deal though.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 pm
  • I think Miami or the Stealers would be the best place for him.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    Boohman14 wrote:I'm not ready to think he's done just yet. He just needs a stable team where he can retool his game and learn to play within his skill set. I think the ideal landing spot would be New Orleans. He could back up Brees for a season then be in the building and ready to go when Brees retirees.

Though a sound idea, I don't think Cam wants to be a backup. At all. I think he wants to start or at least have the chance to start and going to NO isn't gonna stroke that ego of his.

Miami, Denver, Jacksonville I think are some leading candidates that could consider him. At most on a 1 year deal though.
    Skill set?The guy sucks..Look at his stats and QB rating and he no longer can run
    like an oversized Vick.As for where he goes..The Saints?Lmao that would be a major dropoff from
    Brees and besides they have Hill who has a better skill set :roll: Dumpster fire Jags are the only team
    I can see being dumb enough to want him and pay him.Guys are we watching the same QB for last 3
    years?
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:50 pm
  • If I'm a GM, I wouldn't sign him unless he agreed to start eating meat again. As soon as he went Vegan, he started getting hurt and playing like dog crap.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:19 am
  • Never accurate, never will be and that is huge imo. Without the threat of running due to injuries he's not even a mid-level NFL QB anymore. Don't believe he's worth the baggage he brings.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:47 am
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    Boohman14 wrote:I'm not ready to think he's done just yet. He just needs a stable team where he can retool his game and learn to play within his skill set. I think the ideal landing spot would be New Orleans. He could back up Brees for a season then be in the building and ready to go when Brees retirees.

I am sure Denver is salivating at the possibility. "Hey, remember that dude that helped us win a Super Bowl, threw temper tantrums on the sideline and acted like a spoiled child afterward? Why don't we get him on our offense?"
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:15 pm
  • Jacksonville has Gardner Minshew and Cam would NOT be an upgrade.
    Miami and the Stealers might be a fit as RCaido suggested.

The guy who could make something out of Newton would be Greg Roman.
    Oops, he is in Baltimore and has a better option there already in Lamar Jackson. Jackson has superior skills and doesn't seem to have tantrums the way Cam does.

I'm just drawing a blank on teams where installing Newton as a starter would actually improve them and be a worthwhile investment. Pittsburgh, maybe Denver, good question. Miami, I don't really see it.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:29 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Cam Newton's been cut. I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28946515/sources-panthers-expected-release-cam-newton

Probably because it's just Scam Newton...his career ended in the super bowl.

Yep. He has no problem risking injury doing a flip while crossing the goal line but will not dive on a fumble in a 6 point game in the superbowl.

He was exposed that day.

I'd love to see him go to Dallas if the Dak situation is prolonged.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information