Quarterback? Who Needs Them

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Not the Denver Broncos.

All the quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints because they have been deemed high risk for COVID-19, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Schefter adds that Denver does not intend on forfeiting the game while Mike Klis of 9News.com reports that running back Royce Freeman and practice squad receiver Kendall Hinton could step up to play at quarterback.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/re ... vs-saints/

This is becoming a joke.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Let's see...

Ravens put 6 more players on the covid list today
Broncos have no qbs eligible to play
49ers were just told to practice and play somewhere else

...and the Hawks have had no positives correct.

What if we made the playoffs and it didn't even matter b/c the whole league was shut down.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
SantaClaraHawk":1h5fmjnm said:
Let's see...

What if we made the playoffs and it didn't even matter b/c the whole league was shut down.

IT would be sooo very two thousand and twenty of a thing that I would just laugh. Seriously, this pandemic has put so much into perspective for me.

El Caliente

Reaction score
As a Saints fan I honestly feel bad for the Broncos. This game should probably get pushed back a few days/weeks. I hold no Ill will towards them, and while we haven’t beaten them since 1994, I don’t want to win like this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":10dqsjmp said:
Let's see...

Then they will give us the Lombardi by default.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
What determines whether a game is postponed vs. the team is just require to play for forfeit? It seems like games were postponed earlier in the season for similar circumstances?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
El Caliente":1rrmuwoi said:
As a Saints fan I honestly feel bad for the Broncos. This game should probably get pushed back a few days/weeks. I hold no Ill will towards them, and while we haven’t beaten them since 1994, I don’t want to win like this.

Sometimes insane gimmicks work for a game or two. Coaches might have something wacky up their sleeves.

I'd feel worse for the Saints if they lost to a QB-less team, which is possible.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Shouldn't be that bad. The Bronco's have been playing without a QB since Peyton retired.
Just sayin...!!!

James in PA

Reaction score
This makes no sense. This game should not be being played today. More inconsistency from the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
From Florio...

The Broncos’ entire quarterback room is out of today’s game against the Saints, after Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID-19 and Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were all designated as close contacts with Driskel. And the NFL may be preparing to discipline the four quarterbacks for their actions during and after that close contact.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the Broncos’ quarterbacks were not forthcoming when dealing with contact tracers for NFL and NFL Players Association.

All four quarterbacks failed to wear masks in meetings, according to multiple reports, which is a violation of league rules. And the report also indicates that once Driskel tested positive, the other three quarterbacks weren’t cooperative when contact tracing attempted to establish who might have caught the coronavirus from Driskel.

The Eagles resigned Josh McCown for league minimum and told him to stay and work out where he was. If this were to happen to the Eagles, all they'd have to do is fly him in for emergency duty. No delays since he's already on the roster.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":dmyj74l7 said:
What determines whether a game is postponed vs. the team is just require to play for forfeit? It seems like games were postponed earlier in the season for similar circumstances?
Matters on what team it is. If it was the Stealers, Cowboys, Packers, or any other legacy team, the game would be moved.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1x64va98 said:
Milehighhawk":1x64va98 said:
Matters on what team it is. If it was the Stealers, Cowboys, Packers, or any other legacy team, the game would be moved.

I hope that isn't true, but I wonder...

Kendall Hinton a non-starting WR is in at QB. This game is a sad joke.

Not surprisingly, zero completions in the 1st quarter.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Make that zero completions, and zero points for the first half :roll: