Brady trolls Trump in front of Biden, who agrees

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-deniers/

“We got on a roll,” Brady said during the team’s visit to the White House. “Not a lot of people think that we could have won. In fact I think about 40 percent of the people still don’t think we won.”

“I understand that,” President Joe Biden interjected.

But Brady had more scripted material. “We had a game in Chicago where I forgot what down it was,” he said. “I lost track of one down in 21 years of playing. And they started calling me Sleepy Tom. Why would they do that to me?” (Trump routinely called Biden “Sleepy Joe” during the campaign.)

The 40-percent crack drew laughs (as intended), but at some level you can bet that Brady’s motivational tactics for his teammates in 2021 will include telling them that people don’t think they were the best team last year, and that they didn’t deserve to get to the Super Bowl or win it. That’s the best way to nudge them to make the commitment needed to get back there again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They weren’t the best team. They just happened to be the better team on that given day.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":26f443x0 said:
They weren’t the best team. They just happened to be the better team on that given day.

You could say that about any team, tho.

I'm still waiting to see what Trump does on Brady. Will he call him "Shady"? It does not seem Brady is that worried about it.

massari

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r7tb2dx said:
hawkfan68":1r7tb2dx said:

You could say that about any team, tho.

I'm still waiting to see what Trump does on Brady. Will he call him "Shady"? It does not seem Brady is that worried about it.
Trump and Brady are friends. Obviously just playing around unless you fall for fake news headlines. GOATs recognize GOATs.

Brady trump gty jpo 190203 hpMain 1x1 384
WN36XD63KM6HFKOF4YRXSP3HBM
YKUBpMJRUp3nG8bdt4pEHBitdExcGg1TvKGlsHDwcusqpCAU
Sufuas fasffasfsaf 1

balakoth

Reaction score
IMagine taking pictures with whatever context and calling them "Friends"

Sit down jesus. GOAT.... ROFL For **** sakes.

massari

Reaction score
balakoth":xvya24ca said:
IMagine taking pictures with whatever context and calling them "Friends"

Sit down jesus. GOAT.... ROFL For f*** sakes.
IMagine commenting on something you know nothing about..... ROFL for **** sakes...A simple 2 sec Google search you would find both guys calling the other a friend.

Jesus ROFL.....sit down....ROFL

ivotuk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3imjdgzw said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/tom-brady-pokes-fun-at-election-deniers/

“We got on a roll,” Brady said during the team’s visit to the White House. “Not a lot of people think that we could have won. In fact I think about 40 percent of the people still don’t think we won.”

But Brady had more scripted material. “We had a game in Chicago where I forgot what down it was,” he said. “I lost track of one down in 21 years of playing. And they started calling me Sleepy Tom. Why would they do that to me?” (Trump routinely called Biden “Sleepy Joe” during the campaign.)

The 40-percent crack drew laughs (as intended), but at some level you can bet that Brady’s motivational tactics for his teammates in 2021 will include telling them that people don’t think they were the best team last year, and that they didn’t deserve to get to the Super Bowl or win it. That’s the best way to nudge them to make the commitment needed to get back there again.

Seems like a stretch to me. "Why would "they" do that to me." Who is they? Just somebody trying to make a Sports topic in to a Political one.

And since when is Profootballtalk a reliable source? That's where you go for obscure comments that can be construed in any way one wants.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3pvicjqb said:
SantaClaraHawk":3pvicjqb said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/tom-brady-pokes-fun-at-election-deniers/

Seems like a stretch to me. "Why would "they" do that to me." Who is they? Just somebody trying to make a Sports topic in to a Political one.

And since when is Profootballtalk a reliable source? That's where you go for obscure comments that can be construed in any way one wants.

The footage of Brady and Biden is all over the news channels; clearly not made up.

As to what Florio thinks of what Brady said, isn't it part of his job to go into it? His being a lawyer also lends expertise when he's talking about legal matters nfl, which he often is.

His site is clean, frequently updated and hosted by a major network. Even when I do not agree with Florio, I find the site a useful aggregator at least.