“Jimmy Graham fits in so perfect with us"

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
original poster":kymofuk9 said:
I'm amazed were even discussing the comparison between Jimmy and Percy.

Look at what NO fans are saying about him. 99.9% are absolutely devastated.
Truth.

Percy was never going to be a good fit in our offense, he was never going to buy in, he was never going to behave like a respectable adult, and he isn't even much of a WR.

Graham on the other hand is an automatic mismatch due to height and speed, and he fits right in with Wilson's penchant for throwing too high (but where the defenders can't get it).

TEs don't really run exotic routes so learning the playbook (another of percy's weaknesses) won't be an issue either.

Anyone who can't see how drastically different Percy and Jimmy are must not even be trying. Percy was never going to be a good fit because he doesn't really do anything well AND he actually has to be healthy just so he can play and be mediocre.

The graham trade is 10000000000 times better than the Harvin trade.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593489616201752578[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593477190425190402[/tweet]

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can understand Harvin and Graham comparisons, but in reality it's two separate situations, as many people have said.

Strangely enough, both players are similar in play style after they have the ball. Both Graham and Harvin don't shy away from contact and take a lot of shots when they get the ball.

Graham is a larger target, isn't as elusive as Harvin, and touches the ball a LOT more than Harvin. Pete has actually mentioned this when addressing Graham being soft, saying that Graham is a tough runner and takes a LOT of shots.

Graham had a couple of different injuries that slowed him down last year. Slowed him down to the tune of 85 catches for 889 yards and 10 TDs. Harvin would get nicked up and wouldn't play. The coaching staff had to manage Harvin a lot more than Graham has needed to be, and that is the biggest difference to me. Also, the Seahawks staff is excellent in managing their players (see Lynch, Marshawn).

I personally see Graham catching 65-70 balls this year, and that includes a period where he's feeling out his team and QB. 64 catches is 4 rec/game and that doesn't seem unreasonable. I think we'll see more offensive reps this year, with Wilson converting a higher 3rd down % and also having a more reliable red zone target. If I had to guess, I'd go conservative and say Graham will have:

65 rec, 910 yards, and 10 TDs. That's 4 rec/game and 14 yards per reception.

We're a ball control offense that likes big plays. Graham is going to be a big part of that, converting 3rd downs, broken plays, bailing Wilson out, and red zone conversions. He's going to see the ball, take it to the bank.

titan3131

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1il5ay15 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593489616201752578[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593477190425190402[/tweet]

well that explains why he still thinks Jimmy is soft LOL.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well if Bennett can't get along with Graham, he can ride his bike to Chicago and play with that team instead.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Just weird that both brothers want more money all of a sudden, I guess if you don't ask, you won't know?

netskier

Reaction score
I think they are talking to each other. This is my conspiracy theory. Who here thinks they are not? I sure would if I were in their shoes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Interesting, and I wouldn't be shocked if that's the truth. Personally I just think Michael wants Martellis on the Seahawks given even he's smart enough not to play for Chicago and Smokin' Jay.

netskier

Reaction score
They might even team up to offer the seahawks a twofer, to increase their negotiating strength. This could be good (or bad) for both sides.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
netskier":37tyszwh said:
They might even team up to offer the seahawks a twofer, to increase their negotiating strength. This could be good (or bad) for both sides.
It's fun to speculate about but totally unrealistic given we got Jimmy.