6-10 maybe 8-8 at best (Russ mainly)

Russ goes down game 1 then 0-16

This team is garbage minus a few spots.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
rjdriver":3396xxkk said:
Seahwkgal":3396xxkk said:
Coug_Hawk08":3396xxkk said:
First time in franchise history. It doesn’t feel good.
You obviously weren’t a fan during the early nineties or you have a very bad memory. :p

It is the first time in franchise history we are winless in the pre-season. Please don’t give me flash backs of the early nineties. (Unless we are talking about Tez). ;)
Tez was the reason I didn’t become a bandwagon fan. ;)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This really is no surprise surprise since we are in a rebuild. I was expecting 7-9 or 8-8. My expectations haven’t changed.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
There were several times the Colts were 1-3 or 0-4 in the preseason. Didn't stop them from winning 10-11 games each year.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Preseason record doesn't reveal your talent, it reveals your depth.

I've said all camp we're in trouble depth wise on defense, and that's what has shown in pre-season. When our #1's aren't on the field, there's BIG problems. Just really damn thin, especially on the D-line and defensive backfield.

It's GOING to be a problem this year, and why IMO this is a rebuilding year. I don't see how we're going to compete once couple starters on defense go out with injuries, which will happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":20oowrs9 said:
Shoot, our depth turned out to be bad even when we went 4-0 last preseason.

It was, which is why our defense looked great for about 6-7 games until guys started getting dinged up, hurt and less effective. Then it was a painful slow decline until the end of the season, culminating with the Rams destroying us at home.

I love our youth and potential on defense, but the depth is scary thin.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2ujj9p9z said:
Who’s run game looked better ? I didn’t watch the game .. work. Cable vs us who looked better ?
Scrubs vs scrubs but I'm sure you checked out the game stats.
Cable's run schemes sucks. As big and talented as Chris Warren is he averaged less than 2 ypc most of the game. Our rookie linebacker was smaller and had only one hand but still kept him in check.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The preseason is all about getting the starters and major contributors some work in a live game against opponents other than their own teammates and evaluating talent in order to make roster decisions. Although everyone likes to win vs. losing, it is not the primary objective of a preseason game. I am not at all concerned about going 0-4.

Having said that, there are some areas of concern that the preseason games exposed, two of which are the lack of turnovers by our defense and the regression of our former 1st round draft pick at RT. There have been times when problems exposed in the preseason don't get fixed and carry over into the regular season, like the lack of pocket protection.

But we'll see. I'm excited about this team, more so than I have been in the last several years simply due to all the new faces. It's going to be an interesting season.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Again. Teams with good backup QB play win preseason games

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Preseason today means little compared to past..
In the past there was 5 games and a different cutdown process..
Just my 2 cents.

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":18dfsc1n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1035506881874153474[/tweet]

Thats tecnically true, we have not played a regular season game this yera yet.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
If we went 4-0 none of the doesn’t matter crowd would be saying that , they would say look what rebuild . Super Bowl 13-3... this team is a dumpster fire . I’ve got my paper bag ready and my retire pete sign ready . Hope I’m wrong, I believe this season will be ugly.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Amusing that going 0-4 in preseason, so many people think the sky is falling.

Yes, it was a statement about our depth.
Our backup QBs got badly outplayed by our opponents' #2 and #3 QBs.
Our backup defense made the opponents 2nd and 3rd string QBs look like All-Pros.
San Diego's 3rd string QB? Obvious all-pro.
Connor Cook of the Raiders? Clear HOF candidate, based on how he torched our defense.

Oh yeah, the Raiders run game GASHED our D in the 4th quarter. Made Cable look like a run-game genius.
Maybe if Chucky-doll, er, Gruden sets some limits on Cable's use of techniques that don't work, Cable might not suck as bad.

Also, people talk about Duane Brown regressing under Cable, but the data suggests that Brown had an injury the 2nd or 3rd game with the Seahawks and couldn't play at the same high level while fighting through the injury. So the idea that Brown got worse might just be the injury and not anything to do with Cable's coaching. Not interested in defending Cable, glad Pete moved on, but also not interested in bashing Cable more than he deserves.

I still believe we win10+ games.