10 am games

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oia197r said:
UK_Seahawk":1oia197r said:
The Tampa Game versus the Rams was 4pm EST so it can be done.

It was 10:00am, but had a 75 minute weather delay.

The NFL will NEVER change it's time format unless it's a primetime or national game. They want their games evenly spaced out to maximize advertising dollars and have the same number of games in the morning as afternoon.

So why continue to complain? East coast teams stink coming west and west coast teams stink going east. Good teams overcome it.

The TB/LA game was a 1pm pst kickoff, Just like Seattle @ TB later in the year is. Not sure why but it is.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ffhlxt2 said:
UK_Seahawk":3ffhlxt2 said:
The Tampa Game versus the Rams was 4pm EST so it can be done.

It was 10:00am, but had a 75 minute weather delay.

The NFL will NEVER change it's time format unless it's a primetime or national game. They want their games evenly spaced out to maximize advertising dollars and have the same number of games in the morning as afternoon.

So why continue to complain? East coast teams stink coming west and west coast teams stink going east. Good teams overcome it.

Rams/Bucs was a 4:05 Eastern kickoff, it didn't end until the Sunday night game had started - Al Michaels mentioned during the broadcast that the game had just gone final.They said on NFL Network that Tampa Bay schedules late kickoffs for early season games to try and avoid thunder/lightning, which obviously failed this time.They also have a 4:05 kickoff this week at home vs. Denver.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
As some one who has gone back and forth, it is a lot easier to acclimate going to the west coast than it is going to the east coast. I play a lot of tennis and my body refuses .. well, it takes awhile to warm up in the morning.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":20rpgd0q said:
No, first game starts at 1pm Eastern.
2nd game @ 4:00
3rd game @ 7:00 or 8.

That's how it is now, so I'm confused.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mam43xp said:
Bobblehead":3mam43xp said:

Just saying , they could put the west coast team in the 4:00 pm EST time slot instead of the 1:00pm est time slot.

I don't care about the teams from the east coast playing at 1:00 est, that has no bearing, but West coast team playing in 1:00 est zones have a huge bearing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":22dhmdn3 said:
Sgt. Largent":22dhmdn3 said:
Bobblehead":22dhmdn3 said:

Just saying , they could put the west coast team in the 4:00 pm EST time slot instead of the 1:00pm est time slot.

I don't care about the teams from the east coast playing at 1:00 est, that has no bearing, but West coast team playing in 1:00 est zones have a huge bearing.

lol, how would east coast teams having to come out and play 10:00am west coast games have no bearing? That's even worse, six hour time difference from what they're used to.

AVL

Reaction score
Uh, it's a road game. Why shouldn't the home team's fans have a say about when the game is played over the fans not even there.

Thank the lord home team fans don't get to make the decision. Thinking we should have a say is laughable.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hbqujnz said:
Bobblehead":2hbqujnz said:
Sgt. Largent":2hbqujnz said:
Bobblehead":2hbqujnz said:

lol, how would east coast teams having to come out and play 10:00am west coast games have no bearing? That's even worse, six hour time difference from what they're used to.

One of the things that make posting in the NET difficult is he quality of posters and their posts.. they are all for the most part incredibly good, clear and concise. I on the other hand tend to muddle my thoughts on paper and am frequently unclear. I'm sure I've been pretty unclear about my responses as well and for that I apologize. That said maybe I just misunderstood, which happens frequently as well, but the way I see it, east coast teams coming to the west coast never play a 10 am game, their games will be shown after 4:00 pm East coast time, so there is no morning games for them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2uziiirs said:
One of the things that make posting in the NET difficult is he quality of posters and their posts.. they are all for the most part incredibly good, clear and concise. I on the other hand tend to muddle my thoughts on paper and am frequently unclear. I'm sure I've been pretty unclear about my responses as well and for that I apologize. That said maybe I just misunderstood, which happens frequently as well, but the way I see it, east coast teams coming to the west coast never play a 10 am game, their games will be shown after 4:00 pm East coast time, so there is no morning games for them.

I mess up too so no worries, and I'm trying to understand you.

And yes that's true east coast teams never come out here and play 10:00am games, cause that'd be 7:00am on the east coast.

Bottom line, you can't swap cause 10:00am west coast is 7:00am east coast. That's why the NFL does the only fair thing, 1:00pm east coast/10:00am west coast and 4:00pm east coast/1:00pm west coast.

We're talking what's fair, and as long as the travel schedule for both coast teams is relatively fair over time, that's what matters.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You guys are making this way too difficult.

West coast teams playing at noon EST like the Hawks this week feels like 10 a.m. to the Seattle players. Most of us begin our work day at 8, but football players usually don't. So you could deal with some sluggishness.

East coast teams coming to Seattle to play a game at 1 p.m. PST would feel like 4 p.m. Shouldn't be sluggish then. As far as I know, there aren't any home games starting earlier than 1 p.m. in Seattle.

Hence any discomforts due to time changes are only felt by West Coast teams.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2maxrcnb said:

West coast teams playing at noon EST like the Hawks this week feels like 10 a.m. to the Seattle players. Most of us begin our work day at 8, but football players usually don't. So you could deal with some sluggishness.

East coast teams coming to Seattle to play a game at 1 p.m. PST would feel like 4 p.m. Shouldn't be sluggish then. As far as I know, there aren't any home games starting earlier than 1 p.m. in Seattle.

Don't be going all Patriots on us, were doing the start of season Seahawk method, difficult, with a lot of WTF strung in.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1oquto9r said:
Siouxhawk":1oquto9r said:

Don't be going all Patriots on us, were doing the start of season Seahawk method, difficult, with a lot of WTF strung in.
DO YOUR JOB!

seahawksny

Reaction score
I believe here in NY the rules are different because they have two teams.
They never play simultaneously in order to get the ratings.
So if Giants play 4P, then Jets get 1P.
This week, the Giants play sunday night so its not so much of a factor. But 10 or so weeks a year this is a factor.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ndk0ptj said:

Then why do all the stats prove otherwise, it's pretty much dead even now since 2003, around a 50% win percentage going both ways.

https://www.sportsinsights.com/blog/is- ... ling-east/

Like I said, it's fair and it's why the NFL doesn't do anything about it.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1bocbe7c said:
Bobblehead":1bocbe7c said:
Siouxhawk":1bocbe7c said:

DO YOUR JOB!

Now thats an offensive line.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1yfmtsva said:

Not so sure about that.
East coast teams going west in the winter for example. 4PM its already getting dark, and I personally get sleepy when this starts. So if 1P, really feels like 4P, then they can be fatigued.
There isnt one solution to this. Every team has a disadvantage at some point.

IMHO, Frankly, they make millions, fly in their own jet which is probably better than first class. They should have no excuses

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2zf4duj2 said:
Siouxhawk":2zf4duj2 said:

Not so sure about that.
East coast teams going west in the winter for example. 4PM its already getting dark, and I personally get sleepy when this starts. So if 1P, really feels like 4P, then they can be fatigued.
There isnt one solution to this. Every team has a disadvantage at some point.

IMHO, Frankly, they make millions, fly in their own jet which is probably better than first class. They should have no excuses
I agree with you that it shouldn't mean squat. Adjust your practice schedule so that you're hitting in pads at the time you kick off.

But seriously, you're sleepy by 4 p.m. EST? Holy Moly. You gotta find some stronger coffee :twisted:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Fade":23dhtg28 said:
Television reasons is the excuse often given by the league. Which can easily be proven wrong.

The real reason is the bulk of the league resides in the Central & Eastern time zones, and they do not want to give their advantage up.
Agree 1000%. Commissioners Rooney and Mara do too.

Latest posts