10 am games

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seahawksny":10s5d0o8 said:
Siouxhawk":10s5d0o8 said:
You guys are making this way too difficult.

West coast teams playing at noon EST like the Hawks this week feels like 10 a.m. to the Seattle players. Most of us begin our work day at 8, but football players usually don't. So you could deal with some sluggishness.

East coast teams coming to Seattle to play a game at 1 p.m. PST would feel like 4 p.m. Shouldn't be sluggish then. As far as I know, there aren't any home games starting earlier than 1 p.m. in Seattle.

Hence any discomforts due to time changes are only felt by West Coast teams.

Not so sure about that.
East coast teams going west in the winter for example. 4PM its already getting dark, and I personally get sleepy when this starts. So if 1P, really feels like 4P, then they can be fatigued.
There isnt one solution to this. Every team has a disadvantage at some point.

IMHO, Frankly, they make millions, fly in their own jet which is probably better than first class. They should have no excuses

Thats the macho in us, but the reality, is different. You start work at 8:00 am? try going in at 5:00 and see how you operate. Your brain is just not caught up yet.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":21ajqift said:
seahawksny":21ajqift said:
Siouxhawk":21ajqift said:

West coast teams playing at noon EST like the Hawks this week feels like 10 a.m. to the Seattle players. Most of us begin our work day at 8, but football players usually don't. So you could deal with some sluggishness.

East coast teams coming to Seattle to play a game at 1 p.m. PST would feel like 4 p.m. Shouldn't be sluggish then. As far as I know, there aren't any home games starting earlier than 1 p.m. in Seattle.

Not so sure about that.
East coast teams going west in the winter for example. 4PM its already getting dark, and I personally get sleepy when this starts. So if 1P, really feels like 4P, then they can be fatigued.

IMHO, Frankly, they make millions, fly in their own jet which is probably better than first class. They should have no excuses
I agree with you that it shouldn't mean squat. Adjust your practice schedule so that you're hitting in pads at the time you kick off.

But seriously, you're sleepy by 4 p.m. EST? Holy Moly. You gotta find some stronger coffee :twisted:

Ha ha... no doubt on stronger coffee.

Regarding practice schedules.. remember 2012 when they won in Washington then had to go to Atlanta in the playoffs? Why oh why did they just not stay East Coast... instead they flew back to Seattle and then to Atlanta. It was too much for them

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Especially if it's one of those Sun.-Sat. Wild Card-Divisional playoff schedules that the league would have no problem sticking us with.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1p0d083x said:
seahawksny":1p0d083x said:
Siouxhawk":1p0d083x said:

Not so sure about that.

Thats the macho in us, but the reality, is different. You start work at 8:00 am? try going in at 5:00 and see how you operate. Your brain is just not caught up yet.

Exactly, plus its a built in disadvantage for half the league. HFA means hostile crowds, travel, hotels, possible weather, those are all HFA things every team has going against them when on the road. ONLY the west coast teams have the additional disadvantage of body clocks being forced to play at 10 am.

Tical21

Reaction score
Because the home team should get to play at their customary time slot. Why would we inconvenience them by making them play outside of their normal schedule? That would be akin to us moving our home games to 10am so the road team could play at their normal time.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Tical21":180jegq5 said:
Because the home team should get to play at their customary time slot. Why would we inconvenience them by making them play outside of their normal schedule? That would be akin to us moving our home games to 10am so the road team could play at their normal time.

Why is the 1pm est the standard and not the 4pm est? Plenty of east coast games are the 4pm est, so it's really not that big of a deal for them.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Tical21":15dz1s95 said:

If I start work at 11 am instead of 8 am.. no problem
If I start work at 5 am instead of 8 am.. big problem.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Besides, in the end, the NFL is in the entertainment business. They are there to entertain us, we spend millions upon millions of dollars to be entertained. If it wasn't for us, there would be no NFL. That said, I don't want to be entertained my my home team at 10 am, in my pajamas drinking OJ, coffee and eating dry toast. I wan't to watch my team at a normal time, with my friends drinking beer, eating football food and most of all, when I'm bloody awake.

So essentially, the NFL is really saying F you, it's our way, you don't like it.. F off.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bobblehead":31ioh1bi said:
Besides, in the end, the NFL is in the entertainment business. They are there to entertain us, we spend millions upon millions of dollars to be entertained. If it wasn't for us, there would be no NFL. That said, I don't want to be entertained my my home team at 10 am, in my pajamas drinking OJ, coffee and eating dry toast. I wan't to watch my team at a normal time, with my friends drinking beer, eating football food and most of all, when I'm bloody awake.

So essentially, the east coast biased NFL is really saying F you, it's our way, you don't like it.. F off.
FIFY

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":bgl5162w said:
That said, I don't want to be entertained my my home team at 10 am, in my pajamas drinking OJ, coffee and eating dry toast.

Ur doing it wrong.

169642 18546 1460500322

In fact, I love early games with friends at a bar or house party. Bloody Mary's, Mimosas and awesome brunch/breakfast food................and I can get some stuff done cause game's over by 1.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2s6jhwbl said:
Bobblehead":2s6jhwbl said:
That said, I don't want to be entertained my my home team at 10 am, in my pajamas drinking OJ, coffee and eating dry toast.

Ur doing it wrong.

169642 18546 1460500322

In fact, I love early games with friends at a bar or house party. Bloody Mary's, Mimosas and awesome brunch/breakfast food................and I can get some stuff done cause game's over by 1.

Yeah, looks good.
Woldn't mind that with some eggs benidict.. bacon, hashbrowns.

OK, the real reason, is, my matches start at 9:30 am

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't know if the disadvantage is real or not, but it certainly seems like it is. I think it's more than just the 10am game start, it's also the long travel time and losing the 3 hours that play a factor.

The only time I have a real problem with it is in the playoffs, like last year I think it certainly was a disadvantage to have two 10am starts with all the travel. But if they win their division that wouldn't have to worry about it, at least not for the 1st round.

253hawk

Reaction score
The playoffs were really stupid. Let's have a west coast team play at 10 AM in sub-zero weather while the Packers play the Redskins in D.C. at 4:40 PM on the same day.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
253hawk":2495al2r said:
The playoffs were really stupid. Let's have a west coast team play at 10 AM in sub-zero weather while the Packers play the Redskins in D.C. at 4:40 PM on the same day.

Because the NFL.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
253hawk":qu6rd3h7 said:

You know what solves that problem? Not blowing games to the Rams, Bengals and Panthers.

Win the division and get a Top 2 seed and this isn't an issue.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":6nx86z9u said:
253hawk":6nx86z9u said:

You know what solves that problem? Not blowing games to the Rams, Bengals and Panthers.

It should never be an issue. Why do the Seahawks/Rams/Niners/Chargers/Raiders have to worry about being assigned to 1 of the 4 playoff slots when the other 27 teams in the NFL will never have that same issue to deal with. Not only do these teams have to deal with a road game (as they should for not earning a home game) but in addition being placed into the Sunday early game slot provides a 2nd disadvantage. Of course, the Seahawks then had to do this back to back last year as well.

I am too lazy to look it back up, but someone did a fairly scientific breakdown on why it's harder to travel east than west for your body's circadian Rhythm.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3g63wxm2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3g63wxm2 said:
Bobblehead":3g63wxm2 said:

Ur doing it wrong.

Yeah, looks good.
Woldn't mind that with some eggs benidict.. bacon, hashbrowns.

OK, the real reason, is, my matches start at 9:30 am

Might wanna try strike anywhere matches then? :smilingalien:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3nu5mvq3 said:
253hawk":3nu5mvq3 said:

Because the NFL has decided east coast teams should have every possible competitive advantage.
FIFY

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":18qnve1i said:
Hasselbeck":18qnve1i said:
253hawk":18qnve1i said:

It should never be an issue. Why do the Seahawks/Rams/Niners/Chargers/Raiders have to worry about being assigned to 1 of the 4 playoff slots when the other 27 teams in the NFL will never have that same issue to deal with. Not only do these teams have to deal with a road game (as they should for not earning a home game) but in addition being placed into the Sunday early game slot provides a 2nd disadvantage. Of course, the Seahawks then had to do this back to back last year as well.

I am too lazy to look it back up, but someone did a fairly scientific breakdown on why it's harder to travel east than west for your body's circadian Rhythm.

I'm not sure it has to be scientific, try waking up 3 hours earlier one day, and 3 hours later the next day.

See which one you operate better with.

Latest posts