12th Man Flag Raisers: It's time....

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1ont94zl said:
I will continue to bang this drum until it happens ... it's way long past time that this team honored Pete Gross. I think that the Seahawks should reach out to either his wife (if she's still alive) or one of his 3 daughters and have them raise the flag as a tribute to Gross. I mean come on, both Steve Raible and Warren Moon have raised it. It's not like we're talking about Lee Hacksaw Hamilton here. The Seahawks really need to find a way to honor the first voice of the Seahawks somehow and personally, I can't think of a better way.
Pete Gross was the first member of the Ring of Honor in '92, so they have honored him.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2a608lvb said:
Hawkscanner":2a608lvb said:
I will continue to bang this drum until it happens ... it's way long past time that this team honored Pete Gross. I think that the Seahawks should reach out to either his wife (if she's still alive) or one of his 3 daughters and have them raise the flag as a tribute to Gross. I mean come on, both Steve Raible and Warren Moon have raised it. It's not like we're talking about Lee Hacksaw Hamilton here. The Seahawks really need to find a way to honor the first voice of the Seahawks somehow and personally, I can't think of a better way.
Pete Gross was the first member of the Ring of Honor in '92, so they have honored him.

Huh. I've kept pretty close tabs on the Seahawks Ring of Honor. How in the world did I miss/not remember that? I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

Still, no one from Pete Gross's camp has raised the 12th Man Flag. That would be my vote -- get either his widow or one of his daughters to raise it. That would be way cool.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1e28q9zp said:
No more Sounders. This is football.
Why not? We've had LOTS of non-football people raise the flag in the past, from war heroes to Olympic champions. Most have been pretty awesome and inspiring.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Drew Carey again....really whipped the crowd into a frenzy.

taco40

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Tyrone Willingham :sarcasm_off:
One of the reasons, a dozen years ago, I couldn't warm up to UW.

:les:

taco40

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3gbpr7fo said:
SeatownJay":3gbpr7fo said:
Hawkscanner":3gbpr7fo said:

Huh. I've kept pretty close tabs on the Seahawks Ring of Honor. How in the world did I miss/not remember that? I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

Still, no one from Pete Gross's camp has raised the 12th Man Flag. That would be my vote -- get either his widow or one of his daughters to raise it. That would be way cool.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
taco40":2nt7mzh8 said:
:sarcasm_on: Tyrone Willingham :sarcasm_off:
One of the reasons, a dozen years ago, I couldn't warm up to UW.

:les:

As a Coug fan, Im in!!! lol

I know its probably not feasable, but would love to have Golden Tate in town to raise it vs Green Bay!

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1pjeai0v said:
SeatownJay":1pjeai0v said:
Hawkscanner":1pjeai0v said:

I 'm really getting to like Raible,...but Pete Gross was the absolute best Hawk announcer ever

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Pete Gross is why I became the diehard Seahawks fan that I am...Any 12th Man Flag they do that involves him or his family is fine with me. Why on earth do I keep seeing Brian Bosworth's name come up? He scammed the Hawks for a few million then was a bust.

biju

Reaction score
It's going to be difficult to see anyone other than Walter Jones doing it. As a lifer Seahawk who also just got placed in the Hall of Fame it would be a shock to me if he didn't raise that flag when we dropped the SB banner.