1st and goal one the 1

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":yjos2w7q said:
Uhh, ok you are gonna keep pushing this instead of taking your lumps and doing a little research.

Just stop! You have no evidence that this is his worst year except from randomly watching games. Guessing you have only seen mostly bad. Get your shit together bro. Not really a good time to be a RW basher because he is balling out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,prove me wrong.

The dude just went full troll. Save your keystrokes.

OP
OP
O

onepicknick1

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":82ath6gv said:
onepicknick1":82ath6gv said:
SoulfishHawk":82ath6gv said:
I thought of making up a batch of popcorn, but I'm still in shock and can't get up from my seat after reading that post. Look, I hated the call, you gotta' run there. BUT, they still scored a TD. Get over it.
Not sure what game you watched 4th Q, 1st and goal at the 1 ended up 4th and goal on the 23. Just saying why not run the ball? game was already in hand nothing wrong with trying to run it.

Uhh, ok you are gonna keep pushing this instead of taking your lumps and doing a little research.

Just stop! You have no evidence that this is his worst year except from randomly watching games. Guessing you have only seen mostly bad. Get your shit together bro. Not really a good time to be a RW basher because he is balling out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,prove me wrong.

Ok what was his worst year it couldn't of been the last two seasons where he carried the O all season long and ran for his life he should of been MVP. So out of all the years we've seen him play from 2012 to now you tell me which year is his worst out of all of them sorry not a basher. I beginning to think maybe some people only read one line in a post instead of the entire thing.

Not looking to get into a spat with anybody just looking at it in a different perspective SAYING if this is his worst year then he better then 90% of the QBs in there best years.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is on pace for the most TDs of his career, most yards per attempt, highest TD percentage, lowest INT percentage, highest AY/A, highest ANY/A, highest QB rating, tied for fewest INTs, and 2nd highest completion percentage.

The only stats that are not the best (or 2nd best, when it comes to completion percentage) of his career are total passing yards and his rushing stats. Even if you are basing your conclusion solely on total passing yards, he is on pace for more this year than in 2012, 2013, or 2014.

The worst statistical season of his career was 2016 because he was playing through injury. But when you take into consideration the injuries he was playing through, his performance that season was pretty remarkable.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I see what the OP is trying to say. But the perception thos is his worst year is more eye test than statistical, as pointed out above.

Wilsons taken some bad sacks. Hes not running for as many yards. Hes not throwing as often.

But his actual success rate (TDs, yards) are on par with his best seasons. So, whether veiled or poorly worded, there was a compliment in there

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ftomxzvp said:
Dude, I know they didn't score the td, forgot the sarcasm dude........
I was at the game skippy.

The post he responded to says they scored the TD after the sack.

You edited that out.

Seymour

Reaction score
onepicknick1":wi4e53h3 said:
Wait a minute did anybody even read the post? Are we way ahead of ourselves here. I would have to say out of all the seasons since 2012 this is by far the worst season for him getting sacked by keeping the ball to long and I haven't seen him miss as much as he has this year. If this is his worst I would definitely take it because he still looks Damn good I personally think he is the best QB the Hawks ever had. No I'm not a Wilson Hater Sorry to disappoint

When you look at his numbers, they say the exact opposite. So it would appear you place FAR too much weight on sacks alone and a few misses.

Consider this. Wilson has been instructed (emphasized by Pete and Schotty), to stay in the pocket and not bail so much this season. That is what he is trying to do. He waits a tick longer, then tries to escape, and he has gotten trapped more this year on bad deep sacks...yes I would agree. But...he has also been working the pocket better and making some throws and stepping up or finding a lane to work instead of bailing and running. That is making plays and helping to put up incredible numbers, so you need to accept the bad with the good in this case.

That is IMO what you are seeing more than "his worst year ever". The numbers actually say you are trolling, and that is what has people jumping on this.

Seymour

Reaction score
onepicknick1":3dgmyqwa said:
.... I would have to say out of all the seasons since 2012 this is by far the worst season for him getting sacked by keeping the ball to long and I haven't seen him miss as much as he has this year. If this is his worst I would definitely take it because he still looks Damn good I personally think he is the best QB the Hawks ever had. No I'm not a Wilson Hater Sorry to disappoint

I think we should cut him slack guys. This is what he was attempting to convey, that Russell is missing more open throws and having more negative plays...ie sacks.

He is right on sacks, and could be on open receiver misses?? (but not overall completion % though it is 2% over career average).

Sacks this season are at 3.08 per game.
Worst year prior is at 2.81 per game (2015)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I did, was just trying to be a smart ass. I know they kicked a FG on that drive. It's a good point though, 1st and goal on the 1 yard line, run the damn ball.