1st half analysis Denver game

TAB420

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2jxgo3aa said:
TAB420":2jxgo3aa said:
lvnginhwktwn":2jxgo3aa said:
I think the Unger for Graham trade was a mistake for you guys.

That's why you don't get paid to think. At least not here. It's to early to make any comparison, unless you're just trolling.

Too early. And no, not trolling, just making an observation. Try not to be too sensitive.

Then try backing up your statement with reasoning on why you feel that way, instead of posting a negative remark aimed at getting under the skin of those on this board.

LTH

Reaction score
So yeah The O line is crap... well see how good they get in the next couple of games ... I really thought they were gonna get off to a slow start and then just turn on in the middle of the season... But thats good it will just give us better odds for their SB victory... Im definately not worried...

LTH

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
TAB420":2t9i29al said:
lvnginhwktwn":2t9i29al said:
TAB420":2t9i29al said:
lvnginhwktwn":2t9i29al said:

That's why you don't get paid to think. At least not here. It's to early to make any comparison, unless you're just trolling.

Too early. And no, not trolling, just making an observation. Try not to be too sensitive.

Then try backing up your statement with reasoning on why you feel that way, instead of posting a negative remark aimed at getting under the skin of those on this board.

Some else said the same thing I was thinking in a another thread, there is no continuity in your O-line, I think that loosing Unger contributes to that. Getting Graham gets RW someone to bail him out when he running for his life because the O-line collapsed instead of fixing the O-line.

I'm not trying to get under your skin but clearly I have. Like I said try not to be so sensitive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":25033dbs said:
TAB420":25033dbs said:
TAB420":25033dbs said:
lvnginhwktwn":25033dbs said:

Some else said the same thing I was thinking in a another thread, there is no continuity in your O-line, I think that loosing Unger contributes to that. Getting Graham gets RW someone to bail him out when he running for his life because the O-line collapsed instead of fixing the O-line.

I'm not trying to get under your skin but clearly I have. Like I said try not to be so sensitive.
:snack:

chris98251

Reaction score
The one thing about Center is being able to make the correct line calls as well as recognize things, Why Under was so good, why Tobeck was so good, why Yarno was so good. Make the wrong call or miss something and everyone looks like crap. JP limitations I think are just that making calls, Lewis I think did a good job last year and I think they know what they have in him and why he isn't being spoke about much.

Holmgren always said the Center has to be a really smart guy, Chris Gray was our back up center as well, many times we would plug a guy like Chris Spencer in and Gray would still be making the calls from his Guard position because he was smart and recognized things.

That and the rotation of bodies is what I think made us look worse then what we are last night.

TAB420

Reaction score

I'm not trying to get under your skin but clearly I have. Like I said try not to be so sensitive.[/quote]

Some else? You didn't get under my skin. Your statement was a dig, at least that's the way it came off.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
There hasn't been continuity in our O-line for the past 3 years, we always had at least two starters injured, and last year it was brutal when we had probably 5 different starting lineups.

The center is important and he make sure the calls are called correctly, but does it matter if one or two of our guys get beat easily. He can make all the right protection calls all he want, but if a defender out muscles him then it wouldn't matter right?

I think once they find the right combination of starters I think we will be ok.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Both Sweezy and Britt had bad games. Britt in particular looked like a rookie getting schooled.

Band aid fix
Will the big FB makes the team. He is a better blocker than Coleman. We will need it

Pick as your #3 TE the best blocker or keep two and an extra Guard to act as the extra TE

What's scary is that right side against the Rams DL. If they don't improve quick I hope RW kept that insurance policy for injury.

AgentDib

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":11ej9mgn said:
Our defensive line looks pretty average, so that looks to be a step back but maybe the utter lack of functional secondary is the issue.
I didn't see this at all. To me our front seven and depth looks as good as it has ever been, including 2013 and 1992.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":38m3gfr1 said:
He can't help us in the physical therapy room. Maybe the warmer Nawlins weather will help him stay healthy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
cover-2":1ajwpre5 said:
I was really impressed with Garry Gilliam playing LT. I haven't heard Cable talk about Gilliam at all in interviews, but he looked like our best o-lineman out there tonight.
I've heard that more than once. Will have to go back and look closer. Pretty sure I saw his pass blocking show up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Laloosh":1m8rrcl6 said:
Denver's o-line has 4 new starters don't they? I think getting the ball out a little more quickly might help.
Too bad Bevell has no concept of how to implement an effective short-passing game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LTH":2s3kfhx8 said:
So yeah The O line is crap... well see how good they get in the next couple of games ... I really thought they were gonna get off to a slow start and then just turn on in the middle of the season... But thats good it will just give us better odds for their SB victory... Im definately not worried...

LTH
Meh, I'm not expecting the world, but there are plenty of teaching points after linining the up against the Donko front seven... With Cable we can reasonably expect some semblance of run blocking before it's all said and done ... and it's only preseason game 1, so there IS that.

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":197amtc8 said:

That's nothing more than wishful thinking on your part and you know it.

We will miss Unger, but the line will come together without him. He missed 13 games in two seasons. He's approaching 30. He hasn't played a full 16 game season in five years. He had problems getting the ball to Russ in shotgun formations.

Do better next time. Seriously man, that flyby comment with no context was pathetic.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LTH":2y4tm9u0 said:

LTH
I'm fine with being the NYG in a Superbowl run. More money for me then.

Look Lockett and Clark are the real deal and the OL is crap. It's exactly as I expected and it will matter not one iota when it's actually win or go home time.

Or was that a mirage the last two years with our awesome OL? It's where we save money so deal with it and relax. We have Wilson and Lynch who neither need a standard OL good at pass pro to perform at elite levels.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
TAB420":2wzyph7y said:

Some else? You didn't get under my skin. Your statement was a dig, at least that's the way it came off.[/quote]

Are you too inept to figure out I meant someone? My comment wasn't a dig, you can take it anyway you please but you seem to be the only one with an issue with it. And just so we're clear, my first sentence in this post, that was a dig.

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":39qks2ud said:

Do you think, uh, that continuity was lost in the 10 games he missed last season?

Very weak.

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn - I'd be worried about the fact that the best player on the field for your team tonight was a 27 year old former Rugby player.

peppersjap

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1srjjmfe said:
LTH":1srjjmfe said:

LTH
I'm fine with being the NYG in a Superbowl run. More money for me then.

Look Lockett and Clark are the real deal and the OL is crap. It's exactly as I expected and it will matter not one iota when it's actually win or go home time.

Or was that a mirage the last two years with our awesome OL? It's where we save money so deal with it and relax. We have Wilson and Lynch who neither need a standard OL good at pass pro to perform at elite levels.
The OL played there 1st game and looked bad but it was there 1st game. It actually looked a lot like it has the last few years yet somehow Tom Cable makes it work. I think this line has the most potential any of ours have in the past few years! I came away from the very ugly game nothing but excited!