1st Round, Pick #31, Germain ifedi, Tackle, Texas A&M

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Own The West":3rkw8n5g said:
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

I'll take Ifedi and a 3rd though. That's good enough for me.

I was thinking the same. Shame it couldn't happen.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":tnbv7g8y said:
Own The West":tnbv7g8y said:
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

Arizona is the division champion, they got a better player than us that is going to compete against the player we drafted and kill him, we got worse today relatively, we didn't have to do that. This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.

If Nkemdiche is a sure thing, why did he go 30th?

kf3339

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2y0sh6y4 said:
So people been bitching about the Seahawks not addressing the oline for years and now people are bitching about them using their first round pick on an offensive tackle?

Rock on guys.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Pretty humorous to me as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Basis4day":10u6hnof said:
TheRealDTM":10u6hnof said:
Own The West":10u6hnof said:

Arizona is the division champion, they got a better player than us that is going to compete against the player we drafted and kill him, we got worse today relatively, we didn't have to do that. This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.

Character concerns, our front office doesn't think we have enough leadership to keep this guy on the straight and narrow, and they are right we don't, look at what harvin did to us.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":cc5fm90c said:
Own The West":cc5fm90c said:

uh yeah, "sure thing"? Where have I heard that before? Ever heard of Aaaron Curry? he was the "sure thing" and look how that worked out.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3pc2nvgv said:
Own The West":3pc2nvgv said:

What is this "sure thing", of which you speak?

This is the NFL. There is no such thing as a sure thing. :roll:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":9aeqci8q said:
Nkemdiche is better than Ifedi, we got worse today relatively.
:roll:

Never fails after a draft pick

kf3339

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3bpqpmk4 said:
Own The West":3bpqpmk4 said:

As others mentioned, Aaron Curry was supposed to be a "Sure Thing". How did that work out?

Hint. There are no sure things.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
You all know Nkemdiche is a far more talented player than Ifedi.

kf3339":3mfmkrbu said:
Aaron Curry was supposed to be a "Sure Thing". How did that work out?

Hint. There are no sure things.

He was supposed to be the safe pick, not the most talented. Nkemdiche's talent is real and undeniable, ifedi's tape is garbage.

JPatera76

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":12lk0hp7 said:
Own The West":12lk0hp7 said:

I really hope your trolling between this and your post in the Nfl section already deeming him an all pro when he hasn't stepped foot on the field. Tell me how did we get worse? Or are you just salty someone YOU wanted didnt end up in seattle?...

We needed OL help... If you forgot we dont have okung or sweezy. Your discrediting a kid who hasn't even stepped foot on the field yet. And yet giving ont he honors of All pro.. Lol

Ps.. One plays defense and one plays offense.. Im sure one is better than the other playing DEFENSE where they play and, one is better THAN the other playing offense where they play. SO yeah. How about seeing them do thier thing before discrediting someone who just became a Seahawks.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2brxxsas said:

Yeah this is borderline nonsense. If we address our needs better than Arizona does then we actually get better as there are diminishing returns at every position in the NFL. So it definitely isn't just the relative talent of the player (even though your supposition that Arizona's DT is a sure thing is something that many disagree with). So your thesis is wrong to begin with and your evidence to back it up is weak.

So if we get better at offensive line than Arizona did at DT and OL is worth about the same as DL then we actually win that. Obviously, this whole line of logic is slightly ridiculous but just had to point out that you should come back with something a bit better.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1rxqkfbb said:
Basis4day":1rxqkfbb said:
TheRealDTM":1rxqkfbb said:
Own The West":1rxqkfbb said:

Character concerns, our front office doesn't think we have enough leadership to keep this guy on the straight and narrow, and they are right we don't, look at what harvin did to us.
I think we know whose mom this is...

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2o5kzo4m said:
You all know Nkemdiche is a far more talented player than Ifedi.

And thats a fair take. But that's different than "sure thing".

Aldon Smith had all the talend in the world...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
TheRealDTM":1ks9vpmd said:
Basis4day":1ks9vpmd said:
TheRealDTM":1ks9vpmd said:
Own The West":1ks9vpmd said:

Good thing Arizona is known for their strong leadership, locker room, and coaching. Maybe the red gummy bear can do something with him if there's really an issue, but consider me a bit...

J3z4bUO.gif

SaskHawk

Reaction score
I trust management, don't know why some would get so butt hurt for picking an athletic player who addresses a position of great need. There is reasons why we traded back, we most likely got the guy they had their eye on, even if we held our original spot, plus picked up a 3rd in what is said to be a very deep draft. Can never go wrong with more bullets in the chamber imo.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
volsunghawk":265pvjs1 said:
Laloosh":265pvjs1 said:
Basis4day":265pvjs1 said:
[vine]iPrHV2BpOn2[/vine]
the little white guy made me pee a little.

Hey, the last time we had a pick get a meme-worthy phone call, it worked out pretty damn well for us. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that little white guy is going to be an excellent OL... :sarcasm_off:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":122cbrby said:
[vine]iPrHV2BpOn2[/vine]

Looks like he and Pete dress the same. Wonder if he rocks blue dockers and white nikes also.

Latest posts