1st Round, Pick #31, Germain ifedi, Tackle, Texas A&M

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":382860d6 said:
We needed him but I can't get excited at all for this, passed up myles jack and gave arizona Nkemdiche we are going to regret this for a decade.

Every team passed on Jack. Some twice.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":6d9gy32y said:
I like the sound of this!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/725893853228593152[/tweet]

Cool. He can play G and T? At the same time? That really must be some wingspan!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Basis4day":3amx8ste said:
TheRealDTM":3amx8ste said:
We needed him but I can't get excited at all for this, passed up myles jack and gave arizona Nkemdiche we are going to regret this for a decade.

There must be something wrong with Jack that the public doesn't know, but the Nkemdiche thing is inexcusable, the highlights they showed of Ifedi were terrible, Nkemdiche is a stud if they thought they couldn't handle his off the field issues than we have serious leadership problems.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1rux61k9 said:
Basis4day":1rux61k9 said:
TheRealDTM":1rux61k9 said:

There must be something wrong with Jack that the public doesn't know, but the Nkemdiche thing is inexcusable, the highlights they showed of Ifedi were terrible, Nkemdiche is a stud if they thought they couldn't handle his off the field issues than we have serious leadership problems.

Well today they were saying Jack may need microfracture surgery and teams fear he may not see a second contract.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Still pissed off we traded our pick and got burned by the 49es who then drafted Joshua Garnett who I really wanted the Hawks to draft. Really not impressed by our draft pick. He looks slow and I can see him get beat a lot at the pro level. Its already bad our OL holds a lot and from watching his tapes he looks like a "grabby" kind of blocker.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Basis4day":3tpoao0w said:
TheRealDTM":3tpoao0w said:
Basis4day":3tpoao0w said:
TheRealDTM":3tpoao0w said:

Well today they were saying Jack may need microfracture surgery and teams fear he may not see a second contract.

That would do it. Plus, there's only so many "project long-shot chances" a team can take, no matter how great their front office and locker room leadership is.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Trust in Cable. The future of this league is finding athletic tackles that can handle the Von Millers and Khalil Macks of the NFL. The FO wouldn't have drafted this guy if they didn't think he could be coached up. Hell every player picked today needs coaching to a certain extent.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Wow. Rob Staton just won the interwebz. He called the trade down and Ifedi like a month ago.

Why are some complaining? Maybe because OL is a deep position this year and there would have been a lot of quality left to choose from with our 2nd and 3rds. I was hoping for Bullard to help on the DL. He won't last to our second and DL really drops off after him, IMO.

Still, it's hard to complain when you get an athlete like Ifedi at your position of greatest need. Hopefully he can learn some technique.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/725897084251992064[/tweet]

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
One thing I have seen from his youtube highlights is he works very well with a mobile QB. He seems to know when to move when his QB leaves the pocket.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
this was a great move. ifedi is a solid pick AND we raked Denver over the coals and got a 3rd round pick in a super deep draft. this was well done.

Own The West

Reaction score
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

I'll take Ifedi and a 3rd though. That's good enough for me.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Own The West":1p18ip0n said:
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

I'll take Ifedi and a 3rd though. That's good enough for me.

Arizona is the division champion, they got a better player than us that is going to compete against the player we drafted and kill him, we got worse today relatively, we didn't have to do that. This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.