1st Round, Pick #31, Germain ifedi, Tackle, Texas A&M

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
JPatera76":3swbat7a said:
Ps.. One plays defense and one plays offense.. Im sure one is better than the other playing DEFENSE where they play and, one is better THAN the other playing offense where they play. SO yeah. How about seeing them do thier thing before discrediting someone who just became a Seahawks.

Right one plays defense, one plays offense, they are going to compete against eachother twice a year, if (and there is no if about it) Nkemdiche is better than ifedi we just got worse relative to the cardinals.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I just wish we would load up on defense. It seems very obvious to me that defense is how you win championships.... I don't know if this helps in that regard.

kearly

Reaction score
Today went about about as well as I could have hoped.

The Seahawks avoided making a "WHO?!!" pick in the first round, which is always a plus. And they picked up a 3rd rounder in the process. Ifedi was among my top five favorite options, I've liked him ever since I saw him looking like the most impressive player in the combine drills. I like the pick.

I also liked that Arizona lit their pick on fire by selecting Nkemdiche. And it was fun watching the 49ers trade back up into the first round (costing them a 4th and a 6th) to reach hard for a guard that makes John Moffitt look athletic in comparison. And while I think Buckner and Goff are solid players, I don't think they are quite as good as their draft position would suggest.

Seattle avoided landmines today. I don't think Arizona and SF can say the same. The Seahawks also gained a pretty nice draft pick, while the 49ers lost some.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If ndekemdefeuef is so good, then why'd he drop to 30? Oh ya that's right because he's all kinds of crazy, an off the field nightmare and his tape doesn't match up with his so called talent level...yup sure seems like a "sure thing" to me.

I just love it when a player with so much talent disappears for entire games, doesn't play hard and doesn't play up to his supposed talent level. Have fun with that panther owner, Arizona

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":an6ugxrj said:
volsunghawk":an6ugxrj said:
Laloosh":an6ugxrj said:
Basis4day":an6ugxrj said:
[vine]iPrHV2BpOn2[/vine]
the little white guy made me pee a little.

Hey, the last time we had a pick get a meme-worthy phone call, it worked out pretty damn well for us. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that little white guy is going to be an excellent OL... :sarcasm_off:

That little white guy is probably 6'2' and 225#

kf3339

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1t6kecyu said:
You all know Nkemdiche is a far more talented player than Ifedi.

kf3339":1t6kecyu said:
Aaron Curry was supposed to be a "Sure Thing". How did that work out?

Hint. There are no sure things.

He was supposed to be the safe pick, not the most talented. Nkemdiche's talent is real and undeniable, ifedi's tape is garbage.

Nonsense. Your trying to change the tone of the Curry pick and it won't work with me. I remember that day very well and the entire damn NFL sportswriter world was ecstatic on how great Curry would would be at that time. Trying to claim Safe is different than Sure Thing in that context is just weak.

mikeak

Reaction score
One thing to note. The LAST pick in the third round is kind of like a fourth round pick...

So let's not generalize and just say third round is great value. It is basically an early fourth round

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Sure thing? These words make me laugh.

Big dude who is super athletic, & played OL in college? I'm happy plus I think he's got all the tools to compete for LT position in this league.

JPatera76

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2mh0v6xp said:
JPatera76":2mh0v6xp said:
Ps.. One plays defense and one plays offense.. Im sure one is better than the other playing DEFENSE where they play and, one is better THAN the other playing offense where they play. SO yeah. How about seeing them do thier thing before discrediting someone who just became a Seahawks.

Right one plays defense, one plays offense, they are going to compete against eachother twice a year, if (and there is no if about it) Nkemdiche is better than ifedi we just got worse relative to the cardinals.
Ahh cherry picking. Lol keep going on. Because your arguements are still weak. As many others have pointed out, this is a position of need for us and it helps. It makes us better than we are right now WITHOUT sweezy and without Okung.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Sorry TheRealDTM the office wanted Germain more than Nkemdiche.....weren't you wrong about Wilson...like....alot?

Pick6

Reaction score
I rather have Butler or Nkemdiche who I think are going to be better players but this does address a need.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":68jvo9im said:
One thing to note. The LAST pick in the third round is kind of like a fourth round pick...

So let's not generalize and just say third round is great value. It is basically an early fourth round

But it's in front of the comp picks.

mikeak

Reaction score
And in regards to Nkemdiche. A guy that has been arrested, has concerns around his brother and wants to buy a PANTHER to walk around his house is NOT a sure thing. Especially not when you add concerns about motivation and consider that you will fill up his bank account

delagator7

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1cn1j9yi said:
Nkemdiche is better than Ifedi, we got worse today relatively.

One of those few games Nkemdiche underperformed was against Florida, the other Texas A&M

Bryce84

Reaction score
mikeak":3ocepao1 said:

The irony is people often refer to an early 4th round pick as "basically a 3rd". It is what it is, a 3rd round pick. Getting anything (especially a 3rd) for moving back 5 spots while taking the guy that, by all indications, they likely coveted at #26 is good value.

mikeak

Reaction score
Basis4day":2z9mo08x said:
mikeak":2z9mo08x said:

But it's in front of the comp picks.

True and fair point. But it is not equal to a Rams third round pick...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1xthpxb0 said:
Sorry TheRealDTM the office wanted Germain more than Nkemdiche.....weren't you wrong about Wilson...like....alot?
But wilson is too short to be good, haven't you heard?