1st Round, Pick #31, Germain ifedi, Tackle, Texas A&M

AgentDib

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":bou4me1r said:
This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.
Who is this hyperbole supposed to convince? Nkemdiche at #31 is not remotely a sure thing and our 3rd round pick is nowhere close to 1/100 odds.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bryce84":1rfd4g64 said:
mikeak":1rfd4g64 said:
One thing to note. The LAST pick in the third round is kind of like a fourth round pick...

So let's not generalize and just say third round is great value. It is basically an early fourth round

The irony is people often refer to an early 4th round pick as "basically a 3rd". It is what it is, a 3rd round pick. Getting anything (especially a 3rd) for moving back 5 spots while taking the guy that, by all indications, they would have taken at #26 is good value.

If that is who they would pick yes agree 100%.

If not then was it worth it???

I am not criticizing. I am just critically looking at it and asking questions

TAB420

Reaction score
Own The West":3rsv39gz said:
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

I'll take Ifedi and a 3rd though. That's good enough for me.

They would still find something to bitch about.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nobody as added a important aspect, Lewis was a Mentor to this kid at A & M, Lewis is the leader of the line group now and knows what is expected, he will be all over this kid who is suppose to be smart as well. I think Ifedi gets up to speed quickly.

Oh and who slipped John Claytons son into that room.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":2d0s47yp said:
Basis4day":2d0s47yp said:
mikeak":2d0s47yp said:
One thing to note. The LAST pick in the third round is kind of like a fourth round pick...

So let's not generalize and just say third round is great value. It is basically an early fourth round

But it's in front of the comp picks.

True and fair point. But it is not equal to a Rams third round pick...

No doubt.

But now we have 4 picks remaining in the first 100 picks.

Crizilla

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1xfrbmfq said:
Own The West":1xfrbmfq said:
Perhaps we could have traded the 26th pick for 27th through 30th and then everyone on this board could be happy for once.

Arizona is the division champion, they got a better player than us that is going to compete against the player we drafted and kill him, we got worse today relatively, we didn't have to do that. This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.

you realize ARZ is a year or two from not having a QB right? And who knows if Palmer stays healthy for another 16+

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Looks to me Ifedi is the perfect Seahawks offensive lineman (Tom Cable lineman).

1. Can't really tell if he's a tackle or a guard. A "tweener."
2. More than likely will end up playing both positions.
3. Plays similar to James Carpenter. Also about the same size.

Congratulations 12s and Seahawks.net: With the 31st pick in 2016 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select James Carpenter 2.0!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":duqhgbbq said:
Today went about about as well as I could have hoped.

The Seahawks avoided making a "WHO?!!" pick in the first round, which is always a plus. And they picked up a 3rd rounder in the process. Ifedi was among my top five favorite options, I've liked him ever since I saw him looking like the most impressive player in the combine drills. I like the pick.

I also liked that Arizona lit their pick on fire by selecting Nkemdiche. And it was fun watching the 49ers trade back up into the first round (costing them a 4th and a 6th) to reach hard for a guard that makes John Moffitt look athletic in comparison. And while I think Buckner and Goff are solid players, I don't think they are quite as good as their draft position would suggest.

Seattle avoided landmines today. I don't think Arizona and SF can say the same. The Seahawks also gained a pretty nice draft pick, while the 49ers lost some.

Preach

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":26t6y0wu said:
TheRealDTM":26t6y0wu said:
Own The West":26t6y0wu said:

Arizona is the division champion, they got a better player than us that is going to compete against the player we drafted and kill him, we got worse today relatively, we didn't have to do that. This may change if we hit on the 1/100 odds that are a 3rd round pick but I think we'd been better off taking a sure thing.

you realize ARZ is a year or two from not having a QB right? And who knows if Palmer stays healthy for another 16+

Nkemdiche is going to play QB for them. He's JUST THAT GOOD.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":362ey2q4 said:
Seahawk Sailor":362ey2q4 said:
I like the sound of this!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillWixey/status/725893853228593152[/tweet]

Cool. He can play G and T? At the same time? That really must be some wingspan!
36" wingspan? :shock: What, he's a T-rex?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3kgqazei said:
Looks to me Ifedi is the perfect Seahawks offensive lineman (Tom Cable lineman).

Congratulations 12s and Seahawks.net: With the 31st pick in 2016 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select James Carpenter 2.0!
Anyone making a James Carpenter comparison clearly has never watched either play. Good on you for not having an original opinion of your own!

Love it when people complain about a pick even though they know absolutely nothing about said player other than what they recently read on twitter. Such is life in the age of the internet

Mick063

Reaction score
Addressed a need and picked up another pick.

Cable worked him out and gave the thumbs up.

I'm not paying any attention to "expert" interwebz opinion right now. I'll wait until about the 4th preseason game to reveal my first impressions. It will take another two years to truly know his value.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2lwis8dw said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2lwis8dw said:

Anyone making a James Carpenter comparison clearly has never watched either play. Good on you for not having an original opinion of your own!

Love it when people complain about a pick even though they know absolutely nothing about said player other than what they recently read on twitter. Such is life in the age of the internet

Well said.

mikeak

Reaction score
The funny thing is that 6-8 months from now people will say - see this was a great / horrific trade based on what the guys between 26-31 does.

Honestly it is the wrong way to look at it. If the team had 1-2 guys that they would be happy with at 26 and that is who they got at 31 then it was a great move. If not it was a calculated risk that didn't work out.

If other players turns out to be stars such as Nkemdiche is irrelevant if the FO wasn't going to draft them at 26.... There is now way we were getting Nkemdiche AND Garnett as example

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
mikeak":32nyqvgx said:
The funny thing is that 6-8 months from now people will say - see this was a great / horrific trade based on what the guys between 26-31 does.

Honestly it is the wrong way to look at it. If the team had 1-2 guys that they would be happy with at 26 and that is who they got at 31 then it was a great move. If not it was a calculated risk that didn't work out.

If other players turns out to be stars such as Nkemdiche is irrelevant if the FO wasn't going to draft them at 26.... There is now way we were getting Nkemdiche AND Garnett as example
I honestly think Ifedi would have been their pick at 26. They looked so happy when they made the pick. Happy like "I can't believe we got an extra 3rd rounder to get the guy we wanted all along"

Bryce84

Reaction score
mikeak":qqph18ju said:
If that is who they would pick yes agree 100%.

If not then was it worth it???

I am not criticizing. I am just critically looking at it and asking questions

Fact is, if Seattle had someone on their board at #26 that was WELL above anyone else, they don't trade the pick. They likely had numerous players with similar grades that they knew one (if not most) of them would be there at #31. So to pose the question if getting an extra pick for the player they want (or of roughly the same caliber) is worth it, seems really silly. Maybe that's just me.

Latest posts