2009 Green Jersey Uniform

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
How did the idea came about for those? Obviously, they were intended as one-off as we haven't seen since.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
912421921.jpg

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Can't say as to the idea, but I'd like to have one. My wife has a knockoff model. Def stands out.

Bit too loud to see 11 together out on the field though, or so was the consensus. And the Hawks lost that game IIRC, which may have been a bigger factor.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I have a green Tatupu, but never wear it. I do think the one like mine with the blue numbers looked better than the white numbered ones they wore than one time...that one time that Mare missed 2 FGs, we lost to the Bears and Mora threw Mare under the bus in his post-game rant. I think that was a post-Behring low point of the franchise. The Wolf Gray makes a much better Alt.

Claden

Reaction score
I have a FAN one and a blank authentic. Need to get it customized.

253hawk

Reaction score
The green actually wasn't that bad, but it clashed horribly with that satin blue color, especially the sleeves. It could look real slick with some custom pants and a few accents on the helmet.

dunceface

Reaction score
I have a Hasselbeck that I got from the team shop in Oly for like $20....still haven't worn it, I think the collector in me just wanted to have one

I would love to see a green alternate of our current jerseys or maybe all green like the blue "drenched" ones they did this year

stang233

Reaction score
I always thought the green came from the connection go Microsoft. The Xbox logo is bright green. As well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":372gq0n7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":372gq0n7 said:
I have an Okung one.

Okung wasn't on the team in 2009 was he? Doesn't mean you can't have one I guess
Have no idea but I have one hanging in my closet. I got it for free and figured it was a Halloween gag gift thing so I could careless anyway.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was to do with the Sounders joining MLS that year. Like a welcome tribute or something.

irocdave

Reaction score
That was the ugliest uni the team has ever worn. First time I saw one in person was after the first niner beat down this year. Had seen them on TV and hated it. One of my carpenters was a closet niner fan and ran his mouth prior to the game. Apparently plumbers liked that ugly ass uni and one in particular liked TJ Houshmandzadeh. My guy had to wear that thing for an entire day. Man I felt bad for him. He said he would never bet against the Hawks after that. My guy was a trooper and returned that ugly ass thing without defacing it at the end of the day. As a Hawk fan since day one I would have trashed that jersey.

Spounge84

Reaction score
I have one, it's a #59 Curry...ugh!

I never wear it, and I've thinking about just getting rid of it.

Zorn76

Reaction score
That Jersey was The Worst Uni. Ever.

That said, I recently was given a neon green Seahawks tee with the letters in blue. Amazingly, it looks ok, because the green is much more flat than the '09 jersey crap.

IMO, it's also a look that epitomized the (thankfully) brief Mora Jr. era. The guy sucked, and so did that jersey, lol. It was perfect that Seattle sported it when he was HC for a season.

Seahawks need to arrange throw backs, if they haven't already. The original '76-82 uniform was, IMO, the best one. Still miss that silver helmet as well. If they had updated the 1st uniform but kept those same colors, it woulda been epic.

But, we are champs with this current look, which has grown on me some. Just don't ever bring back the '09 stuff. I think they've been torched by now anyhow:)

minormillikin

Reaction score
Those things were all right as fan jerseys, but looked terrible against the green of the playing surface.

Now and then I check eBay or CL for one, because it would make a good bright bike riding shirt (I often ride my bike to work). I wouldn't pay much for one, though.

If anyone has an XL they're about to throw out, send it my way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Those look putrid and pathetic..Does not go with the blue helmet and pants..If your going to do green..I would go with that Sonics(rip) green..Some have that helmet colored like it in avatar..The shirt and pants
wouldn't be hard to go with..Maybe someone can create it ..

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
I might be able to shed a little light on why they used these for that one game against the Bears. During that game they had a go green promotion to promote recycling and is why they wore them for that game.

Latest posts