2014 Seattle Mariners

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Franklin is tearing it up in AAA. Either he needs to learn how to play RF and come up, or we need to trade him for someone who can play RF. If I have to see any more of a Saunders/Romero timeshare in right, I'm going to scream.

Calihawk quick to jump on the offense, but facing Gray and Kazmir is no joke. OAK has the best pitching in the LEAGUE, so calm down until they stop hitting for a longer period of time against different opponents.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":aw61ylzh said:
Franklin is tearing it up in AAA. Either he needs to learn how to play RF and come up, or we need to trade him for someone who can play RF. If I have to see any more of a Saunders/Romero timeshare in right, I'm going to scream.

Calihawk quick to jump on the offense, but facing Gray and Kazmir is no joke. OAK has the best pitching in the LEAGUE, so calm down until they stop hitting for a longer period of time against different opponents.

This.....

Let's spend some time out of the AL West

davidonmi

Reaction score
for once an injury actually turned out to be a good thing, if Lloyd comes to his senses he'll realize saunders needs to be playing instead of Morrison.
Is Saunders good? no. But when you combine what saunders brings to the table offensively, defensively, and on the basepaths, and compare that to morrison, it's no contest whatsoever

Atradees

Reaction score
Its is more fun with power. Guys that can hit triples! Hernandez, Iwakuma, Paxton, Elias, Walker.......young and ramirez in the pen. That would rock.
Lets finish whooping texas! get the heck out of the division and see what we have.

oh oh

we are trotting out beaven...Texas offense will get healthier in a hurry.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Good to see Smoak get a couple of hits last night though I wish one would've scored a run or two. He is a huge key to the offense this year. If he doesn't hit, Cano gets pitched around constantly. After his hot start he cooled down so hopefully he starts back up.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Amazing Cano has yet to hit a homer yet. I have been proudly sporting my Cano jersey shirt around NYC. :)

mbtitleist

Reaction score
JZ#1":17na1dip said:
Amazing Cano has yet to hit a homer yet. I have been proudly sporting my Cano jersey shirt around NYC. :)

In 2012 when Cano hit a personal best 33 HR's he only had 1 in April. I wouldn't be that worried, he's still batting .340 and has gotten a hit in all but two games.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Taijuan Walker got scratched from his final start in Tacoma before coming up, which sadly means we might have to sit through another Blake Beavan start after this one.

No Walker, Paxton, or Iwakuma is KILLING us. If those three were healthy and there was a legitimate bat in RF, this team might actually sneak through and win the division. So close...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They still are a solid bat or 2 away IMHO. The offense while better than last year (low bar) still too inconsistent for my liking!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
What I don't get.......Saunders has a great game the previous night yet is not playing yesterday? Yes, I know they had a lefty on the mound, but is Willi Bloomquist and or Stephan Romero a better option than Saunders at this point?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Saunders has one of the worst swings in MLB when his swing gets long which is about 75% of the time. When he keeps his swing short he hits decently. Problem is his default zone is that long loopey swing that is full of holes.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Saunders is awful, but I'd still rather play him than Romero because at least Saunders has decent power when he hits it.

Actually, I'd rather the Ms hang around in the division long enough to get their arms back and then immediately trade one and/or Franklin for a RF with a decent OBP and solid ISO, but I'm just a broken record at this point.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1p8wp0lz said:
What I don't get.......Saunders has a great game the previous night yet is not playing yesterday? Yes, I know they had a lefty on the mound, but is Willi Bloomquist and or Stephan Romero a better option than Saunders at this point?
Bloomquist NO, Romero may be if playing every day, until then who knows. Sounds like they just called up Franklin because LOMO got sent to the DL. Franklin might have to learn LF on the fly with the M's.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
I don't care if Franklin's corner outfield defense sucks; he can't hit worse than LoMo/Romero/Saunders. He promptly shows up in Arlington and triples first thing out.

Corey Hart can't play corner outfield either because of his knees. We have six guys for rotation at those corner spots and Ackley is the only one that can actually play the position.

Jack Z's roster construction is like Bizarro-John Schneider world. Up is down! Black is white!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Yep. We had that one. Miller makes that play 99.9% of the time.

Why such a quick hook on Felix as well. He was dealing and I realize it's April but 96 pitches is not that big of a deal to him.