2014 Seattle Mariners

SeatownJay

Reaction score
amill87":30xld4ho said:
So if our starting pitching gets better, our bullpen gets better, and we start hitting in clutch situations, we will be good?

I'm in!
Don't forget the defense. So all Seattle needs is better starting pitching, relief pitching, clutch hitting, and defense and they'll be all right.

amill87

Reaction score
At this point, I don't even know what they are supposed to do. Jack z has bought in what should be enough good players to be at least mediocre.

The Marlins are better than their record. They are better than the mariners for sure.

I can't wait to hear the "well sometimes you just get beat" and the awesome "the other guys are getting paid too". You know you can't say that after every game right?

This is gonna be what the 2nd? 1 hitter against the mariners already this season? Blame the pitching all we want but this offense is one of the worst in the league still

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the starting pitching, when healthy that will be the strength of this team. It's the suckass offense that's the problem.
They've been 3 hit, now 2 hit, and one hit, and it's only mid April.
Flatout pathetic reguardless anyway anyone attempts to spin it!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sports Hernia":1f4xsv77 said:
I'm not worried about the starting pitching, when healthy that will be the strength of this team. It's the suckass offense that's the problem.
They've been 3 hit, now 2 hit, and one hit, and it's only mid April.
Flatout pathetic reguardless anyway anyone attempts to spin it!

Yep. The pitching will get better when Paxton, Walker, and Kuma get right. The bullpen has it hard when they're out there every non-Felix game for four-plus innings.

The offense sucks, but we have a bunch of DH types that suck at DH'ing. Time to cut bait on LoMo and get a right-hander who can hit and play decent corner outfield at some point.

The good news is that Ackley can hit enough to be passable in LF, I guess. However, Miller is slumping and Romero/Saunders is barely good enough to run out there in a platoon in Tacoma, much less in the majors. Smoak is like whatever, we need a first-baseman bad. The scary thing is that Seager is broken right now, and he was a guy who looked like a legit hitter last year. Our young hitters are perpetually terrible, it seems.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sadly, we need to start over on offense....again. Zunino looks like a keeper. I think Seager is a nice average to above average player. Besides them and Cano, every position on the team needs to be upgraded. Pitching hopefully comes around, but the big 3 haven't exactly shown the ability to stay healthy, becoming alarming.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I wanted Jack Z fired last September. I still want him fired today, just a joke of a GM

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's only April ..The hitting has to turn around..Theres just some in a slump right now..Seager/Cano will hit we know that...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
These are the real Seattle Mariners. The same POS squad that's been rolled out by this front office for the last decade. The names may change but the results will always be the same.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2oqarw7g said:
These are the real Seattle Mariners. The same POS squad that's been rolled out by this front office for the last decade. The names may change but the results will always be the same.

:13:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Oh no, we suck again!.....errr wait.....never mind, we were never good in the first place :34853_doh:

Latest posts