2014 Socchi Winter Olympics

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I've been watching quite a bit of it but it's hard not watching things live. Sochi is something like 12 hours ahead of us on the West Coast and when the events happen at 8am our time it's hard not to find out who won before watching the even in primetime that evening.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
mbtitleist":djuz59ns said:
I've been watching quite a bit of it but it's hard not watching things live. Sochi is something like 12 hours ahead of us on the West Coast and when the events happen at 8am our time it's hard not to find out who won before watching the even in primetime that evening.
Yeah, that's the hard part for me. Back when I was a kid there was no internet so it didn't matter that everything was on a multi-hour tape delay. Now, it's really hard to avoid hearing the results before you get a chance to watch.

Phteven

Reaction score
Tons of live coverage on CBC, as well. I've been watching the Canadians for decades. Between the CBC coverage and the NBCSN coverage, and what's available on demand, I don't see how anyone could avoid complete Olympic saturation.

One thing the Canadians have always done that I like is to go through every Canadian athlete who competed and report their finish. They've always done it, even for the kids who came in 20th.

Largent80

Reaction score
U.S. Women's hockey team looks amazing. Putting on a clinic vs. Sweden.

Gold medal game vs, Canada is going to be epic.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SPOILER FOR WOMENS HOCKEY

Gotta be kidding me with this gold medal womens hockey game. USA up 2-0 with 5 mins left, now its tied 2-2 with less than a minute. USA a minute before hit the post on an empty net from the blue line

Kaiser

Reaction score
Well they got porked on that makeup call, and pierre mcguire actually had the balls to say they did it to keep things fair. How is it fair to gift a team a penalty to make up for them commiting an actual, against the rules infraction? And the 2nd one was even worse, if knight touched anything more than cloth when that player dove, i'll castrate myself.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kaiser":1ecu1urh said:
Well they got porked on that makeup call, and pierre mcguire actually had the balls to say they did it to keep things fair. How is it fair to gift a team a penalty to make up for them commiting an actual, against the rules infraction? And the 2nd one was even worse, if knight touched anything more than cloth when that player dove, i'll castrate myself.

there's that Olympic spirit!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's funny when people think that the Olympics aren't corrupt. My wife watched the men's figure skating the other night, and the Japanese guy that won had 2 bad falls.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
US womens team blows it vs Canada today. US gets its revenege tomorrow in the mens game. Thats okay...I can't cheer for any team Cindy Crysby is on anyway...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well between that travesty that happened in figure skating, speed skating and men's hockey just now color me as not impressed with this Olympics. It doesn't help that they're 10 hours ahead making virtually impossible not to know the results hours before you can watch it.

Exittium

Reaction score
this yrs Olympics was full on face to palm for me, I probably won't be watching anymore. It couldn't have any worse judging then it already had.. talk about just ugh.. I don't even wanna continue on, screw the Olympics, the Seahawks are SB Champions!!!

soohawk

Reaction score
what a sweet month, superbowl victory and double gold in hockey!

Largent80

Reaction score
I must admit, figure skating and it's judging leave a LOT to be desired, but all the other sports were fantastic.