2016 first mock draft

firebee

Reaction score
Well... Used the Fanspeak simulator, which doesn't give you the option to trade. I've played a little with first-pick and the trades seem ridiculous. Seriously... Does anybody ever see the 49ers giving us their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick for our 1st round pick? I think not.

Anyhow... This is what I came up with on Fanspeak with no trades.

26: OT SHON COLEMAN AUBURN - This guy just seems like a PC & JS Type of pick. Strong run blocker with prototype size and strength for an offensive tackle. Overcame a 2 year battle with cancer. Doesn't have great footwork and balance, but he doesn't have horrible footwork and balance either. Gets caught over-extending himself and lunging at times, but overall... Not a horrible prospect for an offensive tackle. Just seems like a guy JS & PC would draft, although I'd prefer trading down and picking up an extra couple of picks later in the draft.

56: OLB SU'A CRAVENS USC - Killing two birds with one stone. Huge playmaker here that's maybe a bit undersized for LB, but I just can't overlook how well rounded he is. Coverage skills, pass rusher, solid tackler. Size is really the only knock on him if you're looking for a pure linebacker type. So.. The first bird is the linebacker position and the other bird is insurance for Kam Chancellor. This kid almost looks like a carbon copy of Kam Chancellor. The versatility and his ability is just too good to pass up. Seems like a perfect fit given our likely circumstances at LB and possibly Safety.

90: G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA ARKANSAS - Looked great at the Senior Bowl and this seems like the guy we'd go after, especially with Coleman taken in the first and having OT addressed. Time to beef up the middle and put an immovable object in there. Considering JS & PCs history of going after a player that fared well at the Senior Bowl and our situation on the line, picking him just kind of made sense. He's been getting a lot of high praise and he seems like a steal here.

121: DE SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE - Reminds me a lot of a young Brandon Mebane. Great lower body strength and explosion. Closes on the ball quickly. Might be a better pass rusher than Mebane was when he was drafted. Just seems like he'd be a great fit for our defense at defensive tackle and I'm having a hard time seeing us bring back Mebane and Rubin, unless we create some serious cap space with a couple unexpected releases. Even if we keep Mebane and Rubin, I'd still love to see us land this guy. Seems like the complete package and well rounded.

193: G JOE DAHL WASHINGTON ST - A very versatile offensive lineman and another guy that fared well at the Senior Bowl. I couldn't believe he was still on the board in all honesty. Could compete for a spot at guard or tackle. Considered a little under-sized and lacking in power for guard and a little too slow with his footwork to start at offensive tackle. A tweener type of offensive lineman, but I like the versatility here and his performance at the Senior Bowl shows he's capable of competing and getting the job done, regardless of where you put him.

215: WR DEVON CAJUSTE STANFORD - This kid is going to be a special receiver in the NFL. He lacks the initial explosion off the LOS and doesn't look super fast for a receiver, but he has that deceptive 3rd gear kind of like Sherman does. He can make the tough catches, he highpoints the ball. Most of all... He's solid when it comes to blocking. Might be one of the best blocking receivers in the draft. This kid is going to be a starter in the league and I couldn't pass him up with our last pick in the draft... STEAL!!!

pcbball12

Reaction score
firebee":2oallf2r said:
Well... Used the Fanspeak simulator, which doesn't give you the option to trade. I've played a little with first-pick and the trades seem ridiculous. Seriously... Does anybody ever see the 49ers giving us their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick for our 1st round pick? I think not.

26: OT SHON COLEMAN AUBURN - This guy just seems like a PC & JS Type of pick. Strong run blocker with prototype size and strength for an offensive tackle. Overcame a 2 year battle with cancer. Doesn't have great footwork and balance, but he doesn't have horrible footwork and balance either. Gets caught over-extending himself and lunging at times, but overall... Not a horrible prospect for an offensive tackle. Just seems like a guy JS & PC would draft, although I'd prefer trading down and picking up an extra couple of picks later in the draft.

56: OLB SU'A CRAVENS USC - Killing two birds with one stone. Huge playmaker here that's maybe a bit undersized for LB, but I just can't overlook how well rounded he is. Coverage skills, pass rusher, solid tackler. Size is really the only knock on him if you're looking for a pure linebacker type. So.. The first bird is the linebacker position and the other bird is insurance for Kam Chancellor. This kid almost looks like a carbon copy of Kam Chancellor. The versatility and his ability is just too good to pass up. Seems like a perfect fit given our likely circumstances at LB and possibly Safety.

90: G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA ARKANSAS - Looked great at the Senior Bowl and this seems like the guy we'd go after, especially with Coleman taken in the first and having OT addressed. Time to beef up the middle and put an immovable object in there. Considering JS & PCs history of going after a player that fared well at the Senior Bowl and our situation on the line, picking him just kind of made sense. He's been getting a lot of high praise and he seems like a steal here.

121: DE SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE - Reminds me a lot of a young Brandon Mebane. Great lower body strength and explosion. Closes on the ball quickly. Might be a better pass rusher than Mebane was when he was drafted. Just seems like he'd be a great fit for our defense at defensive tackle and I'm having a hard time seeing us bring back Mebane and Rubin, unless we create some serious cap space with a couple unexpected releases. Even if we keep Mebane and Rubin, I'd still love to see us land this guy. Seems like the complete package and well rounded.

193: G JOE DAHL WASHINGTON ST - A very versatile offensive lineman and another guy that fared well at the Senior Bowl. I couldn't believe he was still on the board in all honesty. Could compete for a spot at guard or tackle. Considered a little under-sized and lacking in power for guard and a little too slow with his footwork to start at offensive tackle. A tweener type of offensive lineman, but I like the versatility here and his performance at the Senior Bowl shows he's capable of competing and getting the job done, regardless of where you put him.

215: WR DEVON CAJUSTE STANFORD - This kid is going to be a special receiver in the NFL. He lacks the initial explosion off the LOS and doesn't look super fast for a receiver, but he has that deceptive 3rd gear kind of like Sherman does. He can make the tough catches, he highpoints the ball. Most of all... He's solid when it comes to blocking. Might be one of the best blocking receivers in the draft. This kid is going to be a starter in the league and I couldn't pass him up with our last pick in the draft... STEAL!!!

I really like your approach, I have a few comments.

1. I love Coleman. I actually think his footwork is better than people have been saying, and he is an absolute road grader. I think he has a chance to become the best LT in this class with time.

2. I like Cravens, but I just don't see us using a 2nd on the type of player he is. To me, he is a smaller version of KPL. He is strictly a Will (which KJ plays and KPL backs up). If we go LB, especially this early I would think it is a guy that could play Sam.

3. Love Tretola, and this is probably the range he ends up going.

4. Rankins is one of my favorite players in this draft. I had watched him much before the Senior Bowl and couldn't believe he wasn't being talked about as a 1st round pick. To me, he is (while not quite on this level) Aaron Donald-esque. He is so disruptive and wins with technique, hand usage, speed, and power. He dominated at the Senior Bowl and many have him in their top 20 at this point. I cannot envision a scenario where he falls out of the 1st round, let alone to the 4th. And if he somehow managed to fall to us at 26 I think Seattle runs to the podium (they apparently have a 1st round grade on him according to Tony Pauline).

5. I like Dahl a lot. It's obvious he will have to slide inside, but I think he will be a very good G at the next level. Another guy that showed big at Senior Bowl. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the 2nd Round.

6. I admittedly haven't watched much of Cajuste yet. All I have seen are games I was paying attention to Garnett, but he flashed here and there from what I could tell. He is a guy I plan on taking a closer look into here soon.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Only one trade this time

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26: Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (BALT): Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 17 (ATL): Kenyan Drake, RB, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Joe Schobert, OLB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 6 Pick 7 (BALT): Paul McRoberts, WR, Southeast Missouri State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss (F)
Round 7 Pick 26: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (A+

firebee

Reaction score
pcbball12":32hxyyd8 said:
firebee":32hxyyd8 said:

1. I love Coleman. I actually think his footwork is better than people have been saying, and he is an absolute road grader. I think he has a chance to become the best LT in this class with time.

2. I like Cravens, but I just don't see us using a 2nd on the type of player he is. To me, he is a smaller version of KPL. He is strictly a Will (which KJ plays and KPL backs up). If we go LB, especially this early I would think it is a guy that could play Sam.

4. Rankins is one of my favorite players in this draft. I had watched him much before the Senior Bowl and couldn't believe he wasn't being talked about as a 1st round pick. To me, he is (while not quite on this level) Aaron Donald-esque. He is so disruptive and wins with technique, hand usage, speed, and power. He dominated at the Senior Bowl and many have him in their top 20 at this point. I cannot envision a scenario where he falls out of the 1st round, let alone to the 4th. And if he somehow managed to fall to us at 26 I think Seattle runs to the podium (they apparently have a 1st round grade on him according to Tony Pauline).

5. I like Dahl a lot. It's obvious he will have to slide inside, but I think he will be a very good G at the next level. Another guy that showed big at Senior Bowl. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the 2nd Round.

6. I admittedly haven't watched much of Cajuste yet. All I have seen are games I was paying attention to Garnett, but he flashed here and there from what I could tell. He is a guy I plan on taking a closer look into here soon.

Well... Their rankings and projections are still pre Senior Bowl. I'll do another simulation through that simulator after they get some more input off the combine and pro days. After the Senior Bowl, I seriously doubt Tretola slides to us in the 3rd round. Rankins... He's most definitely gone by the end of round 2. Dahl sliding into the 7th round is also highly unlikely.
I really really hope teams consider Su'a too much of a tweener and he slides to a position where we can move down from our 3rd or move up from our 4th to nab him. Looks like the perfect insurance policy on Kam Chancellor and a nice fill-in as a weakside linebacker.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":1filnaof said:
Where are you guys getting all these picks? According to what I see, we have the following:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 193 (from Dallas)
RD7 pick 215

Do you guys have a simulator that allows you to trade picks? If you can post the link, that would be cool.

http://www.first-pick.com/ this one permits trades ( somewhat unrealistic) but its free. Just register a nick and P/W
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/ This is the one I like and use. Its free without trades, or you can pay $6 for the Premium version and it has realistic trades . It uses Prospect ranking from various sites that increase as the draft gets closer. right now its uses Fanspeak, Draft-Tek , CBS, and Bleacher Repost.

This is a draft I did this morning from Fanspeak..using Draft-Tek rankings

26: R1P26 - OT SHON COLEMAN...AUBURN
66: R3P3- OLB NOAH SPENCE E KENTUCKY ( via Trade )
90: R3P27- G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA ARKANSAS
99: R4P4 - DE SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE (via Trade)
111: R4P16 - TE NICK VANNETT OHIO ST (via Trade)
132: R5P5 - CB HARLAN MILLER SE LOUISIANA (via Trade)
176: R6P19 - C GRAHAM GLASGOW MICHIGAN (via Trade)
193: R7P4 - DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
202: R7P13 - RB DWAYNE WASHINGTON WASHINGTON (via Trade)
215: R7P26 - WR JAY LEE BAYLOR

break down of the trades..

Sent R2-25 ...Chiefs...Get....... R2-28
R4-28

Sent R2-28 & R4-26 & ...Jaguars...Get...... R3-07
R4-06
R5-05

Sent R3-07 & R4-28 + Future R4 pick.. Chargers...Get.... R3-03
R4-04 (might be to much to give, but wanted Noah Spence)

Sent R4-06...Raiders....Get.... R4-16
R6-19
R7-13

I know Rankin will go before the 4th , other ranking have him from 2nd..early 3rd

pcbball12

Reaction score
firebee":1rr8r9gi said:
pcbball12":1rr8r9gi said:
firebee":1rr8r9gi said:

Well... Their rankings and projections are still pre Senior Bowl. I'll do another simulation through that simulator after they get some more input off the combine and pro days. After the Senior Bowl, I seriously doubt Tretola slides to us in the 3rd round. Rankins... He's most definitely gone by the end of round 2. Dahl sliding into the 7th round is also highly unlikely.
I really really hope teams consider Su'a too much of a tweener and he slides to a position where we can move down from our 3rd or move up from our 4th to nab him. Looks like the perfect insurance policy on Kam Chancellor and a nice fill-in as a weakside linebacker.
Oh I hear ya, it wasn't a knock on you more on their rankings. You doing the simulator are going to choose the BPA. I could see Tretola go in the 2nd or top of 3rd. You're probably right though if we wanted him we would more than likely have to take him with our 2nd or trade up in the 3rd. I think even expecting Rankins to make it out of round 1 is hopeful. The latest I could see Dahl lasting is probably the 4th round range, and in that range he is a steal. I like Su'a, don't get me wrong. And I do believe he will go somewhere in round 2, I just don't see it being us. The role he would play is too similar to KPL and I probably liked KPL coming out a little better than I like Su'a. I don't think he is Chancellor IMO or would provide anything near. Chancellor has always been such a physical player, great at taking on blocks and delivering big hits. Su'a really struggles to get off blocks and isn't the type of physical player that Kam is. Probably similar athletically, but playing style is not very similar. I think he is best suited to play at Will and stick there.

firebee

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":pel6dcq0 said:
xgeoff":pel6dcq0 said:
Where are you guys getting all these picks? According to what I see, we have the following:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 215

Do you guys have a simulator that allows you to trade picks? If you can post the link, that would be cool.

http://www.first-pick.com/ this one permits trades ( somewhat unrealistic) but its free. Just register a nick and P/W
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/ This is the one I like and use. Its free without trades, or you can pay $6 for the Premium version and it has realistic trades . It uses Prospect ranking from various sites that increase as the draft gets closer. right now its uses Fanspeak, Draft-Tek , CBS, and Bleacher Repost.

This is a draft I did this morning from Fanspeak..using Draft-Tek rankings

26: R1P26 - OT SHON COLEMAN...AUBURN
66: R3P3- OLB NOAH SPENCE E KENTUCKY ( via Trade )
90: R3P27- G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA ARKANSAS
99: R4P4 - DE SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE (via Trade)
111: R4P16 - TE NICK VANNETT OHIO ST (via Trade)
132: R5P5 - CB HARLAN MILLER SE LOUISIANA (via Trade)
176: R6P19 - C GRAHAM GLASGOW MICHIGAN (via Trade)
193: R7P4 - DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
202: R7P13 - RB DWAYNE WASHINGTON WASHINGTON (via Trade)
215: R7P26 - WR JAY LEE BAYLOR

break down of the trades..

Sent R2-25 ...Chiefs...Get....... R2-28
R4-28

Sent R2-28 & R4-26 & ...Jaguars...Get...... R3-07
R4-06
R5-05

Sent R3-07 & R4-28 + Future R4 pick.. Chargers...Get.... R3-03
R4-04 (might be to much to give, but wanted Noah Spence)

Sent R4-06...Raiders....Get.... R4-16
R6-19
R7-13

I know Rankin will go before the 4th , other ranking have him from 2nd..early 3rd

Only 6$ to upgrade... I saw that you could upgrade, but assumed they'd want 20-25$ for an upgrade... 6$ isn't bad... I definitely think I'll do the upgrade after some movement in free agency is made and more updates on projections are done.

Funny thing is... I was doing some research on likely realistic trades we could make and trading down to KC for their 1st and 4th was the one that stuck out at me as a likely trade that could happen. They'll likely want to jump Green Bay to make sure us or Green Bay doesn't take their guy on D. Downside to the trade, I worry Green Bay might take Coleman due to their O-Line situation this last year if KC takes Green Bay's target. Could be a gamble on the trade if Coleman is a target that JS & PC really like.

On Edit... Like the Noah Spence pick too... Off-field issues are a concern, but I think PC and the guys on our defense could reign him in and help him mature into a professional. He's definitely an impact player on the field.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Round 1 Pick 28 (K.C.): Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (S.F.): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State (B)
Round 3 Pick 32 (CAR): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.F.): De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9 (T.B.): Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Round 6 Pick 14 (DAL): Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State (D)
Round 7 Pick 4: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas State (D-)

McGruff

Reaction score
xgeoff":19ctwf48 said:
EverydayImRusselin":19ctwf48 said:
xgeoff":19ctwf48 said:
RD1 pick 26
RD2 pick 58
RD3 pick 90
RD4 pick 121
RD7 pick 215

First-pick.com has a simulator that offers a billion trade ideas. Most are fairly unrealistic.

Got it, thanks! Yeah, wow, it's pretty easy to accumulate a boatload of picks in that simulator. They ought to tweak that algorithm a little bit, but the overall app is fun!

I do two things with First-Pick. First I only trade down if nothing looks good, and even then I always take the worst trade.

And second, I always trade next year's first for the equivalent of our comp picks in the 3rd, 5th and 6th rounds.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
They have updated the rankings!

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (K.C.): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (B)
Round 2 Pick 26: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 3 (DAL): Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (B+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14 (DAL): Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (B+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (C-)
Round 7 Pick 26: Travis Feeney, OLB, Washington (C+)

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 5 (BALT): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (BALT): Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 6 (BALT): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Paul McRoberts, WR, Southeast Missouri State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3 (S.F.): Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (B-)
Round 6 Pick 31 (S.F.): Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss (F)
Round 7 Pick 4: Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State (C)

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Round 2 Pick 7 (JAX): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (BALT): Deion Jones, OLB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Miles Killebrew, SS, Southern Utah (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26: De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 7 (JAX): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3 (S.F.): Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (B-)
Round 7 Pick 4: Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Ronald Blair, DE, Appalachian State (C)

McGruff

Reaction score
Round 1 Pick 29 (ARI): Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (ARI): Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11 (MIA): Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (D+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (B)

How angry would this make you?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
That would actually be a nice draft I'd have no problems with. Butler, Spence and Loanidis might be a bit overkill but we'd have an extremely strong pass rush with all these guhs added. An immediate answer on OLB, some WR and CB depth and two Olinemen to compete in camp. Bring in a tackle and guard through FA ( which we can easily afford with out currently only 3 million invested in the oline) and we should be good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":2wo46qpa said:
Round 1 Pick 29 (ARI): Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (ARI): Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11 (MIA): Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4: Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10 (MIA): Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (D+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (B)

How angry would this make you?

Amazing! Ionnnidis in the 7th? I can't see that happening, but if it does, and they don't take him I'll be extremely upset. :229031_banghead:

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2 (TENN): Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (B+)
Round 2 Pick 26: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky (A+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (DAL): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 15 (PHI): De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois (A-)
Round 6 Pick 1 (CLE): Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan (C+)
Round 7 Pick 2 (CLE): Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (B-)
Round 7 Pick 4: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (C)
Round 7 Pick 26: Travis Feeney, OLB, Washington (C-)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Like many of you, I've found myself once again shamelessly hooked like a junkie on First-Pick.com. Though I've had better scores, a scenario presented itself and I decided to go a bit of an unorthodox route -- one that I think if it actually did play itself out in reality could potentially make the Seahawk offense that much more dangerous ...

Your score is: 7656 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 24 (CINN): Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Su'a Cravens, OLB/SS, Southern California (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (S.F.): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 3 Pick 10 (MIA): Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 23 (MINN): Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (ARI): Kenny Lawler, WR, California (A)
Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A-)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.F.): Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (B+)
Round 4 Pick 14 (N.O.): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (B+)
Round 4 Pick 25 (PITT): Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26: Max Tuerk, C/OG, Southern California (B+)
Round 4 Pick 30 (ARI): Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa (B+)
Round 5 Pick 3 (S.F.): Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri (B)
Round 5 Pick 6 (S.F.): Roger Lewis, WR, Bowling Green (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (JAX): Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas (B)
Round 5 Pick 22 (CINN): Pearce Slater, OT, San Diego State (A-)
Round 6 Pick 3 (S.F.): Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 7 Pick 4: Kevon Seymour, CB, Southern California (B+)
Round 7 Pick 18 (IND): Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia (A)

Going clear back to the Kellen Winslow experiment, Pete Carroll has talked quite excitedly in the past about the possibility of having 2 dominant TE's ... and all the nightmares that a 2 TE set in that scenario could present to an NFL defense. Well, Hunter Henry could very well be that guy.

Consider this: all offseason long, we've been talking about the need to upgrade the offensive line ... and also worrying about the prospect of losing Jermaine Kearse where the Hawks could find a replacement that does what he does. Well ... one player can potentially give you both. Not only is Hunter Henry one whale of a blocker (he is a road grader in the run game especially) ... he is also a phenomenally talented pass catcher. How would it be to pair Jimmy Graham along with this guy at the exact same time? Opposing defenses would have absolute fits ...

[youtube]iV5uBnO9pyo[/youtube]

The possibilities for this offense would be intriguing to say the least.

cheese22

Reaction score
New England had a record breaking offense with Gronkowski and Hernandez. There is precedence for it.

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
I resisted taking tretola because of the board not falling that way, but I still came away with winners.

Your score is: 7717 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 7 (JAX): Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (BALT): Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Paul Perkins, RB, UCLA (B)
Round 4 Pick 26: Deiondre' Hall, CB, Northern Iowa (B+)
Round 5 Pick 9 (T.B.): Jatavis Brown, OLB/SS, Akron (A)
Round 6 Pick 8 (T.B.): Willie Beavers, OT, Western Michigan (B-)
Round 6 Pick 22 (T.B.): Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 4: Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (C+)

OP
OP
titan3131

titan3131

Reaction score
cheese22":366wedp4 said:
New England had a record breaking offense with Gronkowski and Hernandez. There is precedence for it.

What I read is that his blocking is questionable. More expensive but martellus bennet is a great blocker and could make Mike B happy having him. Im thinking we could get him on a longer term deal and still create our twin towers Graham- bennett- Willson

I like that depth personally.