2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Crizilla

Reaction score
So Shoemaker is walking batters left and right and Valencia comes up to bat with the bases loaded and swings at the first pitch. Out. That's something that would happen in the McLOLndon era.

Servais maybe isn't as good as I thought.

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":3enslhmh said:
So Shoemaker is walking batters left and right and Valencia comes up to bat with the bases loaded and swings at the first pitch. Out. That's something that would happen in the McLOLndon era.

Servais maybe isn't as good as I thought.

He hit the ball as square as you can hit it unfortunately it was right at a guy. Not like he chased a breaking ball out of the zone.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Valencia squared that one up though. 8)
The guy needs to start hitting. Hopefully this breaks things open for him.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
There's our "closer if the future", throwing the game away. Diaz needs to be sent down. He's been awful so far this year :pukeface: Plus, Servais really needs to figure things. He really hasn't been impressive during his tenure here.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
THe season has just started so bad for these guys..FFFFF

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This team sucks. Worst part is there isn't a bright future with this team. When the trade deadline rolls around, Dipoto may want to seriously think about moving some of the bigger pieces. You aren't making the playoffs with a bottom 5 pen and suspect starting pitching.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":33yfq3ts said:
There's our "closer if the future", throwing the game away. Diaz needs to be sent down. He's been awful so far this year :pukeface: Plus, Servais really needs to figure things. He really hasn't been impressive during his tenure here.

I think one big problem with Diaz is he's falling in love with his slider way too much. Instead of challenging guys and throwing his fastball up and in, he's continually going low and away with his slider 50% of the time, trying to induce a ground ball. He's hanging the damn pitch. Use your fastball or lose it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2qo2a4c3 said:
This team sucks. Worst part is there isn't a bright future with this team. When the trade deadline rolls around, Dipoto may want to seriously think about moving some of the bigger pieces. You aren't making the playoffs with a bottom 5 pen and suspect starting pitching.
I want the rebuild to start sooner than later.It will hurt for a few drafts for sure but the cycle has to change away from what we have been seeing.I see two players to build around and one is a pitcher

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2moarv08 said:
Thepeelsessions":2moarv08 said:

I think one big problem with Diaz is he's falling in love with his slider way too much. Instead of challenging guys and throwing his fastball up and in, he's continually going low and away with his slider 50% of the time, trying to induce a ground ball. He's hanging the damn pitch. Use your fastball or lose it.

This kind of reminds me of Arquimedes Caminero from last year. He started out hot, because he was kind of an unknown. After a couple weeks here in Seattle, he got too confident in his fastball because he could blow it by guys at 100+. It seemed like he had given up on his slider, and because a guy with a one pitch arsenal, which was hittable heat. Teams adjusted to it, and he continued to get lit up until he started seeing less PT.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IndyHawk":in8zxflr said:
Hawk-Lock":in8zxflr said:
I want the rebuild to start sooner than later.It will hurt for a few drafts for sure but the cycle has to change away from what we have been seeing.I see two players to build around and one is a pitcher

Either rebuild or go for it. This team is built to win right now. So either put some money into the team and help out the pitching staff or unload some of these big contracts. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if they renamed the team. I feel like this franchise just needs an entire makeover.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2c3j46st said:
Honestly, I wouldn't even care if they renamed the team. I feel like this franchise just needs an entire makeover.
I could be down with that. I've always loved the old Pilots and Steelheads names. And the Steelheads uniforms are so simple and fresh. It's a great name and look.

I don't know, I've never been a huge fan of the sextant. And the trident is even worse.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
If we want to win, don't put the bullpen in!

81 pitches top 6 only gave up 2 runs and he takes Kuma out of the game? Gosh Service is a retard

And just like that the lead is gone. Great managing jackass!

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
It's amazing to Me how he brings in a kid for his debut in a pressure cooker of a situation. Just throw him to the wolves eh Servais you mindless clueless worthless idiot of a manager! Ever herd of letting your starting pitcher go more than 5 1/3rd innings? Next time I go down to safeco I'm making a sign that says SERVAIS YOU SUCK. And Zunino too. And the bullpen. Rant over.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's like a revolving door with the bullpen. Call someone up only to send them down days later. Might be time to trade a bat for a pitcher. I believe we have the second worst bullpen to Detroit, who has had an awful pen for years now.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
The problem is that this team doesn't have any spark. They don't have a fiery guy that makes people accountable for their actions. No one in the leadership role, everyone is too laid back.

Did anyone see that potential dust up when Maldanado got tagged running down the first base line? Nothing was even done other than the tag and Maldanado made a huge deal out of it.

They need to bring someone from the bullpen that is struggling the next time Maldanado comes up and drill him in the middle of the back. Show some sack. Maybe a good fight is what this team needs.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
And to think Mike Montgomery was once a Mariner. A versatile pitcher who could start and relieve, and do both well. Look at what he's done during his tenure in Chicago. That trade still chaps my hyde. The pen and Servais may be a big problem, but so is DiPoto.

Another thing, anybody know why Servais is so reluctant to play Motter lately? I mean a Danny Valencia is still Danny Valencia. He's still not producing at the plate. Motter has been. This is Shawn O'Malley vs. Ketel Marte all over again, sans the injury. Servais is foolish.

sutz

Reaction score
Kuma was pulled because he took a line drive off of his left leg/knee. He tried to go one more inning, but oops! He's yet to hit 90 pitches this year, though, so it seems he's basically a 5 inning pitcher any more.

Nice to see the bats get us the win back, and it looks maybe like Diaz is using his slider to good effect. Just don't throw it to Calhoun.

If we're gonna get that "spark" it looks like it will come from Segura and/or Dyson. Those guys seem to actually like to keep fighting.

Motter cooled off at the plate after his earlier hitting numbers. Still waiting on Valencia and Zunino to catch on at the plate. Val, at least, has career numbers that would indicate he will get better. Nino makes his living as a backstop, just wish he'd start hitting above the Mendoza line.

Nice win last night.