2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Kuma should have been pulled out of the game immediately or by the end of the 5th inning. It was clear he wasn't throwing as hard or as accurate after the shot to the knee and then to trot him back out there against the top/meat of the Angels' line up was stupid.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":pvl5jim6 said:
Kuma should have been pulled out of the game immediately or by the end of the 5th inning. It was clear he wasn't throwing as hard or as accurate after the shot to the knee and then to trot him back out there against the top/meat of the Angels' line up was stupid.
Yep.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So... perusing the thread, sitting 12-16... (not bad, not good enough)

How much if this is line up (bullpen) and how much is game management

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":26n3j7ad said:
IndyHawk":26n3j7ad said:
Hawk-Lock":26n3j7ad said:
This team sucks. Worst part is there isn't a bright future with this team. When the trade deadline rolls around, Dipoto may want to seriously think about moving some of the bigger pieces. You aren't making the playoffs with a bottom 5 pen and suspect starting pitching.
I want the rebuild to start sooner than later.It will hurt for a few drafts for sure but the cycle has to change away from what we have been seeing.I see two players to build around and one is a pitcher

Either rebuild or go for it. This team is built to win right now. So either put some money into the team and help out the pitching staff or unload some of these big contracts. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if they renamed the team. I feel like this franchise just needs an entire makeover.
[align=][/align]That is funny about renaming the team.I was thinking the same thing a few days ago..I like the Pilots name myself.They were taken out of Seattle just like the Sonics by good ol Bud Selig..A new name might bring us better karma but then again it took the Cubs over 100 yrs to win it all..

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Miranda is becoming a very solid 4 or 3 pitcher.. (knock on wood)

Crizilla

Reaction score
Stat sheet is loaded with crooked numbers. but.... Zunino being Zunino. Has he ever had a stretch of like 2-3 games where he played well? It's like he has 1 good game every month (if that). When Haniger gets back, what do we do with Motter and Gamel?!

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Valencia is regressing to his career mean, It looks like (.287 IIRC). If Zuni is the only hole in the batting order we can survive.

Sketchy start tonight for Miranda, but came around to finish 7 innings. Helps when the O is scoring in 5 or 6 different innings.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Maybe we should put Zunino in the #2 spot..seems to be a hitters mecca there.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":1k13p7zh said:
Well, Valencia is regressing to his career mean, It looks like (.287 IIRC). If Zuni is the only hole in the batting order we can survive.

Sketchy start tonight for Miranda, but came around to finish 7 innings. Helps when the O is scoring in 5 or 6 different innings.

Miranda tossed another gem. 7 innings, only 2 runs. 3.55 era for the year. He's doing very well.

Valencia is hitting .221 now and has had a pretty good week. Hopefully he continues so 1B is in order.

I tell ya, when Haniger comes back, you have to find a way to keep Gamel getting ABs the way he's been hitting. He's on a tear. Dyson is not. Heredia, Gamel and Haniger could be our 3 best OF options.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":y4wm74pr said:

He's hitting .167 now. It's just getting ridiculous. How many more months is Dipoto going to put up with this? I can't believe there's not another half-decent catching prospect in the organization. Zucchini is just what he is-good defensive catcher, plus arm, and a "AAAA" hitter. He has not shown any indication he's going to improve his approach at the plate. Absolutely no discipline, still chases sliders off the plate and he has no real sense of the strike zone as a hitter.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2atqgj4l said:
Bobblehead":2atqgj4l said:

He's hitting .167 now. It's just getting ridiculous. How many more months is Dipoto going to put up with this? I can't believe there's not another half-decent catching prospect in the organization. Zucchini is just what he is-good defensive catcher, plus arm, and a "AAAA" hitter. He has not shown any indication he's going to improve his approach at the plate. Absolutely no discipline, still chases sliders off the plate and he has no real sense of the strike zone as a hitter.

Was just a little TIC, the way that our 2 hole hitters seem to have been hitting.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":g61pmeqj said:
Bobblehead":g61pmeqj said:

Bad enough to miss Sucre, that's the level Zunino is playing at right now.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Crizilla":1pzwxzlo said:
.... Zunino being Zunino. Has he ever had a stretch of like 2-3 games where he played well?
When he first got called back up last year he hit .286 with 3 home runs in his first four games and I thought maybe, just maybe, he'd finally turned the corner. After 26 games he was hitting .280 with 9 home runs and 21 RBI. And then he fell off the cliff.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3r5jglhw said:
West TX Hawk":3r5jglhw said:
Bobblehead":3r5jglhw said:

Bad enough to miss Sucre, that's the level Zunino is playing at right now.

Sucre was was/is better than Zunino.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That is not good, especially with Paxton's injury history. Who is going to start? We will basically be down 3 starting pitchers (Felix, Smyly and Paxton). The offense is really going to have to pick up the slack over the next week. As much as I love Paxton, he is very hard to depend on.

DHawk

Reaction score
Every damn time this team gets the offense going, it loses a damn pitcher! GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Another roster move today. Zunino optioned to Tacoma, Gosewich called up. Ruiz and Tuffy at C now. Zunino needs extensive time in Tacoma. Like a solid year or two. Or the team just needs to move on. On another note, would it be crazy to try Motter at C?