2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2otep0vm said:
Bobblehead":2otep0vm said:
9-3 and I don't have confidence we have wont this game.

We're good. We got this!

And I must say right now, this team is making the playoffs. This lineup is so good, versatile and unlike anything we've seen since the '95-'03 teams. We're going to score a lot of runs the rest of the year. And when Smyly returns next month, he'll be the final piece of the puzzle.
I was in Vegas the past few days and was tempted to put 10 or 20 on the M's at 40/1 to win it all.
Ran out of time the last day and kind of forgot about it, I hope they make me regret it! 8)

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2gfabeeg said:
Sports Hernia":2gfabeeg said:
Bobblehead":2gfabeeg said:
West TX Hawk":2gfabeeg said:
Zun-inooo!!! My gosh he crushed that! The team looks terrific!

THere never seems to be any doubt about Zunino's homers.. this kid just crushes them.
Power has never been a problem, contact has been though..... however not lately.

I think the change in his stance has made a world of difference. He's more upright, hands higher, less of a stride even with the leg kick. It's very similar to Edgar's swing and not a coincidence. I think Edgar has worked wonders with a lot of our guys. Such great approaches at the plate these days.
Yep, most of the young hitters have great approaches (outside of Motter who the league figured out is a dead pull hitter),
And having Edgar as a hitting coach will only help things when these guys and Zunino start to struggle.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3huy84yh said:
Apparently, moving Ben Gamel to the #7 Hole ... No Big Deal. ;) :D
According to the talking heads, Gamel will bat 2nd against righties and 7 against lefties. He alternates with Valencia.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":9neehzwf said:
Yep, most of the young hitters have great approaches (outside of Motter who the league figured out is a dead pull hitter),
And having Edgar as a hitting coach will only help things when these guys and Zunino start to struggle.
I think Motter is coming around a bit. He's hit a couple of balls to center and right field lately. Luckily we don't desperately need him with Segura back and Gamel hitting so well. Perhaps with more time and work he'll get there. It'd be nice. He can play almost anywhere on the field and has great speed. That helps a lot in the field, but useless on offense if he can't get on base.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12apz66s said:
West TX Hawk":12apz66s said:
Bobblehead":12apz66s said:

We're good. We got this!

And I must say right now, this team is making the playoffs. This lineup is so good, versatile and unlike anything we've seen since the '95-'03 teams. We're going to score a lot of runs the rest of the year. And when Smyly returns next month, he'll be the final piece of the puzzle.
I was in Vegas the past few days and was tempted to put 10 or 20 on the M's at 40/1 to win it all.
Ran out of time the last day and kind of forgot about it, I hope they make me regret it! 8)

Haha-A very tempting bet for sure!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3mrhkzcd said:
Sports Hernia":3mrhkzcd said:
West TX Hawk":3mrhkzcd said:
Bobblehead":3mrhkzcd said:

We're good. We got this!

Haha-A very tempting bet for sure!
Got the Hawks @ 11/1 to win the Lombardi. 8)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Nice to see the bottom of the order.. 6 for 9 with a few RBI' and a Dinger.

Do I want to say it.. zunino up.. 2 on..

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1mg5zsdb said:
Nice to see the bottom of the order.. 6 for 9 with a few RBI' and a Dinger.

I think not only does it mean that we have some good hitters down there, but.. the pressure to sustain quality pitches to 9 players is very very tough.. has to take a toll on a pitchers focus at some point.

No doubt. You just can't overlook or pitch around anyone in our lineup now. Valencia 4 for 4 tonight wow!

sutz

Reaction score
Beating up the big dogs tonight. 12-3 bottom 8. :2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hopefully we didn't use all our runs in this one game, Nice win M's!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1w88zvm4 said:
Hopefully we didn't use all our runs in this one game, Nice win M's!
Yeah, too bad they can't take 9 of those to carry over for tomorrow's game.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uzmt3pp said:
West TX Hawk":3uzmt3pp said:
Bobblehead":3uzmt3pp said:

We're good. We got this!

Before the season I put $10 down the M's and it was only 13/1. Expectations were higher. First half of the season was like that first big hill on a roller coaster, but they survived and it does feel like they are coming together.

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1sorgeh6 said:
Should have sat Zunino yesterday
Saving him for tomorrow. They never make a guy catch a night game before a day game if they can help it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sutz":1ki54053 said:
Bobblehead":1ki54053 said:
Saving him for tomorrow. They never make a guy catch a night game before a day game if they can help it.

Yeah, your right.

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3tsbu49e said:
sutz":3tsbu49e said:
Bobblehead":3tsbu49e said:

Yeah, your right.
Sometimes the things they do make sense, even Servais. :laugh:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Houston's Lance is throwing some nasty stuff I guess.. don't have tv so I can't see anything but from the game cast.. we are just whiffing everything he throws.

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":16v3nj75 said:
Houston's Lance is throwing some nasty stuff I guess.. don't have tv so I can't see anything but from the game cast.. we are just whiffing everything he throws.
Yeah...killer curve ball. Fooling our guys pretty well the first time through the order. Couple of our guys ran him up to 7-8 pitches, though. McCullers (oops not Scullers :34853_doh: ) is just back off the DL so the announcer guys say he'll probably only go 85 pitches or so. Maybe we can get to him. Always seems some times that our bats go ice cold for a game or so. Would love to win the series.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well tomorrow we have Miranda vs. rookie Marte who has a 5 era, I like our chances tomorrow better.
Games early, if we can hold them, we could still work out some runs over today.