2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Okkkkkkkay that's a crap start. Umm who's in the wild card race right now us or them? Cuz the Ms look like the bad news bears right now. Hoping for 5th 6th 7th 8th and 9th inning heroics..... good grief :pukeface:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1ii4wmtx said:
Hoping for 5th inning heroics..... good grief :pukeface:

Your wish is granted! Nice 4 spot there. Miranda settled down and had a nice start-10k in 6 too.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":d282evki said:
Seahaaaawks":d282evki said:

Your wish is granted! Nice 4 spot there. Miranda settled down and had a nice start-10k in 6 too.
Only to be blown late by the bullpen. If it isn't one thing it's another. Cursed I say!!!

In other news Chris Taylor is batting 317 and had a game tying RBI for LA today. And our favorite X Mariner Justin Smoke has 29 HRs... how about that. As soon as a player leaves Seattle they turn to pure gold.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":235msnt1 said:
West TX Hawk":235msnt1 said:
Seahaaaawks":235msnt1 said:

Only to be blown late by the bullpen. If it isn't one thing it's another. Cursed I say!!!

In other news Chris Taylor is batting 317 and had a game tying RBI for LA today. And our favorite X Mariner Justin Smoke has 29 HRs... how about that. As soon as a player leaves Seattle they turn to pure gold.

Yep, the 8th inning bullpen proved a disaster. Very disappointing loss, especially with having to face DeGrom tomorrow.

And I'm glad Chris Taylor is playing really well. I knew he had a promising career ahead of him. Smoak's success this year is interesting. He was given every chance possible here but just never developed. He's a late bloomer with a lot of power who finally put it all together. Many guys also just cannot hit at Safeco, whether it's the atmosphere and air pressure here, the wind direction, the long fences, poor lighting perhaps or whatever other reason.

getnasty

Reaction score
Now 4.5 games back of the wildcard. It was a matter of time before a couple of those teams got hot, unfortunately it hasn't been the M's

Bobblehead

Reaction score
getnasty":3fsofzjc said:
Now 4.5 games back of the wildcard. It was a matter of time before a couple of those teams got hot, unfortunately it hasn't been the M's

Whats going to be infuriating is that we will miss the wild card by . a game or less.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Moves they have made so far have not upgraded the team to where it seems they are primed for a playoff run. They have pretty much written off any chances or belief they will be playing the postseason. The GM knows it. Phelps, Gonzales, and Ramirez are not putting the team over the top moves. They don't replace the void Smyly and Kuma left due to their injuries. They don't bolster a pitching staff that has been underwhelming all season. Adding a Mike Montgomery or someone like that would have been a better direction.

Jack Z put together a solid pitching staff but couldn't find any hitting. DiPoto is exactly the opposite.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Oh boy. Haniger just took a DeGrom fastball right in the face. Looks like it got him right on the nose/mouth. Poor Haniger is getting roughed up bad this year. This is bad.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fully alert, mouth contusion, sent to hospital for tests.
Kid can't catch a break.

sutz

Reaction score
That was scary with Haniger. I'd bet he'll miss a few days at least.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Gosh I feel bad for Haniger. He's gotten really beat up this year. Just hope he's ok. He's a tough kid.

Good win today. Gallardo with his 2nd straight nice outing. Big Maple on the hill tomorrow to go for the series win.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Good win today. Especially against DeGrom. He's a tough one to battle. You could tell in his post game presser that he feels awful about hitting Haniger. You could tell by his reaction on the mound as well. Man, that is just brutal.

And per Ryan Divish, Haniger is going to the DL and Leonys will be called up. Reports are saying Haniger has a very serious lip laceration that will require plastic surgery. A few of them are saying he could be out for the rest of the year

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Dj peterson dfa'd. Wow. Thought we could have got something for him. What a waste of a draft pick.

sutz

Reaction score
Pax isn't super sharp today, but so far keeping him in the yard and off the scoreboard.

Welcome back Martin, with a great catch in right and a home run his first AB.

getnasty

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3srm98bf said:
Dj peterson dfa'd. Wow. Thought we could have got something for him. What a waste of a draft pick.

While Peterson hasn't been good I don't get this move. Are you telling me he's best option?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":30gj0f0w said:
Glasgow Seahawk":30gj0f0w said:

While Peterson hasn't been good I don't get this move. Are you telling me he's best option?

Had to get rid of someone on the 40 man roster with the corresponding moves today. Peterson simply fell out of favor with the organization. Dipoto also traded away the 2014 #1 pick last fall. Jerry was clearly not a big fan of Jack Z's top selections.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Today is the deadline. There just isn't much in terms of starting pitching that is available. And the demand for starters is just so steep, not sure I see us making a move.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Well at least Sonny Gray is out of our division now

But yeah our rotation is set for the rest of the year. We are rolling with Felix, Paxton, Gallardo, Rameriz, and Miranda.