OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":26xjys9g said:
Uh-oh...Felix gives up two HR in two innings. Down 3-0. :34853_doh:
Looks like "bad Felix" showed up.
He is in love with his less than mediocre fastball and paying the price.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is likely where the season falls apart. We pretty much play the entire month of August on the road. Going with Ramirez and Gallardo as two starters can't be good. Only pitcher I ever feel confident taking the mound is Paxton, not really sure what to expect with Felix or Miranda.

This team has been right around .500 all year, the more I think about it, I think that is who we are. A very mediocre .500 team. At least we won't have to face Gray or Darvish in the division now. I'm not crazy about what we did at the deadline, but I'm glad we didn't what little prospects we have for a mediocre pitcher.

getnasty

Reaction score
Is it me or is Felixs career era in innings 1 and 2 like 8.00 and his era in innings 3 thru 9 like 1.00? He always sucks early in the game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":hvhqtw74 said:
Is it me or is Felixs career era in innings 1 and 2 like 8.00 and his era in innings 3 thru 9 like 1.00? He always sucks early in the game.

There's a lot of guys like that actually. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get comfortable mechanically and settle in a groove.

getnasty

Reaction score
Chance to gain a game on TB and KC tonight, let's get it done M's.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Nice win.. Phelps has been a pretty damn good pickup for us.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Nothing sweeter than watching Diaz blow a 100 mph fastball by Odor to end the game. Great comeback win. Robby with the clutch hit and Phelps dealt in relief. 2.5 behind KC now.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":35gl0r5h said:
It's because teams early on are sitting on his now below average fastball.
He needs to learn to pitch "backwards" to establish his curveball, slider, and change up (all of which are plus pitches) first, that will make his fastball much more effective.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Mariners need to send more people down to Tacoma on a regular basis.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Okay someone remind me why we have this clown at SS and Motter was sent down? He muffed a routine line drive to Texas lead off hitter... now he launches one to the moon over Valencia's head. Pretty sure Motter is way better

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":203490bc said:
Okay someone remind me why we have this clown at SS and Motter was sent down? He muffed a routine line drive to Texas lead off hitter... now he launches one to the moon over Valencia's head. Pretty sure Motter is way better

Unfortunately, Motter is a .200 hitter who needs to be in Tacoma to learn to hit to all fields and to get regular ABs. He's a pure dead pull hitter and got exposed badly this year. Because the club still has some hope for him he wasn't released.

Espinosa has also had a terrible year at the plate but he's an athletic infielder who is here just to finish the season in the backup utility role. He's a stopgap and a FA at the end of the year. He did have 24 hr last year so has some power.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hell, were getting killed by two slumping players with worse averages than Zunino.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What a game, just need to hold on here. With Sale having a bad outing today, Paxton now leads the AL in ERA. How about that throw by Dyson, no clue how Seager was able to hold onto it.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3tpcyvkv said:
What a game, just need to hold on here. With Sale having a bad outing today, Paxton now leads the AL in ERA. How about that throw by Dyson, no clue how Seager was able to hold onto it.

Absolutely sick throw by Dyson. Kid's got a hose.
Diaz throwing pure gas and gets it done. Getting very interesting in the WC race. 1.5 back of KC with a huge series coming up.

Random note: anyone else watching Root and getting absolutely sick of the 2 songs in that Alaska Airlines ad and the Century Link ad? 10x every game all year and they're awful tunes. And yes, I should just mute the commercials!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3vw15vpe said:

Espinosa is basically Motter's Tuffy Gosewich. He's not in there because he is better than Motter, he's there because Motter needs some time in Tacoma to firgure things out just like Zunino.

Jarrod Dyson was the savior tonight. Instead of Beltre facing Vincent who wasnt looking great with men on the corners, he has to face Diaz with nobody on. For as much as Diaz struggled early in the year, he has been pretty incredible lately.

Smellyman

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3pv58agy said:
Seahaaaawks":3pv58agy said:

Espinosa is basically Motter's Tuffy Gosewich. He's not in there because he is better than Motter, he's there because Motter needs some time in Tacoma to firgure things out just like Zunino.

Jarrod Dyson was the savior tonight. Instead of Beltre facing Vincent who wasnt looking great with men on the corners, he has to face Diaz with nobody on. For as much as Diaz struggled early in the year, he has been pretty incredible lately.

He isn't good, but they both aren't good. More like 1a and 1b, just that they don't want to give up on Motter.

Need Shawn O'Malley.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":d3udyzg9 said:

Holy CRAP, that Dyson-to-Seager play was so unbelievably perfect I couldn't help but re-watch the clip of it at least 20 times.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A sweep would be really nice, not expecting it, but if we can get it I'll take it.

Huge upcoming series with the Royals. Every time we get above .500 we go on a losing streak, hopefully that isn't the case this time.I'd be fine with a split in the Royals series. I kind of get the sense that it will be us and the Royals fighting for the second wild card. I don't see the Yankees falling out, especially with all the moves they just made.