2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":27b2bdh1 said:
A sweep would be really nice, not expecting it, but if we can get it I'll take it.

Huge upcoming series with the Royals. Every time we get above .500 we go on a losing streak, hopefully that isn't the case this time.I'd be fine with a split in the Royals series. I kind of get the sense that it will be us and the Royals fighting for the second wild card. I don't see the Yankees falling out, especially with all the moves they just made.
Well, Miranda starts tonight. He has his problems, but he's won more games than he's lost. The bullpen had a hiccup last night, but nobody's perfect. On the whole, they're pretty strong.

Yeah, Royals is a tough series, but that's the sked; all we can do it play it out. If our hitters stay on top of their games we have a shot, I think. It's a good time to play them, when we can have a direct impact on our standing in the WC hunt. We have several series coming up with teams we're competing with.

I know it's a long shot, but hey, teams have blown 15 game leads before. The M's had a wild streak back in the 90's IIRC. Maybe even Houston could be within reach.

:stirthepot:

;) Bottom line is that all the team can do is win games and series. The Baseball Gods will figure it out from there. :)

Giphy

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I give us almost zero chance at catching Houston. That ship sailed a long time ago. I do think Houston is in a bit of trouble, I was surprised they didn't add a starting pitcher at the deadline.

I'm still hesitant about this team though. The last two times we played teams that we were competing for the wildcard with, we lost both series at home to the Yankees and Royals.

If we can get Gallardo to continue pitching well I like our chances, he's put together a couple decent starts since he rejoined the starting rotation.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
sutz":jiuidxzw said:
I know it's a long shot, but hey, teams have blown 15 game leads before. The M's had a wild streak back in the 90's IIRC. Maybe even Houston could be within reach.

And the '95 Angles blew the whole 15 game lead using only the month of September! Anything is possible if you stop trying to beat the other team and concentrate on playing the best you possibly can. If you do that, the other team can only beat you if their best is better than your best.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":124b29e4 said:
Rangers apparently have short memories. These idiots keep testing Dyson.
IKR. :D Kid has a bionic arm.

:2thumbs:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Martin with an awesome throw tonight to get the assist. Threw it on a line all the way to 3rd from RF. Some serious arms with our outfielders.

Miranda keeping us in the game so let's get the bats going. Baltimore beating KC so we may have a great opportunity here.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah great throw by Martin, too bad Dyson couldn't catch that ball on the run.

sutz

Reaction score
Rain delay at 5-1 down. I guess they could call the game, right, if it doesn't stop?

sutz

Reaction score
sutz":mf0bye7i said:
Rain delay at 5-1 down. I guess they could call the game, right, if it doesn't stop?
Looks like they're going back out. Pazos on the mound. 2 outs in bottom of the 6th.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
With KC losing, we're still 1.5 back heading into this pivotal 4 game set. TB won tonight so they're 1/2 back. Here's our rotation matchups at KC this weekend:

Th: Gallardo v. Trevor Cahill (4.15 era)
Fr: Paxton v. Jason Hammel (4.75)
Sa: Felix v. Danny Duffy (3.42)
Su: Erasmo v. Ian Kennedy (4.60)

At minimum, we need to split to stay in the thick of the race. The bats need to come alive early but count on at least 1 game like today where they go flat. Advantage KC tomorrow and advantage us Fri. The other 2 matchups are close.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Really like how the M's are playing, they are not doing the bashing of the early season, but are maintaining a rather competitive field and seem to be one step ahead of their competition. This is a great way for them to build confidence in themselves in the long run.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1v94vd7y said:
The Mariners need to fire Jeff Fisher immediately.
Don't need to. Gamel shaved. That should break his ofer streak. :laugh:

Then he flied out to left. Hit it to the track, at least.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That will really suck if we lose the game because Pax couldn't cover home and catch the ball.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1bmpu1gc said:
That will really suck if we lose the game because Pax couldn't cover home and catch the ball.
Heredia comes through with an RBI double. :2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IS there a reason why they flip flopped the batting order of Segura and Gamel?

Latest posts