2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It was an impressive win, a win against one of the MLB's best. Very nice way to start the Season.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, great win! Felix pitched great against a very good lineup. Cruz with the dinger and Haniger going 3 for 3.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This has got to be one of the weirdest off days I can remember for the Mariners.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":4gt90v2w said:
This has got to be one of the weirdest off days I can remember for the Mariners.
I know. Such a stupid idea to give teams an off day on the second day of the season. I can't believe this schedule got approved.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1tontdnn said:

I have a theory on why M's got today off but it's off topic

anywho

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39w1s21r said:
Thepeelsessions":39w1s21r said:
Dang, just got the update that Zunino's been placed on the 10 day DL. So frustrating.
Yes it is.
Damn. That sucks. Well, Marjama had a good game Thurs. Is Freitas still on the 40?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Crizilla":5mo67xvq said:
Hawk-Lock":5mo67xvq said:

anywho

Because the schedule makers forgot Safeco has a roof when they scheduled an open date in case of a rainout on opening day.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It just doesn't make any sense to give rest on the second game of the season, not to mention it is in the middle of a series. I feel like off days should be for travel or in between series. Just some really dumb scheduling.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Paxton crapping the bed early. Fell behind counts early, and the hitters were sitting on the fastball.
Gotta pitch inside and mix up pitches better, and quit falling behind counts.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hani don't need no stink'n spring training..

OTOH

Big Maple .. well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Andrew Miller is tough, wish we had an absolute shut down guy like him in our own.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":w9xcs54f said:
It just doesn't make any sense to give rest on the second game of the season, not to mention it is in the middle of a series. I feel like off days should be for travel or in between series. Just some really dumb scheduling.

Its just in case of a delay for opening day. They cant give vouchers and move the game to after game 2, then the people who paid for opening day tickets get screwed out of an actuall opening day, so they leave the day between open just in case. It doesnt make sense for Seattle because there's a roof and the schedule makers are dumb.

Crizilla

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2ptiuxyl said:
Crizilla":2ptiuxyl said:
Hawk-Lock":2ptiuxyl said:

anywho

good friday?

no. Saudi Arabia's Prince visited seattle yesterday and that a lone caused lots of traffic and security. Figured they wouldnt want a baseball game in seattle the same day.

Anyways - Really hoping Seager and Healy wake up...especially with Cruz twisting his ankle.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":21grxycg said:
therealjohncarlson":21grxycg said:
Crizilla":21grxycg said:
Hawk-Lock":21grxycg said:

anywho

good friday?

no. Saudi Arabia's Prince visited seattle yesterday and that a lone caused lots of traffic and security. Figured they wouldnt want a baseball game in seattle the same day
Very well could be. Good theory.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Cruz will have an MRI on his sprained ankle tomorrow. He sprained it slipping on the dugout steps after his HR today. You can't make this stuff up. I swear, this team is not only getting bit hard by the injury bug, but this team also seems to suffer some of the most bizarre and far fetched injuries.