2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

replicant

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/980193403123113984[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Paxton was awful today. He pitched like a big maple bar and got eaten up by the Indians.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":327t61uw said:
Crizilla":327t61uw said:
therealjohncarlson":327t61uw said:
Crizilla":327t61uw said:
I have a theory on why M's got today off but it's off topic

anywho

good friday?

no. Saudi Arabia's Prince visited seattle yesterday and that a lone caused lots of traffic and security. Figured they wouldnt want a baseball game in seattle the same day
Very well could be. Good theory.

There is more off days in the first month of the season for all of mlb. Its CBA rules.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah handful of teams didn’t play their second game the day after the opener. I assumed it was left open for potential weather postponements of opener

sutz

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":12z49b1u said:
Slow starts in April continues for Seager... :oops:
He had a decent spring, too. :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Like I said earlier in the thread (or the other thread) Haniger rarely gives away AB’s when healthy.
He has a great mental approach to his AB’s. Great start for the team taking a series from a real good baseball team.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ruminator":o5lrwu3s said:
Thanks, Dee Gordon, for bringing a bit of FIRE to the M's clubhouse. Much welcomed.
Great Point. Love his energy and he looks like a natural centerfielder, plus he is hitting well.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":38xdairt said:
Ruminator":38xdairt said:
Thanks, Dee Gordon, for bringing a bit of FIRE to the M's clubhouse. Much welcomed.
Great Point. Love his energy and he looks like a natural centerfielder, plus he is hitting well.
Agreed! Love how fired up he was. That was a great opening series. Hopefully they can stay healthy this year

sutz

Reaction score
Well, at least we're going to San Francisco. Cruz wouldn't play much there anyway. ;)

I heard he was in the locker without the boot after today's game. Maybe it isn't too bad after all. Hard to not feel snake-bit though.

Haniger is hitting .625. Where's the guy who said he was a wasted roster spot? :laugh:

sutz

Reaction score
Oh, and a shout out to Leake. Got what we signed him for, an inning eating machine. 7 innings, 101 pitches, 2 runs. If he can do that 20-30 times he could win us some games.

Nothing flashy, just works through the order. Puts the ball in play and trusts his defense, and we have a pretty good defense out there. Looks like he could be a solid #3 for us. Good get.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
So really, the only really bad pitch this series was the pitch to Alanso for a Salami..not a bad start else whise.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":3j4iwi3l said:
Well, at least we're going to San Francisco. Cruz wouldn't play much there anyway. ;)

I heard he was in the locker without the boot after today's game. Maybe it isn't too bad after all. Hard to not feel snake-bit though.

Haniger is hitting .625. Where's the guy who said he was a wasted roster spot? :laugh:
:2thumbs:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Great opening series. The team feels different. Stay healthy is all I ask. Then we can see for sure how special they are.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice start to the season. After leaving a lot of guys on base early, they really got it rollin' yesterday. 3 one run games, and win the series vs. a contender? Heck yes.
Hanigar is a ridiculous talent too. A lot of options for this team on offense. Funniest part of the weekend was after that blow hard Jim Moore whined and moaned about Paxton being the starter on opening day, he was by far the worst of the 3 starters :roll: Dude is clueless. I'm not worried about Paxton, but sometimes his toughness seems to be in question.

Chapow

Reaction score
I think it's really likely that Paxton is the best pitcher on the team at this point despite his poor start on Saturday. When he was healthy last season, he looked like one of the best pitchers in the league.

Good start to the season in general though. That was a very good team and those were 3 very good starting pitchers they just took 2 out 3 from.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great start to the season. Lets not look too much into the first few games. I'd be shocked if Paxton struggles this season and Felix is lights out.

I heard Zunino should return once he is eligible to come. M's are suppose to make a decision on Cruz shortly.

On a side note, wasn't fun watching highlights yesterday and watching Smoak launch two home runs. Also was nice to see Rodney implode on the season opener and blow a save for the Twins.

I'd be shocked if the Astros don't win the division, that team is loaded. Gerrit Cole is basically an ace and they just added him to their staff. It just sucks that we are in the same division as them. Which basically gives us a shot at one of the two wild cards, and I'd assume one of the AL East teams will take one of those spots, basically leaving one spot for us to try for. I still have my doubts with the playoffs because of the competition in the AL, but there is still plenty of season left to be played.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I've noticed M's have lots of days off early in the season. They have another mid series off day on Friday. Strange.

And that was me who gave Haniger a hard time. Spring training doenst mean much in terms of wins and losses, but individual player stats mean a little. NFL especially. People go crazy in the pre season about who's playing well and who's not. Despite Haniger's great start it's still weird to me he flipped the switch like that. But then look at Seager. Played well in ST and only has 1 hit I think so far in the reg season. Healy with no hits yet. Part of me thinks it's mental. Maybe guys put too much pressure on themselves once the reg season starts and they play poorly OR as with Haniger, they play better when the real season starts. If Seager and Healy don't improve I will make sure to trash them as well maybe it will get them going.