OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Haniger with a bases loaded 2 rbi single in the first inning. :2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2m59zkfn said:
I've noticed M's have lots of days off early in the season. They have another mid series off day on Friday. Strange.

And that was me who gave Haniger a hard time. Spring training doenst mean much in terms of wins and losses, but individual player stats mean a little. NFL especially. People go crazy in the pre season about who's playing well and who's not. Despite Haniger's great start it's still weird to me he flipped the switch like that. But then look at Seager. Played well in ST and only has 1 hit I think so far in the reg season. Healy with no hits yet. Part of me thinks it's mental. Maybe guys put too much pressure on themselves once the reg season starts and they play poorly OR as with Haniger, they play better when the real season starts. If Seager and Healy don't improve I will make sure to trash them as well maybe it will get them going.
You did go crazy..That is ok Mitch loves you :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
Great way to start the season. 3-1. Haniger cooled off a bit, but still with 2RBI and a run scored. Seagar contributing to the hit parade, gotta love that.

And a shout out to Gonzalez. Pretty solid 6 innings, not bad for the #4 guy. ;)

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":15rotle4 said:
Great way to start the season. 3-1. Haniger cooled off a bit, but still with 2RBI and a run scored. Seagar contributing to the hit parade, gotta love that.

And a shout out to Gonzalez. Pretty solid 6 innings, not bad for the #4 guy. ;)
Excellent points. Wait until they get the 3 injured players back, Cruz, Zunino, and Gamel.’That’s a scary line-up!!!! :2thumbs:

Got to stay healthy!!!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":1djpzcz1 said:
I've noticed M's have lots of days off early in the season. They have another mid series off day on Friday. Strange.

MLB has put in all of these days off for potential weather postponements to allow make ups now instead of mid season

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners have a scary offense.

Last time mariners won 2 at home and lost one at home and then won road opener?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Evaluating this team after 4 games of a 162 game season is a bit like judging the Boston Marathon after the first 10 yards. Admittedly, these are excellent signs. I have to admit I'm finding myself encouraged. I recall that 1990 Reds team -- they started off the season winning their first 9 games and went on to win the World Series. Let's hope that this M's team can get on a bit of a roll to start the season and maintain some consistency. We'll see where this Mariners team is at on June 1st and especially after they've had a chance to face the rest of the AL West.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":8p1sdhib said:
Evaluating this team after 4 games of a 162 game season is a bit like judging the Boston Marathon after the first 10 yards. Admittedly, these are excellent signs. I have to admit I'm finding myself encouraged. I recall that 1990 Reds team -- they started off the season winning their first 9 games and went on to win the World Series. Let's hope that this M's team can get on a bit of a roll to start the season and maintain some consistency. We'll see where this Mariners team is at on June 1st and especially after they've had a chance to face the rest of the AL West.

We saw some of this potential last season as well when the team was relatively healthy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marco Gonzalez and whoever the #5 starter (Erasamo?) will be key to the season. Last season we got almost nothing from the back end of our rotation.

Also glad we are playing the Giants early in the season while they are pretty banged up as of now.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":st1k2qy6 said:
Marco Gonzalez and whoever the #5 starter (Erasamo?) will be key to the season. Last season we got almost nothing from the back end of our rotation.

Also glad we are playing the Giants early in the season while they are pretty banged up as of now.

Marco and Erasmo looked good last season, unfortunately they were forced to be the top of the rotation while Pax and Felix were hurt.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1ead7byc said:
Hawk-Lock":1ead7byc said:

Marco and Erasmo looked good last season, unfortunately they were forced to be the top of the rotation while Pax and Felix were hurt.
Very much this, with one exception. Marco was on his first year back from Tommy John surgery. He looks stronger, and especially looks like he has a decent cut fastball, and a good slider. Erasmo remains to be seen what he can contribute. Hearing the usual rosy talk about his progress, but what matters is what happens when his toe hits the rubber.

When your top two starters can't do 40 or 50 starts between them, the team is in trouble. 40 pitchers and 17 different starters used won't get a team anywhere. We actually didn't do too bad considering those numbers. :229031_shrug:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2uk4za37 said:
Hawk-Lock":2uk4za37 said:

Gonzalez was not good at all last season, hopefully this season is a different story.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bad Félix showed up today. Way too wild, got away from pitching backwards.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23rky5rq said:
Bad Felix? How can there be a bad Felix if there isn't a good Felix? His play today has been the norm for the last 2+ years. Nothing new.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":32xlxjeg said:
Sports Hernia":32xlxjeg said:
Bad Felix? How can there be a bad Felix if there isn't a good Felix? His play today has been the norm for the last 2+ years. Nothing new.
You kind of have a point. His fastball is a below average batting practice pitch. Needs to use his other plus pitches more, and less fastballs.

sutz

Reaction score
Definitely a wake-up call game. Pazos wasn't a lot better, though he did finally escape the inning. :34853_doh:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Couldnt the M's have waited until May to get us angry?

Bad Felix! No! Bad Felix! Time out time for Felix. Go sit in the corner

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sad to see a shell of a player. He wasted his tenure here on poop teams. So now he is mediocre while his offense is damn good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Paxton got rocked in his start. Should we give up on him too? I'll wait to judge on Felix. Guys get rocked, it happens.

sutz

Reaction score
Fertilizer occurs. SF had been on a cold streak of sorts with their bats. They woke up. This was actually only Felix's 5th start of spring training, basically. I try not to panic til May at least. ;)