2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2708iwaw said:
Another day another 1 run game. Had a great time at the stadium yesterday. This team is flat out different. Getting it done over and over again. Minus some major offensive pop. Colome' was a hell of a pick up, SO much better than NOcasio

Actually, Nicasio has turned it around and has the most holds in the AL, if not the league. Colomé hadf been struggling in TB. Now that Nicasio has founfd his way hands with the addition of Colomé the Mariners have a pretty deep and lethal BP.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can Felix get out of the first inning today without giving up too much? I hope so.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2faesobz said:
Can Felix get out of the first inning today without giving up too much? I hope so.

Maybe get a reliever to start.. Felix can come in the 2nd

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":zwd87h1j said:
Hawk-Lock":zwd87h1j said:

I actually like this idea..

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2rzyjq4c said:
Bobblehead":2rzyjq4c said:
Hawk-Lock":2rzyjq4c said:

I actually like this idea..

Tampa has been doing this.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
So i cant find the link but rumor is mariners are gonna try to trade for happ and Patrick Corbin.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2jblf6a2 said:
So i cant find the link but rumor is mariners are gonna try to trade for happ and Patrick Corbin.

yuck...Happ wasn't good in his first swing in Seattle. Who are they going to trade for them? The farm system is severely depleted as is. Honestly, they are winning right now with what they have no need to push the trade button.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2vb6nmmp said:

Rather have Corbin. Weird that they are after another lefty. Two different teams so it is either one or the other.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A few years ago Corbin was one of the best young arms in baseball and then injuries happened to him. Nice to see him bouncing back this season. He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation.

Felix totally imploded here, need the pen to bail out his bases loaded no outs situation.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1zpzs7c7 said:
A few years ago Corbin was one of the best young arms in baseball and then injuries happened to him. Nice to see him bouncing back this season. He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation.

Felix totally imploded here, need the pen to bail out his bases loaded no outs situation.

Zunino shit the bed twice in a row. Tie game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow what a weird series of events. Wild pitch and then a passed ball. It's funny because I thought the wild pitch was on Zunino and the passed ball was on Pazos.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Diaz' bad game is an anomaly tonight. Another disaster from Felix is the norm.

sutz

Reaction score
Felix appears to be a 5 inning pitcher. Either the 1st or the last of 6 innings and he sux. They should have him skip a start sometime. :229031_shrug:

The bullpen has been solid so far, one bad outing is no reason to panic. It does bite that we had a chance to overtake the 'Stros and dropped the ball. It's a long season. At least parts of the batting order are waking up.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sutz":2vbjypkc said:
Felix appears to be a 5 inning pitcher. Either the 1st or the last of 6 innings and he sux. They should have him skip a start sometime. :229031_shrug:

The bullpen has been solid so far, one bad outing is no reason to panic. It does bite that we had a chance to overtake the 'Stros and dropped the ball. It's a long season. At least parts of the batting order are waking up.

I agree Sutz. For me, that's the most disappointing thing about Felix this season. He just doesn't seem to have the endurance. It seems he's stuck in spring training mode. He used to be the one that consistently was out there for 7+ innings now he barely makes it to 5 innings. Hope he can snap out of whatever seems to be holding him back.

sutz

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2jf4so6r said:
sutz":2jf4so6r said:

I agree Sutz. For me, that's the most disappointing thing about Felix this season. He just doesn't seem to have the endurance. It seems he's stuck in spring training mode. He used to be the one that consistently was out there for 7+ innings now he barely makes it to 5 innings. Hope he can snap out of whatever seems to be holding him back.
I heard the term the other day. Every Felix start looks like a 'bullpen' day. The other starters have been going 6-7 on a regular basis. I was saying last season that Felix should probably not get more than 3-4 starts a month. I hate to say he's done, but if he can't get over thinking he can still throw a fastball by today's hitters, he won't make the transition to being a finesse pitcher. And if he doesn't or won't make that transition, he is done.

:229031_shrug:

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
sutz":t80zb3bj said:
hawkfan68":t80zb3bj said:
sutz":t80zb3bj said:

I heard the term the other day. Every Felix start looks like a 'bullpen' day. The other starters have been going 6-7 on a regular basis. I was saying last season that Felix should probably not get more than 3-4 starts a month. I hate to say he's done, but if he can't get over thinking he can still throw a fastball by today's hitters, he won't make the transition to being a finesse pitcher. And if he doesn't or won't make that transition, he is done.

:229031_shrug:

Long reliever/bullpen arm.