2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I agree with the people who say we should scrap/change the Kings court. Chanting 'K' isn't helping him when he needs to pitch to contact more. Must be awkward if your coach tells you one thing but the fans yell another.

sutz

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":6n8645mb said:
I agree with the people who say we should scrap/change the Kings court. Chanting 'K' isn't helping him when he needs to pitch to contact more. Must be awkward if your coach tells you one thing but the fans yell another.
They kind of tried by stopping the giving out of "K" cards to the court. It's kind of worn out its relevance. The Maple Grove is much more applicable now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The King's Court is a joke and embodies what I can't stand about the franchise. If we trade for a SP and Felix isn't the one to get knocked out of the rotation then that shows this team doesn't care about winning. For the most part, Felix has done okay this season but he runs into an inning or two every game that he gets hammered. I kind of felt bad for all those runs being charged to him but he did leave the bases loaded.

The entire bullpen was terrible last night. Anyone have the numbers on Diaz in non save situations? Not sure I agreed with the move to pitch him there. And what is going on with Zunino, he hasn't been all that great defensively this season. Was interesting to see the M's go with Haniger in CF rather than Span.

It is one loss and it wasn't a horrible one. We got to get the win today with our ace pitching.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ok so ive been hearing rumors that felix is a major alcoholic by ppl who used to "say" they worked in organization and others who knew his establishment.

Is this credible at all?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":13mf7kb0 said:
Hawk-Lock":13mf7kb0 said:
A few years ago Corbin was one of the best young arms in baseball and then injuries happened to him. Nice to see him bouncing back this season. He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation.

Felix totally imploded here, need the pen to bail out his bases loaded no outs situation.

Zunino shit the bed twice in a row. Tie game.
Yep he HAS to catch those pitches.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":19h0zgrq said:
Ok so ive been hearing rumors that felix is a major alcoholic by ppl who used to "say" they worked in organization and others who knew his establishment.

Is this credible at all?
It’s not the first or second time I’ve heard this. I call it Freddy Garcia syndrome.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":32rulyjg said:
Shanegotyou11":32rulyjg said:

Is this credible at all?
It’s not the first or second time I’ve heard this. I call it Freddy Garcia syndrome.
Well if thats true it could explain the rapid decline of his body to where it no
longer has the power and endurance which explains lower speeds on the fast ball
and the fact he no longer goes more than 6 innings ..Drinking will also affect the
decision making..This can also explain some of the things we are seeing from him
or not seeing.
I hope it's not true but you got to admit the situation with him is weird.
A guy that was a top 3 pitcher in baseball 3 yrs ago and suddenly he's on verge
of being a middle reliever?
If he was older I'd buy the age factor but that to me is not it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fa4ccq0 said:
Shanegotyou11":3fa4ccq0 said:

Is this credible at all?

Sorry im confused

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3f352xbv said:
Sports Hernia":3f352xbv said:
Shanegotyou11":3f352xbv said:

Is this credible at all?

Sorry im confused
Freddy Garcia was a well known boozehound.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":tdyp3ua1 said:
Rzepczynski is awful. Every time they bring him in it just feels like they're giving up on the game.
Him and Nicasio, which is Spanish for suck.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2nh8htxx said:
Rzepczynski is awful. Every time they bring him in it just feels like they're giving up on the game.
Yeah, it's frustrating. Not sure what's happened to him. He was lights out last year. Meanwhile, Erik Goeddel, with the Dodgers, has further lowered his ERA from 1.23 to 0.69 over 5.1 innings since being DFAd by Seattle. Considering who they elected to keep over Goeddel, that move made absolutely zero sense

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He gave up on Paxton too early for starters. He was at 89 pitches. He's the ace of this staff. Seems pretty common for Servais to give up on his starter too early. Let alone his lack of ability to handle the bullpen showed yet again.
Just my opinion, but he has a LONG way to go as a manager.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Let Paxton go atleast another batter or 2. Not go to Rzep with men on 2nd and 3rd in a close game, he is trash. Either leave Cook in, or go to literally anyone else.

Im not as down as a lot of people on Nicassio. He reminds me of Diaz last season. He's been very good at times but then just has horrible stretches. He was put in a bases loaded situation and gave up a hit but then was lights out.

Unfortunately we wasted a lot of our bullpen in Felix's start because Felix is awful.

Atradees

Reaction score
It beats having Gallardo and that other loser......

This staff is getting better. I thought Happ was good when we had him? That was a while ago.

There are some glaring holes.

Zunino is a bust. He is loading up on his swings. Bad plate discipline. An automatic out.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36po17q4 said:
Shanegotyou11":36po17q4 said:
Sports Hernia":36po17q4 said:
Shanegotyou11":36po17q4 said:

Is this credible at all?

Sorry im confused
Freddy Garcia was a well known boozehound.

I've also heard of Felix, Freddy and another player from Venezuela regularly boozin' back in the day at Tia Lou.

It wouldn't surprise me, TBH.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Atradees":3q74t2yh said:
It beats having Gallardo and that other loser......

This staff is getting better. I thought Happ was good when we had him? That was a while ago.

There are some glaring holes.

Zunino is a bust. He is loading up on his swings. Bad plate discipline. An automatic out.
Haha, Gallardo and Miley? Karns? Yeah, there have been some bad ones here lately. My memory of Happ sign an Ms uniform is kinda grey. I think he started out ok, but then just became an automatic loss.

Zunino's getting better (hopefully). He smacked two doubles last night. I think hitting the DL the day before the start of the season really messed with his progress. But I agree, he needs better plate discipline. It's the same story every year. Way too many swings and misses.