2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This meltdown tonight is why Diaz needs a viable 3rd pitch. Hitters are “sitting”’on pitches. If Diaz isn’t laser sharp with location he is hittible. The leadoff walk didn’t help things either.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I know he's just coming off his injury, but Dee looks terrible. 0-6 on the night. Weak swings, swings at trash pitches, piss poor body language. It's frustrating. He needs to get it together.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Diaz control problems....can't walk the first guy. Hanny bailing us out again.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice win. Elias was wild but effective. Excited about Marco tomorrow.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1002812638730993664[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1002814862014074880[/tweet]

Ruminator

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":8ioi62yd said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1002812638730993664[/tweet]

If he's in the line-up today, I think he'll make contact and get a hit or two.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He's been hitting all year right, probably the least one to worry about.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zfbcv4d said:
Now that Mark R is gone....I hope Nicasio is sent packing next.

He has been great as of late. No earned runs in his last 7 appearances. This was the Nicasio we were suppose to get from the start.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jq3b8ju said:
This meltdown tonight is why Diaz needs a viable 3rd pitch. Hitters are “sitting”’on pitches. If Diaz isn’t laser sharp with location he is hittible. The leadoff walk didn’t help things either.

Uhm, Diaz was turned into a RP because he couldn't develop a viable third pitch.

getnasty

Reaction score
1st and 3rd nobody out with our 3, 4, 5 hitters due up and we don't even get run. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

avengerboater

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":30ae23nf said:
First place in the AL West. Well, tied for first place.

Technically, we're a few fraction of a point ahead of Houston. So, yea...first place in AL West on June 2nd. I'll take it!

Hopefully, we'll make it through this brutal June schedule with at least a .500 record (in June). Houston's got a pretty cake-walk schedule in June, so we'll see what happens. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3sxb4795 said:
Sports Hernia":3sxb4795 said:

Uhm, Diaz was turned into a RP because he couldn't develop a viable third pitch.
Hmm, I thought it was because he can touch 100 on occasion and had a good slider?

Also he was supposed to be working on a third pitch last year.

It’s not that hard to come up with a new third pitch, I know a current highschool pitcher that didn’t like his circle change, and successfully started throwing a palm ball, to go with his average fastball and great curveball. If there is a will there is a way. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
avengerboater":2amo5pi4 said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2amo5pi4 said:
First place in the AL West. Well, tied for first place.

Technically, we're a few fraction of a point ahead of Houston. So, yea...first place in AL West on June 2nd. I'll take it!

Hopefully, we'll make it through this brutal June schedule with at least a .500 record (in June). Houston's got a pretty cake-walk schedule in June, so we'll see what happens. :irishdrinkers:
I’m really happy with the way they’ve been playing so far. The true test is coming up with a tough schedule against the top teams.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
And with tonight's win, and the Astros loss, the Mariners are suddenly in First Place. Go M's.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2y9dm50u said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2y9dm50u said:
Sports Hernia":2y9dm50u said:

Hmm, I thought it was because he can touch 100 on occasion and had a good slider?

It’s not that hard to come up with a new third pitch, I know a current highschool pitcher that didn’t like his circle change, and successfully started throwing a palm ball, to go with his average fastball and great curveball. If there is a will there is a way. :2thumbs:

Then you would be wrong. Diaz began as a starter and was turned into a reliever because of his inability to add to his arsenal of pitches. Besides, adding a pitch in HS is a lot different then adding one in MLB, don't you think? The quality of hitter may be a bit higher.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":7gm1jxqx said:
Sports Hernia":7gm1jxqx said:
TransGenderHawkFan":7gm1jxqx said:
Sports Hernia":7gm1jxqx said:

Then you would be wrong. Diaz began as a starter and was turned into a reliever because of his inability to add to his arsenal of pitches. Besides, adding a pitch in HS is a lot different then adding one in MLB, don't you think? The quality of hitter may be a bit higher.
This is true and when he was a starter in the minors his FB was not what you see today..
To me he is still learning and it's not easy as it seems to just go up and get 3 outs night after
night,I think it could be worse,i mean who was that goof that shot arrows?He scared me
more than Diaz ever has.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If Diaz could get another pitch,i want that forkball that Rivera had that dived in front of the plate.
If he had that..(Wow)

Latest posts