2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":ssc3s4tl said:
Baseball 101--never walk the guy in front of Trout. :34853_doh:
Baseball 101, stop pitching to Trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He’s the only guy on that team in that current lineup that can hurt you consistently, and you keep pitching to him.
Walk him, hit him, catcher inference him to first, I don’t care JUST STOP PITCHING TO HIM, LOL.

Pull the old Sparky Anderson move against superstar hitters. Tell em, “son, you ain’t hittin’ this series, enjoy first base!

Full disclosure: I respect the hell out of Mike Trout, he plays the game the right way and is a great guy, and he is DAMN good!
...but you don’t have to pitch to him. 8)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I see the Angels learned fast.. Walks Hani with 4 pitches.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
damn.. now Diaz has to face Trout.. walk him Diaz, just walk him

sutz

Reaction score
Colome channeling his inner Rodney. But he gets the flyout finally. :180670:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Gamel is so hot right now.

Shanegotyou11":10q6x3x9 said:
I think Facebook games are dumb. (Wed 1pm on Facebook) smh

Don't succumb and make an account to watch it. Find a stream elsewhere. Facebook is just trying to get everyone back after they were caught doing shady stuff. Not cool.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Crizilla":2vp5xc0g said:

Shanegotyou11":2vp5xc0g said:

Don't succumb and make an account to watch it. Find a stream elsewhere. Facebook is just trying to get everyone back after they were caught doing shady stuff. Not cool.

good call.. :(

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Diaz fanning Trout to get the save, perfect.

Haniger and Healy with 2 HRs each. Fantastic game for another series win!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Crizilla":2hj54p75 said:

Shanegotyou11":2hj54p75 said:

Even before this whole thing face book was starting to die and go the way of myspace anyways.... just be gone already

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":31z3ttod said:
Diaz fanning Trout to get the save, perfect.

Haniger and Healy with 2 HRs each. Fantastic game for another series win!
Even Trout can't reach his slider after all that high heat. :2thumbs:

Liking the return of Dee Gordon, too. He's been sleepwalking for a week or so. Single, advance to 2d on a little league error by the Angels, score on a Segura double. That's what he's supposed to do.

That Hanny to Segura putout at 2d base will be on the highlight reels for a while.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Another great game, starting to distance ourselves from the Angels. I know they are missing Othani and Simmons, but their lineup is not impressive. We need to pitch around Trout and pitch to the other guys. Could not believe Cook actually gave him a pitch he could hit after what he has done to us.

Hypothetically, if we were up only one with two outs going into the last inning and they had a runner on first, I'd think about walking Trout and moving the runner into scoring position.

This entire rotation has been nothing short of spectacular, expect for Felix. I know people say we don't have a better option to replace, but if he becomes a liability we may want to try seeing what Elias or Erasamo can offer. If no one can step up as the 5th starter, then may be time to trade for a starter and bump Felix out.

I still can't believe how great Haniger is. Nice to see Healy heating back up, he seems to be streaky. Lets get the sweep tomorrow.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2sg9xlph said:
Another great game, starting to distance ourselves from the Angels. I know they are missing Othani and Simmons, but their lineup is not impressive. We need to pitch around Trout and pitch to the other guys. Could not believe Cook actually gave him a pitch he could hit after what he has done to us.

Hypothetically, if we were up only one with two outs going into the last inning and they had a runner on first, I'd think about walking Trout and moving the runner into scoring position.

This entire rotation has been nothing short of spectacular, expect for Felix. I know people say we don't have a better option to replace, but if he becomes a liability we may want to try seeing what Elias or Erasamo can offer. If no one can step up as the 5th starter, then may be time to trade for a starter and bump Felix out.

I still can't believe how great Haniger is. Nice to see Healy heating back up, he seems to be streaky. Lets get the sweep tomorrow.

Yeah, Felix is a concern still and will be until he can remove his pride and either begin taking training seriously in the off-season or turn into a fitness pitcher. There is no way that he loses 6 to 8 mph off of his fastball that can't be traced back to his laziness towards his craft. I am still waiting for the addition by subtraction bullpen to start doing just that.

Chapow

Reaction score
The Mariners are just straight up fun to watch this season (with the notable exception of kind of dreading the first 2-3 innings every time Felix starts).

And I agree with Dave Valle and basically everyone here saying just don't even pitch to Trout anymore. Put him on and take your chances with literally anybody else. Having said that, that was a nice little "cherry on top" to see Diaz strike him out for the final out of the game. :D

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":ty8bvj6g said:
The Mariners are just straight up fun to watch this season (with the notable exception of kind of dreading the first 2-3 innings every time Felix starts).

And I agree with Dave Valle and basically everyone here saying just don't even pitch to Trout anymore. Put him on and take your chances with literally anybody else. Having said that, that was a nice little "cherry on top" to see Diaz strike him out for the final out of the game. :D

They have it ALL. Clutch lead-off hitter? Hi, Dee Gordon. All-purpose hitting all-star and RBI monster? Hi, Jean Segura. Monster hitters capable of blasting one in to the upper decks? See: Everyone else. Elite pitching? Paxton, Gonzales. Capable mid-rotation starters? Enter: Frenchy and Sparky. Elite bullpen? Check out Papa Paz (otherwise known as the one pitch flyout champion), and Chasen "Black Bear" Bradford. Elite closer? Diaz has been nails, with many close games saved.

Fielding has been excellent and at times spectacular. Haniger has made a habit of plucking base hits from the air with diving catches.

We've been treated to it all, folks. Who knows? Maybe this could be their year. If not, I'm just going to enjoy watching the best Mariners team in 17 years.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This team us fuun to watch. It sucks Houston is so good. I believe we will be in 2nd soon due to the schedule. Just keep close and let the schedule flip.

Houston plays one team over .500 until july 20th i heard. Smh

sutz

Reaction score
Loving the euphoria. But dayum, lotta baseball to go. Angels are feeling the injury bug right now, we'll see if they can come back as their roster replenishes. Houston has had some injuries, but are still strong.

I'm just enjoying the ride. :irishdrinkers:

Maulbert

Reaction score
I'm obviously incredibly cynical about the Mariners, I want to believe, I really do, but I've seen too many late season collapses to invest hope in them. That said, this team is incredibly fun to watch, even when they lose, and as much as everyone, including me, expects a regression to the mean, I find myself wondering, are these lucky wins breeding confidence which is actually turning the Mariners into a better team? Simply because with each passing win, they believe in themselves more and more? Or am I just nuts?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Good god I love watching Nelly crush homers. Knocked it all the way to the left field upper deck.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah Cruz is really fun to watch! Even when they don't go out of the park, he just crushes pitches!