2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
The look on Nellie's face after Vogie launched one into the Hit it Here Cafe.

:rofl: :laugh:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sutz":1ctmsg6t said:
The look on Nellie's face after Vogie launched one into the Hit it Here Cafe.

:rofl: :laugh:

M's announcer: hjdkasbdfkjhasbfajhk @DanielVogelbach goes OVER the Hit It Here Café for a solo shot. That was PUNISHED.

A's announcer: Pagan gives up another homer vs. his former team, this time it's Vogelbach. 10-7 Mariners lead. They've hit four HRs tonight.

LOL
Never mind that, that ball was just killed.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This offense is scary good. I mean scary.

Needs pitching. Reminds me of 1990s mariners.

8-4 boys!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, this is the problem with offense vs defense. Felix is throwing a gem, 2 runs, a few hits, and 7 Ks through 6.

The offense hasn't figured Manaea out yet. 2 hits. At least we got a Motter homer and hair flip. Just like old times, Felix pitches a gem and the offense stays home.

:34853_doh:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wait till the Oak bullpen comes..We have a shot still to win for sure.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Felix is having one of his best outings but no run support.

Also, who do we send down when everyone gets healthy? Zunino, Gamel and Healy should all be back soon. I'd assume one of the catchers, and Motter will get sent down, but who will the third be? Ichiro should be that guy, but I doubt the team will do that. I'm sure Ichiro was given some kind of assurance when he signed that he wouldn't be demoted or cut.

sutz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1eugsucj said:
Wait till the Oak bullpen comes..We have a shot still to win for sure.
Well, unless we starting working the count on Manaea, he'll go CG on us. :34853_doh:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I thought he was safe, but that might be one of those plays where you stick with the original call on the field.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3jjelhph said:
I thought he was safe, but that might be one of those plays where you stick with the original call on the field.
It looked like a tie to me, and there isn't really a "tie goes to the runner" rule in the book. Not definitive enough to overturn.

I'm not so sure it would have changed much. An extra out right there might have enabled us to push another run over, but the M's weren't hitting anything today.

Hell, I think the bogus balk call on Felix earlier was a worse call. Felix had the guy picked off and the umps forced a redo.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Umps cost the mariners. I know the hitting was locked up but some bad calls changes the game.

The fake balk. It rattled felix. If that doesn't happen it might be a 1-0 win. Dee was safe.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i didnt see the balk but with Gordon since the original call was out, there wasnt enough evidence to over turn it. If he was called safe, it would have stayed that way too. Tough loss but the first real measuring stick for this team is this next series against Houston. Good news is Verlander won't pitch in the series.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":tnlq7tue said:
i didnt see the balk but with Gordon since the original call was out, there wasnt enough evidence to over turn it. If he was called safe, it would have stayed that way too. Tough loss but the first real measuring stick for this team is this next series against Houston. Good news is Verlander won't pitch in the series.
Thought the field umps and NY blew the Gordon call but it was a bang bang play.
Not enough offense is why they lost today though. Saw a lot of hard hit balls right at A’s fielders today.
Chalk it up to their starter being on and ours made one more bad pitch. Felix pitched great outside of the 3-0 batting practice fastball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A loss but a great game from our 5th starter...

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I hope Diaz can keep this up all year. He is practically unhittable right now.

Another very good start for Paxton.

And we're ahead of the Astros for 2nd in the division!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Wow, how good is Diaz anyway? That slider of his is a monster. There is so much lateral movement to it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is fricken locked in. The Astro's are a hell of a team. Just a great pitching duel yesterday. It's extremely important to win games vs. Houston imo. They have owned the M's for a long while now.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2l2f5eox said:
He is fricken locked in. The Astro's are a hell of a team. Just a great pitching duel yesterday. It's extremely important to win games vs. Houston imo. They have owned the M's for a long while now.
We need to dominate the whole west division