2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
adeltaY":3gaurex0 said:
That Padres loss though :mrgreen:
Ugh, can't stand the Astros. That was unbelievable.

That kind of idiocy reminds me of when Norichika Aoki let a routine fly ball bounce right in front of him in left field. There was two outs and the Ms had a multi run lead. That blunder sparked a Brewers comeback win.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Looks like the new Angel pitcher is taking awhile to learn the system...

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3e4axm73 said:
The silver side is the other 3 on DL are about to come off soon and VB gets playing time.
True. And I am looking forward to see what Vogelbach has with a little extended PT

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1oyc8vsl said:
IndyHawk":1oyc8vsl said:
The silver side is the other 3 on DL are about to come off soon and VB gets playing time.
True. And I am looking forward to see what Vogelbach has with a little extended PT
Kid had a great spring, and has already connected on some good hits. Much better than last season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marco got off to a rough start but settled down a bit, surprised to see him taken out so early but I understand. I just don't see what is so great about him. His stuff looks so average, if he can't command his pitches he isn't going to be around long.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whole lot of suck going on tonight, can’t hit, can’t pitch.
Motter is pitching that’s how bad it is tonight LOL.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ouch. That game hurts. Especially with the Astros and Angels looking like goliaths at the moment. This is exactly what happens when your team is built around shoddy pitching and streaky hitting.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10xkf61d said:
Whole lot of suck going on tonight, can’t hit, can’t pitch.
Motter is pitching that’s how bad it is tonight LOL.

Motter with the strikeout is hilarious.

sutz

Reaction score
Much better outing. Felix with 6+ strong. Segura almost goes for the cycle. 8-3 win. Diaz even pitched a strong inning in non-save situation. Needed the work. Seagar doubled, but that's about it.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1r5zvuhw said:
Much better outing. Felix with 6+ strong. Segura almost goes for the cycle. 8-3 win. Diaz even pitched a strong inning in non-save situation. Needed the work. Seagar doubled, but that's about it.
It will be even nicer when they get the 4 injured starters back. :)

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":zwtdrbhq said:
sutz":zwtdrbhq said:
It will be even nicer when they get the 4 injured starters back. :)
In any sport, the first few games can be pretty unpredictable. :229031_shrug:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Motter isn't doing well, but I disagree with Servais to pinch hit Vogelbach for Motter right there. Worst case scenario with bases loaded and 1 out is a double play. What happened? Vogelbach grounds into a double play on first pitch. In that situation you don't want a guy who's a slow runner at the plate. Why Servais, why? What happened to small ball?

Nicasio just got out of a huge jam. Nice.

Seager with a huge homer. Diaz with the save. 6-4 first 10 games...i'll take it.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":d1a5u0mg said:
Motter isn't doing well, but I disagree with Servais to pinch hit Vogelbach for Motter right there. Worst case scenario with bases loaded and 1 out is a double play. What happened? Vogelbach grounds into a double play on first pitch. In that situation you don't want a guy who's a slow runner at the plate. Why Servais, why? What happened to small ball?

Nicasio just got out of a huge jam. Nice.

Seager with a huge homer. Diaz with the save. 6-4 first 10 games...i'll take it.
Yeah, Motter is really struggling. Picking up right where he left of last season. It's a shame. Good to see Nicasio work out of a big jam. He's had somewhat of a rough but start, so it was good for him to keep things in check. I really hope Servais will start to use LeBlanc more though. And Seager seems to be heating up! Good stuff