2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3bqpg38v said:
SeatownJay":3bqpg38v said:
Hey, winning 60% of their games for the whole season will result in a 97-65 record.

Playoffs!
I know you guys are joking, but we'll know a lot more by the end of next week. If we can hold serve against the Astros, we'll have a shot.

:179422:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":3dxsjf9o said:
Shanegotyou11":3dxsjf9o said:
SeatownJay":3dxsjf9o said:
Hey, winning 60% of their games for the whole season will result in a 97-65 record.

Playoffs!
I know you guys are joking, but we'll know a lot more by the end of next week. If we can hold serve against the Astros, we'll have a shot.

:179422:

Actually if the mariners can get healthy and stay healthy and the starting pitching is ok, I think playoffs are a good chance.

I guessed them around 90 wins if that happened.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Solid win. The offense is gonna be special this yr. Decent pitching and I think we get in.

sutz

Reaction score
So, everybody is on board again? :laugh:

Big series coming up Mon with the 'Stros. Let's see how rosy we are after that.

:242735:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
sutz":w8ldvmo2 said:
So, everybody is on board again? :laugh:

Big series coming up Mon with the 'Stros. Let's see how rosy we are after that.

Haha, I hear you. Any series against the pesky 'Stros can be enough to make you hate Mariners baseball if you let it.

Aside from two of the four losses, this team has looked darn good. The bats can still be streaky and the rotation is still suspect, and hearing that Miranda will most likely be called up until little squatty returns is not assuring one bit. But if the pitching can find a way to rise to the occasion and the bats can hit consistently like they should be able to, they'll be in the playoff hunt in September.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great game last night. Leake wasn't his best, but did enough to keep us in the game. Seager is really heating up, might be the hottest hitter on the team right now. Nice to see Vogelbach get his first major league home run.

Lets see what Gonzalez can do tonight, I have my doubts about him. I'm confident in Paxton and Leake, but really don't know what to expect with the other two starting pitchers.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I jusy realized they dont have another off day until the 30th. 17 straight games. Making up for all those early off days.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2ml5fy1i said:
I jusy realized they dont have another off day until the 30th. 17 straight games. Making up for all those early off days.
Yeah, and much of it on the road. Will be a good early test. Schedule-wise, we hit the jackpot this year, though. No travel east of the Mississippi after the All Star break.

sutz

Reaction score
Worst challenge I've ever seen. Instead of giving up one run and out of the inning, Servais leaves two men in scoring position and their best hitters coming up. And cost Gonzalez 15 extra pitches. Nice way to give Oakland some momentum. It should be 5-1 now.

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3jycdicn said:
Worst challenge I've ever seen. Instead of giving up one run and out of the inning, Servais leaves two men in scoring position and their best hitters coming up. And cost Gonzalez 15 extra pitches. Nice way to give Oakland some momentum. It should be 5-1 now.

Yeah that one backfired. Don’t look now but Haniger is leading the league in RBI.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We might have the best offense in baseball when we are fully healthy. Haniger with another homer. On a side note, Marco hasn't looked like an MLB starter since his nice first game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Dee is to the M's exactly what the Hawks hoped Harvin would have been to the Hawks and never was..

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":v9h43jq4 said:
Dee is to the M's exactly what the Hawks hoped Harvin would have been to the Hawks and never was..
Yep, hits for average, cheetah on the bases, loves to torture the pitchers. Looking like a real "straw that stirs the drink" kind of guy.

And with Dee and Segura leading off, lots more opportunities for our 3-5 guys with men on base. Maybe DiPoto isn't an idiot.

;)

Crizilla

Reaction score
sutz":1dn6hzv2 said:

The idea was to have Gonzalez get the next batter out to keep the 3-0 lead. Yeah it backfired but I don't think it was that bad of a challenge

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
The A’s are like the turd that won’t flush... they won’t go away. Vincent stinks, still and always in my book.