2nd Round, Pick #49 Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

bmorepunk

Reaction score
mikeak":2oqtzd1c said:
bmorepunk":2oqtzd1c said:
I hate this pick. Bad trade value. Arizona picked a much better player. Same exact player as Jeff Feagles.

You mean Arizona's pick at the end of the first round was better than a middle second round pick?

On paper that makes sense but we didn't want that player back then so irrelevant

The Jeff Feagles reference should have exempted me from having to use the sarcasm emoticons.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
bmorepunk":k7wxp8cx said:
I hate this pick. Bad trade value. Arizona picked a much better player. Same exact player as Jeff Feagles.

For those of you that don't understand, bmorepunk is trolling the idiots that were all over the Hawks for trading to 31 and drafting Ifedi yesterday and not draftind Nkedmichke or however the hell you spell it. Well done bmorepunk.

vonstout

Reaction score
Love the fact that he brought skittles out to the podium!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Awesome pick....Mebane's replacement has arrived! So far the draft is working out like a charm.

kf3339

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":u6mx3yam said:
Didn't see his name on anyone's lists around here.

Did I miss it? Or was he not expected to fall this far?

I don't think anyone, and I mean anyone expected Reed to get past the 20th pick in the first round. To get him at 49 is just nuts! How can anyone not like it?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
From ESPN Draft tracker:

What he brings:
Reed is the best run-stopping defensive tackle in this class. He plays with excellent leverage and has the anchor, along with the upper-body power, to eat up space as a two-gapper at the next level. He shows heavy and active hands discarding blocks when tied up in a phone booth. He doesn't have great production as a pass-rusher, but he wasn't asked to rush the passer within his defensive scheme at Alabama. Reed has shown the ability to push the pocket from the interior. He will instantly upgrade the interior of the defensive line. -- Kevin Weidl

How he fits:
The 19th ranked player on our board and the top available player, Reed is an excellent value. He also fills a need as Seattle needed to add depth at defensive tackle with Brandon Mebane signing with San Diego and Jordan Hill battling a toe injury late in the 2015 season. Reed is an outstanding run defender whose toughness and strength make him a good for Seattle's stout front, plus he has some upside as a pass-rusher. -- Steve Muench

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bmorepunk":3qyx3cp7 said:
mikeak":3qyx3cp7 said:
bmorepunk":3qyx3cp7 said:

You mean Arizona's pick at the end of the first round was better than a middle second round pick?

On paper that makes sense but we didn't want that player back then so irrelevant

The Jeff Feagles reference should have exempted me from having to use the sarcasm emoticons.

FWIW I thought it was indication enough.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3ozkmfz8 said:
bmorepunk":3ozkmfz8 said:

For those of you that don't understand, bmorepunk is trolling the idiots that were all over the Hawks for trading to 31 and drafting Ifedi yesterday and not draftind Nkedmichke or however the hell you spell it. Well done bmorepunk.

Maybe they'll just keep trolling out of here :)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":27me3c1f said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":27me3c1f said:
bmorepunk":27me3c1f said:

Maybe they'll just keep trolling out of here :)

Gotta keep it light. It got angry for no good reason last night.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ij5ufsc said:
I actually didn't even scout this guy at all.

Me either. I think most people didn't think he would last this long so didn't bother looking too closely at him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Didn't know anything about him before this pick but from what I've read above he sounds like a good fit for us....unless Cable's going to try to make him a center or something.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I would have been thrilled if you told me yesterday that Reed/Ifedi would be our first two selections. I just would have expected them in the other order.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Apparently, this is why he fell to us. And yeah, with our rotation, shouldn't be an issue at all.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Derekk0203/status/726212047436808192[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/726212182497701888[/tweet]

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Even if he's just ("just") Brandon Mebane but younger and cheaper, this is still a great pick.