#4 in Power Rankings

BigMeach

Reaction score
Narniaman":10siyji4 said:
Hmmm. . . Arizona Cardinals. . . .

Isn't that the team that has the same number of playoff wins (six) in their 95 year history that Russell Wilson has in his first three years in the NFL???

/End Thread

Barakas

Reaction score
AZ_fan":sbxfoolh said:
Hawkpower":sbxfoolh said:
AZ_fan":sbxfoolh said:
"This team is on a roll and no one wants to see them in January at Centurylink Field" is what it should say. ;)

Good thing we don't have to worry about that happening...

Grats on cracking the top 5.

This team plays better on the road this year. But feel free to hang your hopes on old stereotypes. :D

For someone who "supposedly" isnt worried about the Seahawks, you sure spend a lot of time trying to convince us we aren't all that great..

I feel great man... I'd be worried about traveling to Seattle. Give me the Seahawks in Glendale any day. (Last year's loss with Palmer on IR doesn't count LOL) :th2thumbs:

Glendale has such a great home field advantage too...oh wait, does it...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ir-tickets

How much are those playoff game tickets going to sale for?

Vetamur

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3viczviz said:
"This team is on a roll and no one wants to see them in January at Centurylink Field" is what it should say. ;)

Might want to throw away your 2007 calendar....

Rob12

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2fcp3ews said:

Lot of confidence from you.

I'd love to go to Glendale for a playoff game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
There are 4 teams in the NFC this year with the potential to win it all. There are going to be some classic playoff games this year. Classics like going back a decade or two, like the Packers-49ers-Cowboys playoff rivalries, with Farve, Aikman, and Montana/Young at the controls. Now it's the Seahawks and Packers, with the Panthers and Cardinals also joining the group this year. Now at the helm, Wilson, Rodgers, Newton, and Palmer. All of them have played at an elite level this year.

Aside from NE, and maybe Pitt, I don't see much on the AFC side, unless Dalton heals quickly for Cincy.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Narniaman":3hufas69 said:
Hmmm. . . Arizona Cardinals. . . .

Isn't that the team that has the same number of playoff wins (six) in their 95 year history that Russell Wilson has in his first three years in the NFL???

He just won the thread, hands down....

:229031_cheers:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
CallMeADawg":30f0vy0m said:
AZ_fan":30f0vy0m said:
As I said in the other thread... blowing us out without Carson would be like blowing out the Seahawks with Tavaris... it just doesn't hold water although if you feel better with the W more power to ya. I think we both know the 2015 Cardinals are the best team to come out of Arizona in a long time.

Hmmm, okay. Let's chat about this then:

34-22 SEA QB = Carson Palmer:
http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscor ... 2013101701

Here is a good clip from the game, if you didn't catch it:
[youtube]vmelivYV5cc[/youtube]

When did you start watching the Cards?

Aw, come on now. a 28-6 lead with a full TEN MINUTES left in the fourth quarter isn't that bad, is it? Is it? I mean, it's not Russell-Wilson-in-the-playoffs good, but it's pretty good, I think.

themunn

Reaction score
AZ_fan":175wf74o said:
We are talking about a team that just went over a lifetime .500 (313-312) ummmm... like last week?

As opposed to the Cardinals, who haven't had a lifetime win % over 0.500 since 1931?
Not surprising given they've only had 8 winning seasons since the Seahawks were formed - less than the Seahawks have had since they rejoined the NFC and get to beat down Arizona twice a year! Maybe we should exclude those wins because it's not fair that the Cardinals don't get to play against themselves for 2 easy games every year

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2vdrl2y3 said:
We are talking about a team that just went over a lifetime .500 (313-312) ummmm... like last week?

Pot meet kettle?
Not even close, Sparky.

Cardinals all-time franchise W-L record........ drum roll please.

533 - 723 - 39

Kaa-Lang goes the cymbal... lol.

A full 190 games below .500.

Consider this for a moment... even if the Cardinals were to average 10-6 every year for the next 45 years straight, they would still be 10 games below .500.

Care to comment now, Sparky?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":27mnbu03 said:
AZ_fan":27mnbu03 said:
As I said in the other thread... blowing us out without Carson would be like blowing out the Seahawks with Tavaris... it just doesn't hold water although if you feel better with the W more power to ya. I think we both know the 2015 Cardinals are the best team to come out of Arizona in a long time.

LOL... when did you start referencing 2013 when talking about 2015?

This Cardinals team isn't the same... and neither is your Seattle team.

Keep living in the past though... nothing wrong with it I guess. Cowboys fans do it...

Hawkpower":27mnbu03 said:
Most AZ fans I know down here in the valley (there are 4 or 5 of them) are praying Carolina beats us in round two, as they would rather play Carolina on the road than Seattle at home.

You will never admit it, especially with the brave face you are putting on here, but deep in your heart, you may (or should) be wishing for that too.

Hey I will admit it.....I think Seattle is the better team, but I would rather play quite a few teams in the playoffs before playing a healthy AZ team.

If your basis for being a better team is wins over Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Baltimore... good for you. I guess the turnaround began with the 39-32 loss at home to Arizona? That was a nice 2nd half.. I'll give Seattle credit.

anonFAFA":27mnbu03 said:
I've come to the conclusion that he's here trolling.

Not at all... Someone saying things you don't agree with doesn't make them a troll AFAIK.

onanygivensunday":27mnbu03 said:
AZ_fan":27mnbu03 said:

Pot meet kettle?
Not even close, Sparky.

533 - 723 - 39

Consider this for a moment... even if the Cardinals were to average 10-6 every year for the next 45 years straight, they would still be 10 games below .500.

Yeah I'll comment... LOL... does anyone care? I sure don't. What was the NFL like in 1920 anyway? Be proud of your team that just hit .500 last week... after 39 years of existence.

I think we both know that the 5-6 good seasons you've had (I'm too lazy to check out every year but I'm talking about 2005 and 2012-2015, I'm sure there were a couple more somewhere) don't offset the 30 years of mediocrity... but at least your .500...

You definitely got me on this one... The Chicago Cardinals sure were garbage back when Wilson (I'm talking about Woodrow) was president.

*yawn*

Be nice guys! Jeez! LOL

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Seattle has made the playoffs NINE TIMES since 2003. This year will be 10 of 13 years.

If you're gonna talk smack or troll or whatever you're doing, you should do a little bit of research.

idahohawk

Reaction score
It's called passive aggressive condescension.

chevelle03":3iu3o6h0 said:
AZ_fan":3iu3o6h0 said:
2Cool4School":3iu3o6h0 said:
AZ_fan":3iu3o6h0 said:

We can beat AZ on the road too it doesnt matter, lets see carson win a playoff game.

Is a 2005 and 2009 playoff loss with Cincinnati really relevant here?

I just don't see it... when was the last time they won a playoff game? 1988?

When was the last time Arizona won a playoff game?

Your posts come off as if you are a fan of an established winning franchise. 'Grats' on winning more than 10 games in a season for 2 consecutive years but your team has done nothing other than a blip on the radar super bowl appearance surrounded by years of losing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1stfwxqg said:
CallMeADawg":1stfwxqg said:

LOL... when did you start referencing 2013 when talking about 2015?

This Cardinals team isn't the same... and neither is your Seattle team.

Keep living in the past though... nothing wrong with it I guess. Cowboys fans do it...

Hawkpower":1stfwxqg said:
Most AZ fans I know down here in the valley (there are 4 or 5 of them) are praying Carolina beats us in round two, as they would rather play Carolina on the road than Seattle at home.

You will never admit it, especially with the brave face you are putting on here, but deep in your heart, you may (or should) be wishing for that too.

Hey I will admit it.....I think Seattle is the better team, but I would rather play quite a few teams in the playoffs before playing a healthy AZ team.

If your basis for being a better team is wins over Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Baltimore... good for you. I guess the turnaround began with the 39-32 loss at home to Arizona? That was a nice 2nd half.. I'll give Seattle credit.

anonFAFA":1stfwxqg said:
I've come to the conclusion that he's here trolling.

Not at all... Someone saying things you don't agree with doesn't make them a troll AFAIK.

onanygivensunday":1stfwxqg said:

Pot meet kettle?
Not even close, Sparky.

533 - 723 - 39

Yeah I'll comment... LOL... does anyone care? I sure don't. What was the NFL like in 1920 anyway? Be proud of your team that just hit .500 last week... after 39 years of existence.

I think we both know that the 5-6 good seasons you've had (I'm too lazy to check out every year but I'm talking about 2005 and 2012-2015, I'm sure there were a couple more somewhere) don't offset the 30 years of mediocrity... but at least your .500...

You definitely got me on this one... The Chicago Cardinals sure were garbage back when Wilson (I'm talking about Woodrow) was president.

*yawn*

Be nice guys! Jeez! LOL

My "basis" for having the better team is the fact that....well....Seattle has always had the better team. Haven't always played like it this year, but winners always shine when it matters most.

Yes, wins over playoff teams like Pittsburgh and Minnesota is part of my proof that Seattle is back on track, why wouldnt it be? Your belittling of those wins is head scratching. There are like 8 good teams in the NFL this year and those are 2 of them.....

Hawks have held leads in 61 straight games. That is dominance. You relish the potential of playing them in the playoffs?

LOL!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
No one has mentioned the 58-0 touch up of the dodo birds Russ' rookie year. Who cares about Arizona fans? This guys' posts are toolish. He doesn't care about his team being sub .500 after 90+ years but he'll try and rip for for actually being over .500? Come on. Get out of here, clown.

Palmer is nearing his retirement. Russ is entering his prime. Let this guy talk his shit to hear his own head rattle. No one here should bat an eyelash because we already know Arizona is not going to 50.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2c20q808 said:
No one has mentioned the 58-0 touch up of the dodo birds Russ' rookie year.

Haha... Yeah... Like half our current team wasn't on that squad... Didn't have Arians... Palmer was on the Raiders and our QB was a scrub named Skelton.

Grats on that win though. Since you like to live in the past here you go... Same season week 1?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201209091 ... &tab=recap

Wilson's first game? A loss?

Nobody cares because none of this garbage is relevant to 2015.

KARAVARUS":2c20q808 said:
No one here should bat an eyelash because we already know Arizona is not going to 50.

I'm bookmarking this so we can revisit this thread in a month.

Regarding the post above this one... There is no trolling here but rather than post scores from 3 years ago when our QB was on another team as well as our coach maybe try posting someone more relevant... Like how Arizona is 2-1 vs Wilson and Seattle 2013-2015 with Palmer... grats though on being 2-0 last season against our grocery bagging backup QBs. Palmer going down at 9-1 was the best thing that could have happened to your 6-4 team...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2ldtx8wq said:
KARAVARUS":2ldtx8wq said:
No one has mentioned the 58-0 touch up of the dodo birds Russ' rookie year.

Haha... Yeah... Like half our current team wasn't on that squad... Didn't have Arians... Palmer was on the Raiders and our QB was a scrub named Skelton.

Grats on that win though. Since you like to live in the past here you go... Same season week 1?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201209091 ... &tab=recap

Wilson's first game? A loss?

Nobody cares because none of this garbage is relevant to 2015.

KARAVARUS":2ldtx8wq said:
No one here should bat an eyelash because we already know Arizona is not going to 50.

I'm bookmarking this so we can revisit this thread in a month.

Regarding the post above this one... There is no trolling here but rather than post scores from 3 years ago when our QB was on another team as well as our coach maybe try posting someone more relevant... Like how Arizona is 2-1 vs Wilson and Seattle 2013-2015 with Palmer... grats though on being 2-0 last season against our grocery bagging backup QBs. Palmer going down at 9-1 was the best thing that could have happened to your 6-4 team...

Please do bookmark it. Once again, lots of confidence from you for unwarranted reasons.

By the way, Our "6-4" team went 12-4, 8-0 down the stretch. To attribute us crushing our opponents on the way to another Super Bowl to Palmer's knee is just about as dumb of a thing as I have read on here

Some teams are built for September greatness. Others win when it counts.

Just like this year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1j7wqt3l said:
No one has mentioned the 58-0 touch up of the dodo birds Russ' rookie year. Who cares about Arizona fans? This guys' posts are toolish. He doesn't care about his team being sub .500 after 90+ years but he'll try and rip for for actually being over .500? Come on. Get out of here, clown.

Palmer is nearing his retirement. Russ is entering his prime. Let this guy talk his shit to hear his own head rattle. No one here should bat an eyelash because we already know Arizona is not going to 50.
:th2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Can somebody((MOD)) tell the bozo to take the smack talk to the shack please. Heck, even ringless knows where banter like this belongs.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":38lza9pb said:
Please do bookmark it. Once again, lots of confidence from you for unwarranted reasons.

By the way, Our "6-4" team went 12-4, 8-0 down the stretch. To attribute us crushing our opponents on the way to another Super Bowl to Palmer's knee is just about as dumb of a thing as I have read on here

Some teams are built for September greatness. Others win when it counts.

Just like this year.

Right... Because there was every reason to believe our team that was 9-1 with Palmer would have finished 2-4 with him like we did with the backups?

4-2 down the stretch last season wins the division and puts Seattle in a wild card.

"Just like this year."

What is this unwarranted confidence you speak of? I find that hilarious given the fact Seattle has NEVER went to the Super Bowl via a win outside of CLink... But now you are gonna win 3 on the road against the NFC's best?

Ballsy no doubt.

My confidence is unwarranted? What are we with Palmer anyway? 20-3 the last 2 seasons?

Ok man. Whatever you say.