#4 in Power Rankings

AZ_fan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":fpm9h68h said:
No offense taken but what should scare the crap out of you is Wilson can throw from the pocket now. That has been his only weakness since he came in the nfl, that and our oline is good, maybe even great. We are giving him time to throw and running all over teams. What weaknesses do you see on this team? 2nd in total defense and 6th in total offense. You guys are 9th on total defense and just lost your best player on defense. Good luck trying to stop us. :th2thumbs:

From NFL.com...

You are 5th in offense and 2nd in defense.

We are 1st in offense and 7th in defense.

Flip a coin?

As for weaknesses... can I start with the lack of a run game? Or is there some 100% guarantee that Lynch comes back in full Beast Mode status?

If he doesn't then what? Christine Michael? Yeah we know he padded his stats against the vaunted Browns 30th ranked D yesterday... but c'mon... Wilson to Baldwin isn't going to win a Super Bowl.

Yeah I know we lost Honey Badger but at least it wasn't Palmer this time. Since we are talking about weaknesses though... please... clue me in to what is wrong with the best Arizona team in quite a while...

I'll wait.

BlueBlood":fpm9h68h said:
You wont even play us in the Playoffs because you will already have lost.

To Green Bay or Minnesota?

rideaducati":fpm9h68h said:
The cards still have issues with balanced offensive teams and good defenses. They'll be facing a balanced team in the playoffs, so I don't expect them to get far.

Again... Green Bay or Minnesota? Or are you talking about Carolina? Or is it Seattle that we wouldn't face before the NFCCG?

RichNhansom":fpm9h68h said:
Does it make Cards fans nervous knowing in the playoffs they usually let teams play? Meaning they probably won't be getting so many drive saving calls.

Officiating has been garbage across the league since week 1. So many game changing horrible calls... I don't expect that to change in the playoffs. There is for sure going to be one team screwed by some idiot official... like the guy who threw the phantom OPI call against the Ravens when the Dolphins defender clearly fell down and wasn't touched... costing Baltimore a TD.

I can go on and on... I'm actually at the point now where every big play I see no matter if it's the Cardinals or someone else I'm like "ok, where's the flag?"

NFL officiating needs to be overhauled.

rideaducati":fpm9h68h said:
I wouldn't mind getting the calls in the playoffs one bit if it came against the cards or the stealers...payback is a beyotch.

Didn't the gifts vs Green Bay and Detroit make up for XL? :mrgreen:

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":19e6chon said:
seahawk12thman":19e6chon said:
No offense taken but what should scare the crap out of you is Wilson can throw from the pocket now. That has been his only weakness since he came in the nfl, that and our oline is good, maybe even great. We are giving him time to throw and running all over teams. What weaknesses do you see on this team? 2nd in total defense and 6th in total offense. You guys are 9th on total defense and just lost your best player on defense. Good luck trying to stop us. :th2thumbs:

From NFL.com...

Flip a coin?

As for weaknesses... can I start with the lack of a run game? Or is there some 100% guarantee that Lynch comes back in full Beast Mode status?

If he doesn't then what? Christine Michael? Yeah we know he padded his stats against the vaunted Browns 30th ranked D yesterday... but c'mon... Wilson to Baldwin isn't going to win a Super Bowl.

Yeah I know we lost Honey Badger but at least it wasn't Palmer this time. Since we are talking about weaknesses though... please... clue me in to what is wrong with the best Arizona team in quite a while...

I'll wait.

BlueBlood":19e6chon said:

rideaducati":19e6chon said:
The cards still have issues with balanced offensive teams and good defenses. They'll be facing a balanced team in the playoffs, so I don't expect them to get far.

Again... Green Bay or Minnesota? Or are you talking about Carolina? Or is it Seattle that we wouldn't face before the NFCCG?

RichNhansom":19e6chon said:
Does it make Cards fans nervous knowing in the playoffs they usually let teams play? Meaning they probably won't be getting so many drive saving calls.

Officiating has been garbage across the league since week 1. So many game changing horrible calls... I don't expect that to change in the playoffs. There is for sure going to be one team screwed by some idiot official... like the guy who threw the phantom OPI call against the Ravens when the Dolphins defender clearly fell down and wasn't touched... costing Baltimore a TD.

I can go on and on... I'm actually at the point now where every big play I see no matter if it's the Cardinals or someone else I'm like "ok, where's the flag?"

rideaducati":19e6chon said:
I wouldn't mind getting the calls in the playoffs one bit if it came against the cards or the stealers...payback is a beyotch.

What "gift" from Green Bay? Tate caught the ball and the NFC Championship game didn't have any game altering bad calls.... Detroit gift? Batting in the end zone hasn't been called in over 40 years. Only two people in the entire World thought that should have been a penalty when it happened. Not even YOU thought that was a penalty when it happened. Just like all the other Lemmings, you jumped on the non call the next day after some guy found a long burried obscure rule written in small print in the index of the rule book. None of those even come close to the atrocious officiating in a freaking SUPER BOWL.

Go back and watch your offensive linemen putting choke holds on the Seahawks defensive ends on every cardinal pass play and explain how holding wasn't called once. Then, compare those to the holding calls that were made against the Seahawks. If you have any integrity at all, you'll admit there was something a bit off with the officiating in that game and it was all to help your cardinals.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
rideaducati":156kkvin said:
What "gift" from Green Bay? Tate caught the ball and the NFC Championship game didn't have any game altering bad calls.... Detroit gift? Batting in the end zone hasn't been called in over 40 years. Only two people in the entire World thought that should have been a penalty when it happened. Not even YOU thought that was a penalty when it happened. Just like all the other Lemmings, you jumped on the non call the next day after some guy found a long burried obscure rule written in small print in the index of the rule book. None of those even come close to the atrocious officiating in a freaking SUPER BOWL.

Go back and watch your offensive linemen putting choke holds on the Seahawks defensive ends on every cardinal pass play and explain how holding wasn't called once. Then, compare those to the holding calls that were made against the Seahawks. If you have any integrity at all, you'll admit there was something a bit off with the officiating in that game and it was all to help your cardinals.

I just find it odd that we supposedly got all these gift calls...

... in Seattle.

I'm not interested in debating past officiating debacles... I'll just stand by what I said originally...

NFL officiating has been garbage across the league since week 1.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AZ_fan":28imb7cw said:
rideaducati":28imb7cw said:

... in Seattle.

I'm not interested in debating past officiating debacles... I'll just stand by what I said originally...

At least you admit it was odd that the cards got all those gifts. That's what I was looking for.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1kc8iq88 said:
rideaducati":1kc8iq88 said:

... in Seattle.

Garbage? Yes but it hasn't landed evenly across the league. For example last I checked the Card's had 32 first downs from penalties and the Seahawks had 4. So if it is just luck of the draw then you should be concerned because the law of averages says it's coming for you and how did you fair against Pittsburgh with a 3rd string QB when the calls weren't going your way?

Every team gets lucky sometimes. I think we got lucky on the GB hail mary call because if it were called an INT it undoubtedly would not have been overturned but because it was called correctly to begin with it was not overturned when it was reviewed during the game. So yeah we got lucky they got it right to begin with and the play was reviewed by the league after the game as well and was determined to be the correct call by the league too.

The Detroit tap out was definitely lucky but if it had been called it would have given Detroit a chance to win on a technicality. I don't know if the official didn't know the rule because it was so obscure or if he determined (rightly IMO) that changing the possible outcome of a game on a technicality was not the right thing as no Detroit player had any shot at getting the ball before it went out on its own. Dumb of Wright to not just grab it and lay down but again the rule is so obscure that he didn't know it possibly just like the ref's.

In the playoffs the ref's usually let em play so hopefully we won't have games that the officiating is a headline and one team doesn't get 7 times as many penalties as their opponent or 9 free first downs when the opponent gets zero. If that happens I like our chances against the Cards in any house although without all those lucky calls the Cards might not last long enough to see us anyway.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Note to self: Using "grats" in a statement makes one sound very stupid. Do not use.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3d0tk7hr said:
seahawk12thman":3d0tk7hr said:

From NFL.com...

Flip a coin?

I'll wait.

BlueBlood":3d0tk7hr said:

rideaducati":3d0tk7hr said:

RichNhansom":3d0tk7hr said:

rideaducati":3d0tk7hr said:

So.....you claim one could flip a coin as to which team (Seattle or AZ) is the better team.....

and yet you've been here for two weeks pounding your chest about how confident you are, and implying with every post that Seattle is a flawed 5 loss team that fails to impress....that Seattle gets undue media love (LOL!!)

So with both teams basically being top 5 in everything, its probably time to fess up and stop the charade. Seattle scares the crap out of you and you are here blowing smoke.

Either that, or you think AZ is pedestrian too.

Which is it?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I found it hilarious that the Cards "fans" and the media couldn't stop talking about how many injuries the Vikings had, even though the Hawks kicked their teeth in. Yet, the Cards BARELY beat the same team, AT HOME, and they are talking about how for real they are blah blah blah :roll:

Vetamur

Reaction score
AZ_fan":b8ohjyvh said:
Hawkpower":b8ohjyvh said:
Please do bookmark it. Once again, lots of confidence from you for unwarranted reasons.

By the way, Our "6-4" team went 12-4, 8-0 down the stretch. To attribute us crushing our opponents on the way to another Super Bowl to Palmer's knee is just about as dumb of a thing as I have read on here

Some teams are built for September greatness. Others win when it counts.

Just like this year.

Right... Because there was every reason to believe our team that was 9-1 with Palmer would have finished 2-4 with him like we did with the backups?

4-2 down the stretch last season wins the division and puts Seattle in a wild card.

"Just like this year."

What is this unwarranted confidence you speak of? I find that hilarious given the fact Seattle has NEVER went to the Super Bowl via a win outside of CLink... But now you are gonna win 3 on the road against the NFC's best?

Ballsy no doubt.

My confidence is unwarranted? What are we with Palmer anyway? 20-3 the last 2 seasons?

Ok man. Whatever you say.

So to paraphrase all your arguments.. history doesnt matter unless it favors your arguments. Got it. YOU brought up the fact that the Seahawks just got over .500 all time last week so somehow that mattered..but when faced with the Cardinals history..that doesnt. Russell Wilsons first game is relevant, but a loss when Palmer was your qb doesnt.

Pretty awesome technique there for conversation.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Laloosh":2hc2q9b9 said:
Note to self: Using "grats" in a statement makes one sound very stupid. Do not use.

So does making ballsy predictions of knocking off 14-0 and 12-2 teams in their house... but I am on the .NET so it is to be expected.

Still good for a laugh with my morning coffee at any rate...

Hawkpower":2hc2q9b9 said:
So.....you claim one could flip a coin as to which team (Seattle or AZ) is the better team.....

and yet you've been here for two weeks pounding your chest about how confident you are, and implying with every post that Seattle is a flawed 5 loss team that fails to impress....that Seattle gets undue media love (LOL!!)

So with both teams basically being top 5 in everything, its probably time to fess up and stop the charade. Seattle scares the crap out of you and you are here blowing smoke.

Which is it?

No.. I said flip a coin regarding the stats. We know who the better team is... the team that was up 19-0 and 22-7 here back in week 10 in a game that wasn't as close as the 39-32 score... (Thank us for the 2 redzone turnovers or it's 39-18)

You're right, I am confident. Why wouldn't I be? We already won in Seattle. There is nothing about your team that scares me. Beating up on garbage teams in the 49ers, Ravens and Browns sandwiched around a home win over the Steelers in which Ben torched your D worse than Carson did doesn't strike any fear in me at all.

It's good for inflating the stats though... what is that? 5 straight games for RW with 3 TD's and no picks? He's the MVP of the last 5 games no doubt.

I'm bowing out of this thread now... nothing else I need to say. Good luck the rest of the way. :th2thumbs:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3pj8oyli said:
Laloosh":3pj8oyli said:

So does making ballsy predictions of knocking off 14-0 and 12-2 teams in their house... but I am on the .NET so it is to be expected.

Hawkpower":3pj8oyli said:

Which is it?

No.. I said flip a coin regarding the stats. We know who the better team is... the team that was up 19-0 and 22-7 here back in week 10 in a game that wasn't as close as the 39-32 score... (Thank us for the 2 redzone turnovers or it's 39-18)

You're right, I am confident. Why wouldn't I be? We already won in Seattle. There is nothing about your team that scares me. Beating up on garbage teams in the 49ers, Ravens and Browns sandwiched around a home win over the Steelers in which Ben torched your D worse than Carson did doesn't strike any fear in me at all.

It's good for inflating the stats though... what is that? 5 straight games for RW with 3 TD's and no picks? He's the MVP of the last 5 games no doubt.

I'm bowing out of this thread now... nothing else I need to say. Good luck the rest of the way. :th2thumbs:

Our teams are ranked neck in neck in just about every category. We know why they won that sham of a game in Seattle, and that was before Seattle started clicking. If we played that game tomorrow its a much different outcome and you know it. Its why you are here.

Seattle is a winner, that is clicking at the right time.

Go ahead and bow out of the thread, its probably for the best. Your fear is showing clearly in your false bravado :)

Good Luck!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
AZ_fan":13x7kbpk said:
Laloosh":13x7kbpk said:

When I'm not bothered by something, I go out of my way to tell everyone (repeatedly) that it doesn't bother me and that's how I know that I'm not bothered by it... because I'm telling everyone that I'm not. You see? - Cards Fan

Yeah, those dumb Seattle fans, being all positive about their team on a Seahawks fan site. :34853_doh:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
AZ_fan":hlzpcmjs said:
seahawk12thman":hlzpcmjs said:

From NFL.com...

Flip a coin?

I'll wait.

A passing defense ranked 16th that just lost the most valuable player on defense and possibly the NFL. You were mediocre with him and now you just lost your captain and your version of Earl Thomas. I would say your ship just took on a bunch of water. Our passing game has been the best in the NFL and historically the greatest in NFL history with touchdown passes and no interceptions.

We destroyed Minnesota who you barely beat with the help of turnovers at home. I also would like to point out the DVOA ratings which have us 2nd and which have historically been quite accurate while placing you 6th. We have been ascending and with the loss of Honey Badger you will be descending. Packers are going to beat you this weekend and then we will finish the job in two weeks. Last time your team celebrated their super bowl win against us we proceeded to crush you and there was nothing you could do about it. Last years games were absolute blow outs. We are physical, you are finesse. Your a weak team with weak fans and your team is about to get another reality check.

The Seahawks are top 5 in offense and Defense and we rushed for 180 yards and you see a problem with our running game?? Reality check, Michaels has been the heir apparent to Lynch all along. His ability has never been in doubt, he has struggled mentally and he seems to be getting the message. UH OH.