49ers 1st round pick Nick Bosa injured, will miss preseason

94Smith

Reaction score
Should be available for the start of the season. By all accounts he was beasting in camp so should be a great pick as long as he can stay on the field

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":ya9ywybo said:
Should be available for the start of the season. By all accounts he was beasting in camp so should be a great pick as long as he can stay on the field

That's the big question, can he stay healthy. First the hamstring now the ankle. Hope we didn't waste our pick on a guy with potential that's made of glass.

94Smith

Reaction score
Hasn't missed a regular season game yet :irishdrinkers:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Both Bosa's seem to be injury prone. Joey has missed quite a few games, and Nick has had at least 2 significant injuries.

They're both hard working, dedicated, and intense, and maybe they need to back off trying to be Superman a bit. Too much bulk can cause health problems as bones can only take so much stress and torque.

I hope they're not genetically predisposed to lower body injuries, but some people are just built stronger, like Marshawn Lynch, John Riggins, and Brett Favre. Kam Chancellor laid some violent hits, but he said "I never got a concussion." Some people are more susceptible, like Luke Keuchly and Wes Welker.

Remember Bo Jackson? He put on so much thigh muscle, that the power in his legs caused his hip to pop out. His legs were like tree trunks. And they muscles just wore the bone out until it came apart.

Joey and Nick need to find a good trainer and doctor to help them find their best playing weight and build.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I don't want to wade into the "injury prone" waters, but on this one I dunno if its fair to put that label on him. He was engaged with an offensive lineman on a run play and a 300+ pound man fell on the back of his leg. The teams thought it was his knee initially and that his season may have been lost.

I dunno how ANYONE could avoid injury in that case and in fact they were lucky it wasn't worse.

As for how he's been in camp so far...

“Nick came in really sharp. Came in executing, came in beating guys, looked like a veteran. They were probably going to rest him anyway…He’s something everyone should be excited about. I think that John [Lynch] and them hit a home run with him. Even at the second pick, I think he’s undervalued. He’s a monster.” - Richard Sherman

Marvin49

Reaction score
ivotuk":tsb293cp said:
Both Bosa's seem to be injury prone. Joey has missed quite a few games, and Nick has had at least 2 significant injuries.

They're both hard working, dedicated, and intense, and maybe they need to back off trying to be Superman a bit. Too much bulk can cause health problems as bones can only take so much stress and torque.

I hope they're not genetically predisposed to lower body injuries, but some people are just built stronger, like Marshawn Lynch, John Riggins, and Brett Favre. Kam Chancellor laid some violent hits, but he said "I never got a concussion." Some people are more susceptible, like Luke Keuchly and Wes Welker.

Remember Bo Jackson? He put on so much thigh muscle, that the power in his legs caused his hip to pop out. His legs were like tree trunks. And they muscles just wore the bone out until it came apart.

Joey and Nick need to find a good trainer and doctor to help them find their best playing weight and build.

We'll see if it works, but they kinda already have. Joey works with a guy who has worked a great deal on increasing his flexibility and this offseason Nick started working with him as well.

Latest posts