49ers bench Colin Kaepernick, Gabbert era begins

rideaducati

Reaction score
mrblitz":18hz15o6 said:
i think kaep can be coached up. bring him in as backup on the seahawks. read option with kaep would be productive. russ could keep him on the straight and narrow.

Kaepernick has been coached for years and still has the worst footwork, throwing motion, accuracy, and touch of any QB in the league. Hell, it wasn't until after his fourth season that he actually realized that he had issues with any of those things. Then, he tried to fix ALL OF THOSE ISSUES in a six week period in one off season. Kaepernick's "potential" will only get coaches fired because he is too far behind in almost every aspect of being an NFL QB to ever reach his unrealistic potential.

Kaepernick isn't smart enough to even look at a wide receiver to see that he is uncovered before taking the snap on called running play. It's no wonder that teams have figured this idiot out. If he looks at his wide receivers before the snap, it is most likely a pass...if he doesn't, they are running the ball. He has been doing this his whole career. He walks up to the center and turns his head side to side too fast to actually see anything and even if he does see it, he's not smart enough to comprehend what he is seeing. He has been doing what he was coached to do, but he doesn't understand WHY he is supposed to do those things. Nobody will be able to "coach him up".

OP
OP
ColinSackorpick

ColinSackorpick

Reaction score
Marvin49":2d350fs8 said:
All I can do it hope they get it together. What are my other options?

They'll get it together eventually, stay faithful.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":e028oxew said:
peachesenregalia":e028oxew said:
Oh, there's always options, Marvin. I'd like to see you take the resigned, depressed fan approach who doesn't see things getting better anytime soon and agrees when people downplay every move the organization makes for the next decade or so.

It will be my pleasure to disappoint you. :D

We could all pitch in and buy him a new VCR.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":u4rwkssh said:
Marvin49":u4rwkssh said:
peachesenregalia":u4rwkssh said:
Oh, there's always options, Marvin. I'd like to see you take the resigned, depressed fan approach who doesn't see things getting better anytime soon and agrees when people downplay every move the organization makes for the next decade or so.

Probably handed down from generation to generation like the tapes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":r9uu2a2f said:
peachesenregalia":r9uu2a2f said:
Where's Marvin? I want to see how he's gonna spin this one.

Put a fork in that organization, they're done for the next decade at least. Baalke's poor drafts/management and Jed's poor ownership have lain the 9ers down to rest again.

No spin. Niners suck. No excuses.

...about the only bright spot is that if Kap is in fact not on the roster next year they might have upwards of 60 mil in cap space (maybe more if they are able to roll over some of the 13 mil under they are now and let guys like Brooks and Bethea go) and good draft position to go with their 11 picks or so.

Hey...ya gotta have something to look forward to.

I bet York doesn't roll ANY of the cap money into next year's cap. I sure hope Baalke gets to make those 11 picks in the draft and I wonder who will be the next "true deep threat" receiver the niners bring in EVERY year.

This is so much fun to watch.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":b7h0xtqt said:
Marvin49":b7h0xtqt said:
peachesenregalia":b7h0xtqt said:

Ouch.

But "new" vcr?

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2be54klv said:
Marvin49":2be54klv said:
peachesenregalia":2be54klv said:

Put a fork in that organization, they're done for the next decade at least. Baalke's poor drafts/management and Jed's poor ownership have lain the 9ers down to rest again.

...about the only bright spot is that if Kap is in fact not on the roster next year they might have upwards of 60 mil in cap space (maybe more if they are able to roll over some of the 13 mil under they are now and let guys like Brooks and Bethea go) and good draft position to go with their 11 picks or so.

I bet York doesn't roll ANY of the cap money into next year's cap. I sure hope Baalke gets to make those 11 picks in the draft and I wonder who will be the next "true deep threat" receiver the niners bring in EVERY year.

This is so much fun to watch.

Well they've been rolling it into the next year EVERY year so not sure why you'd think they'd stop now.

I'm not sure what the max is on that tho.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":39hu1l41 said:
rideaducati":39hu1l41 said:
Marvin49":39hu1l41 said:
peachesenregalia":39hu1l41 said:

Probably handed down from generation to generation like the tapes.

OK, I've never been THAT guy. :D

Say what you will, but I've never been on the "my team has 5 rings and yours doesn't" bandwagon.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":9qm9co0d said:

Say what you will, but I've never been on the "my team has 5 rings and yours doesn't" bandwagon.

Why would we ever let that stop us? Too much fun to be had. You take it like a champ though... at least you've got that.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wgx414o said:
peachesenregalia":1wgx414o said:

I get it. I can anticipate the next chapter of the Marvin experience. At this point. creating more cap space and more draft picks than anybody else along with the possibility of securing next years #1 daft pick has emerged as goals for 2015. That opens up options to imagine and to look forward to in 2016 ......

...... including such possible options as that of out bidding every other team for the services of Bruce Irving and/or other former #1 draft picks. A timely diversion that pokes Seattle in the eye and serves as an escape mechanism from actual current events. It opens up avenues for teasing .net adversaries. Potentially providing months of amusement and diversion before actual events intrude and play themselves out.

Perhaps Jed York does understand what his fans like ..... after all.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":2wrw97ej said:
Marvin49":2wrw97ej said:
peachesenregalia":2wrw97ej said:

I get it. I can anticipate the next chapter of the Marvin experience. At this point. creating more cap space and more draft picks than anybody else along with the possibility of securing next years #1 daft pick has emerged as goals for 2015. That opens up options to imagine and to look forward to in 2016 ......

...... including such possible options as that of out bidding every other team for the services of Bruce Irving and/or other former #1 draft picks. A timely diversion that pokes Seattle in the eye and serves as an escape mechanism from actual current events. It opens up avenues for teasing .net adversaries. Potentially providing months of amusement and diversion before actual events intrude and play themselves out.

Perhaps Jed York does understand what his fans like ..... after all.

As fun as all that sounds and as much as this year has become about securing draft position, picks and $$$ under the cap, I'm not all that interested in Bruce Irvin. It's possible that the Niners are because I know they had a high grade on him when he was drafted (and why I was never among those being critical they took him I the first round) and they could use a pass rusher to compliment Lynch, but I've never been that enamored with him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2cgddir0 said:
Marvin49":2cgddir0 said:

Why would we ever let that stop us? Too much fun to be had. You take it like a champ though... at least you've got that.

:D

canfan

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1npt06dw said:
Nothing will change for the 49ers until York & Baalke self-evaluate themselves and change their approach. First Harbaugh, Now Kap, and Tomsula is probably next.

That implies York is self aware. There has been nothing to indicate that in anything he has done in the last few years. Baalke is irrelevant to the problem as his only option is likely what part of Jed's anatomy he gets to kiss.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":iobgb3xf said:

He's asking "Kurt Warner QB camps INC" for a refund as I type this. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1uxwe7r4 said:
rideaducati":1uxwe7r4 said:
Marvin49":1uxwe7r4 said:
peachesenregalia":1uxwe7r4 said:

Ouch.

But "new" vcr?
More like "re-conditioned" or "re-furbished".
I know a guy that could probably get one of those old dinosaur machines running. 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Niners bench Kaepernick? Nobody saw that coming two years ago...except me.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":awjy5147 said:
Nothing will change for the 49ers until York & Baalke self-evaluate themselves and change their approach. First Harbaugh, Now Kap, and Tomsula is probably next.

^Absolutely this!!! Jed needs to step down as the CEO of the 49ers, with Baalke, & Tomsula being let go of after this season ends. Then bring in a "real Football Person," like a Carmen Policy, to hire a GM, who will eventually hire the new Head Coach of the 49ers.

In my very humble opinion Jed York needs to remove himself from the Football Operation side of the 49ers, and just attend to the Business side of running the team. This would remove 99.9% of the dysfunction that has run rampant on that team, and is destroying it from within like a cancer. Will any of this happen???? Absolutely not, Jed York convinced that he he can run the 49ers better than Eddie DeBartolo did...Smdh?! Its a real mess down there in Santa Clara, and it is doubly sad for the Niner Fan Base.

Threedee

Reaction score
uncle fester":w31o7ta0 said:
Blaine Gabbert was drafted no. 10 overall.

...10!!

Newton & Dalton are the exceptions but that was a bad year for QBs.
2013 was worse. Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are terrible QBs. Possibly the worst QB class of all-time, and I pity the Jets and Bills for needing new ones that year, and not waiting.

rlkats

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":3w3l92sp said:
SeahawksFanForever":3w3l92sp said:

^Absolutely this!!! Jed needs to step down as the CEO of the 49ers, with Baalke, & Tomsula being let go of after this season ends. Then bring in a "real Football Person," like a Carmen Policy, to hire a GM, who will eventually hire the new Head Coach of the 49ers.

In my very humble opinion Jed York needs to remove himself from the Football Operation side of the 49ers, and just attend to the Business side of running the team. This would remove 99.9% of the dysfunction that has run rampant on that team, and is destroying it from within like a cancer. Will any of this happen???? Absolutely not, Jed York convinced that he he can run the 49ers better than Eddie DeBartolo did...Smdh?! Its a real mess down there in Santa Clara, and it is doubly sad for the Niner Fan Base.

Very nice. This is the best statement I have read. This is whats wrong with the team. And if the niners do this it will get better. But sadly it wont happen. Due to a complete arrogant gm and vp.

Latest posts