49ers car crash continues

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rvqelju said:
ouch.

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff · 4m4 minutes ago
#49ers interest in Payton is clear but I'm told he will not come cheap - it would cost them a 1st rounder

Baalke looking for Exec of the year award, no players but look at the coach he landed :)

rlkats

Reaction score
chris98251":21jflp29 said:
Marvin49":21jflp29 said:
ouch.

#49ers interest in Payton is clear but I'm told he will not come cheap - it would cost them a 1st rounder

Baalke looking for Exec of the year award, no players but look at the coach he landed :)

To expensive. We have way to many holes we need that first.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he trades 1 1st rounder for Payton and flips him for Johnny Football and a 2nd.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":3pdejhjl said:
chris98251":3pdejhjl said:
Marvin49":3pdejhjl said:
ouch.

To expensive. We have way to many holes we need that first.

Why? Baalke would just trade back to pick up three guys late in the draft coming off ACL surgeries anyway.

SF49r

Reaction score
rideaducati":2w1pmx7z said:
Marvin49":2w1pmx7z said:
Barakas":2w1pmx7z said:
Marvin49":2w1pmx7z said:
ouch.

Wouldn't that be the best use of your 1st rounder in years?

You say that but I'll tell ya, Jimmie Ward and Arik Armstead have looked pretty damn good at times this year. Reid had a pretty good game today as well.

Like he said...best use of first round draft pick in years.
I think that comeback would be better suited for you guys (harvin, graham..)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1e9zriix said:
rideaducati":1e9zriix said:
Marvin49":1e9zriix said:
Barakas":1e9zriix said:
ouch.

You say that but I'll tell ya, Jimmie Ward and Arik Armstead have looked pretty damn good at times this year. Reid had a pretty good game today as well.

lol. Don't ever change

...and BTW, How's Percy Harvin workin' out? :D
Pretty good since the Hawks have played in a SB since he was traded.

SF49r

Reaction score
Best formula, waste your 1st round pick = superbowl (niners wasted there's on Aj Jenkins in 2012 then went to the super bowl)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1t4ajur2 said:
Marvin49":1t4ajur2 said:
rideaducati":1t4ajur2 said:
Marvin49":1t4ajur2 said:

lol. Don't ever change

That would be a pretty good comeback if I'd asked a different question.

Seahawks are a damn good team...but you can't really comment on Niner recent 1st round picks if you are a Seahawk fan. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
How is Payton EVER going to happen?

1. Are the Saints going to trade Payton to a NFC rival for anything other than a high pick (EG a first rounder)?

2. Are the 49ers really going to give up the #7 overall pick for a coach when another candidate can be had where they can actually use the top ten pick?

3. Payton's offense is predicated on a timing offense. He's always had Drew Brees in New Orleans. Is he really going to take a job where he'd have no QB? Is he capable of drafting and developing a QB? There isn't going to be another vet like Brees sitting there for him.

4. The two jobs he's been rumored to be interested in are San Diego and NYG. Both have established veteran QB's. Is he really interested in a big rebuild?

Can't see it. Can't wait for the Chip Kelly era.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1i1vfvkv said:

4. The two jobs he's been rumored to be interested in are San Diego and NYG. Both have established veteran QB's. Is he really interested in a big rebuild?

This makes a lot of sense as Payton's likely destination.

Barakas

Reaction score
SF49r":3q9qj9um said:
rideaducati":3q9qj9um said:
I think that comeback would be better suited for you guys (harvin, graham..)

A little early to be calling Graham a first round pick bust. The offense started to really change just as he was hurt. Who knows what the remaining games would have been like if he did not get injured. Just look at the change in the offensive numbers for all the players after that point compared to the first part of the year.

No arguing about Harvin though.....swing and a miss there!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3d30yo9r said:
Sports Hernia":3d30yo9r said:
Marvin49":3d30yo9r said:
rideaducati":3d30yo9r said:

lol. Don't ever change

That would be a pretty good comeback if I'd asked a different question.

Seahawks are a damn good team...but you can't really comment on Niner recent 1st round picks if you are a Seahawk fan. Just my opinion.
Sure I can and will. All of those "great first round picks" over the last 3 years culminated in 5 wins this year. Congrats!

Jville

Reaction score
Listened in on the (short) Jed York presser. He asks the 49er faithful to trust him. Boy does he ever make them pay. Very poor responses to questions. Instead, he wraps himself in the accomplishments and legacy of others He consoles himself with the perception that the NFL rewards teams that fail. Cites the up coming 7th pick and collection of extra picks and plenty of cap room as guarantors for improvement. He rejects any interest in retaining a consulting team to lead any talent search or review 49er operations. He also reached for team cover by describing the emerging off season as very competitive for coaches ect .... so a long drawn out process is possible.

IMO nothing has changed with Jed in spite of his claim that 2015 has been another learning experience. He once again confirmed his interest and enthusiasm for other business opportunities. IMO 49er wins and losses remain secondary.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Jville":34fiq42j said:
Listened in on the (short) Jed York presser. He asks the 49er faithful to trust him. Boy does he ever make them pay. Very poor responses to questions. Instead, he wraps himself in the accomplishments and legacy of others He consoles himself with the perception that the NFL rewards teams that fail. Cites the up coming 7th pick and collection of extra picks and plenty of cap room as guarantors for improvement. He rejects any interest in retaining a consulting team to lead any talent search or review 49er operations. He also reached for team cover by describing the emerging off season as very competitive for coaches ect .... so a long drawn out process is possible.

IMO nothing has changed with Jed in spite of his claim that 2015 has been another learning experience. He once again confirmed his interest and enthusiasm for other business opportunities. IMO 49er wins and losses remain secondary.

Wins and losses ARE secondary, but those empty seats cost him many millions this season. Someday, he might realize that winning keeps the seats full. Winning with Baalke running the show for any coach is going to be difficult. Its gonna be a vicious circle to overcome until they can get ONE thing right first...I doubt it happens anytime soon.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rosxw36 said:
Jeds gonna have to eat 10 mil for Tomsula
I think it's Tomsula that is going to eat the 10 million. Seriously I bet the guy is planning a US wide Man Versus Food style trip as we speak.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":3p3ub6pw said:

So much BS in there.

There was NOTHING he could say today that was going to appease anyone. There was nothing he could do to make the past 12 months more bearable.

Personally, I thought he did pretty damn good in apologizing to fans, admitting he made the wrong choice in Tomsula, and telling the fans he heard them. He didn't reveal anything not because it'll be a long process but because he didn't want to tip his hand in what he expected to be highly competitive HC market. If he's saying that, it's because he expects the coaches he's going after to be in demand.

Baalke later said that there were no candidates on the current staff...IE, no Mangini.

He rejected the idea of a firm because he can speak with his uncle.

He didn't guarantee the picks and cap room would get them more wins, but he did say that the silver lining in a bad season is that you are afforded more opportunities to improve. He's right.

The only people who took issue with anything he said are people who had an agenda to want him to look bad. He composed himself pretty damn well today considering all that's gone on.

Now he needs to make the right hire.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":14trpfys said:
Jville":14trpfys said:

So much BS in there.

There was NOTHING he could say today that was going to appease anyone. There was nothing he could do to make the past 12 months more bearable.

Personally, I thought he did pretty damn good in apologizing to fans, admitting he made the wrong choice in Tomsula, and telling the fans he heard them. He didn't reveal anything not because it'll be a long process but because he didn't want to tip his hand in what he expected to be highly competitive HC market. If he's saying that, it's because he expects the coaches he's going after to be in demand.

Baalke later said that there were no candidates on the current staff...IE, no Mangini.

He didn't guarantee the picks and cap room would get them more wins, but he did say that the silver lining in a bad season is that you are afforded more opportunities to improve. He's right.

The only people who took issue with anything he said are people who had an agenda to want him to look bad. He composed himself pretty damn well today considering all that's gone on.

Watched part of the presser with a co-worker who knows diddly about the NFL (or York). Her comment to me: "He sounds in over his head."

All I could do was nod, Marv.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":v4dxdtvr said:
How is Payton EVER going to happen?

1. Are the Saints going to trade Payton to a NFC rival for anything other than a high pick (EG a first rounder)?

2. Are the 49ers really going to give up the #7 overall pick for a coach when another candidate can be had where they can actually use the top ten pick?

3. Payton's offense is predicated on a timing offense. He's always had Drew Brees in New Orleans. Is he really going to take a job where he'd have no QB? Is he capable of drafting and developing a QB? There isn't going to be another vet like Brees sitting there for him.

Can't see it. Can't wait for the Chip Kelly era.

1. If it comes to that, I don't think Loomis is concerned about trading him to a team in the same conference. They would be wanting to move on from the Payton era and start from scratch.

2. Baalke is bad but he's not that bad. They'd move a 2nd at most, likely a 3rd and maybe an additional pick in 2017.

3. Actually if Payton leaves New Orleans .. Drew Brees will absolutely be in FA waiting for him. They're not trading away their coach AND keeping a QB that has a $30M cap hit next season. The interesting thing is if Brees would follow Payton to SF to finish out his career as they groom a Jared Goff.

4. He's reportedly interested in SC as well, given the proximity to his daughter.

All that said, I don't see Payton going to Santa Clara. I don't even see Chip going there. Until Baalke steps aside he's going to get someone that can be his puppet. I can see Holmgren maybe landing there or a really meh assistant coach. The Niners are arguably in as bad of shape as the Browns though given the ownership and front office.

.... and it couldn't have happened to a better group of fans.

:179417:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fzlolm0 said:
Jville":2fzlolm0 said:

So much BS in there.

Sounds like a Howard Lincoln (Seattle Mariners CEO) speech/open letter.
Jedthro is a younger version of Howard Lincoln.

Long live Jed! I hope he lives to the age of 200 and is running the Niners Every minute of that long life..... :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1u71dfx1 said:
Marvin49":1u71dfx1 said:
Jville":1u71dfx1 said:

So much BS in there.

Watched part of the presser with a co-worker who knows diddly about the NFL (or York). Her comment to me: "He sounds in over his head."

All I could do was nod, Marv.

m'kay

Latest posts