49ers car crash continues

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3dgcoph5 said:
I think Marvin hopes they get Payton and Brees somehow to boot.Nice to think about for you Marvin.I think the Giants coach would fit on your team as well.

I'd be lyin' if I said it hadn't occurred to me, but that's way out there. Possible, but certainly not banking on it. If it did happen, they'd still need a young guy to groom behind Brees.

At this point tho, that's all pipedream talk. Long way to go before knowing what is and isn't realistic. All I say for sure is that peeps can chill on the "cheap" talk. Jeds gonna have to eat 10 mil for Tomsula and that doesn't count the guaranteed contracts on his assistants for the salaries of the new coaches.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":3n3oxhy3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3n3oxhy3 said:
rlkats":3n3oxhy3 said:
rideaducati":3n3oxhy3 said:
I wonder if they'll get a competent GM before the draft or stick with Baalke.

Only one would hope. Bye Balke
Sorry kats, not gonna happen this offseason. Dude lives under Jedthro's desk.

Ya true true. No way captain deep throat is leaving. Maybe we will get a solid coach that can draft. Doubt it. I predict Mingini will be coach. Aaand I vomit

Nah...I think Jed knows that he has to make a sizable move here to appease the fanbase. Mangini would do nothing positive for his public image.

chris98251

Reaction score
Payton is not going into that dumpster fire unless he can call a lot of the shots, now if the Rams move and fired Fisher I could see him going there.

Kelly, Mora, are two I could see being candidates after they get turned down by everyone else, or they could go Holmgren, but same conditions, I think he would want more personnel control.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hey Marv, if they need one more year from a fall guy, I'm your huckleberry. $2MM per just to fall on someone else's sword? I'm in!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3q9gv5gu said:
Hey Marv, if they need one more year from a fall guy, I'm your huckleberry. $2MM per just to fall on someone else's sword? I'm in!

Nah, I'm first in line. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":mi7nbqm8 said:
IndyHawk":mi7nbqm8 said:
I think Marvin hopes they get Payton and Brees somehow to boot.Nice to think about for you Marvin.I think the Giants coach would fit on your team as well.

I'd be lyin' if I said it hadn't occurred to me, but that's way out there. Possible, but certainly not banking on it. If it did happen, they'd still need a young guy to groom behind Brees.

At this point tho, that's all pipedream talk. Long way to go before knowing what is and isn't realistic. All I say for sure is that peeps can chill on the "cheap" talk. Jeds gonna have to eat 10 mil for Tomsula and that doesn't count the guaranteed contracts on his assistants for the salaries of the new coaches.
Not necessarily true about Jedthro. I work for a corporation "that goes the cheap route" on a lot of things (A lot like Jedthro) and it ends up costing them a lot more in the long run, because they have to fix the damage that was caused by going "cheap" in the first place.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1tds243r said:
Marvin49":1tds243r said:
IndyHawk":1tds243r said:

Not necessarily true about Jedthro. I work for a corporation "that goes the cheap route" on a lot of things (A lot like Jedthro) and it ends up costing them a lot more in the long run, because they have to fix the damage that was caused by going "cheap" in the first place.

Gotta love those government jobs.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":3jidbvlu said:
Sports Hernia":3jidbvlu said:
Marvin49":3jidbvlu said:
IndyHawk":3jidbvlu said:

I have the same thing going on, little maintenance, hire guys to do stuff that don't know the job or take ownership because they are cheaper, then have delays fixing their work or having to call in someone to do major repairs on things that if maintained would never have been a problem.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":180kxho4 said:
Marvin49":180kxho4 said:
IndyHawk":180kxho4 said:

All I'm sayin' is that the cheap router would be to let Tomsula coach next year for 3.5 mil. Instead, they shell out 10 mil plus 3-8 mil more depending on who they hire....so 3.5 compared to 12-18 mil just for the HC. That ain't cheap.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1mlr77lh said:
rideaducati":1mlr77lh said:
Sports Hernia":1mlr77lh said:
Marvin49":1mlr77lh said:

I have the same thing going on, little maintenance, hire guys to do stuff that don't know the job or take ownership because they are cheaper, then have delays fixing their work or having to call in someone to do major repairs on things that if maintained would never have been a problem.

Didn't say it was smart. Just glad he took the more expensive option...tho it all hinges on who the hire is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":2soq3cri said:
Sports Hernia":2soq3cri said:
Marvin49":2soq3cri said:
IndyHawk":2soq3cri said:

All I'm sayin' is that the cheap router would be to let Tomsula coach next year for 3.5 mil. Instead, they shell out 10 mil plus 3-8 mil more depending on who they hire....so 3.5 compared to 12-18 mil just for the HC. That ain't cheap.

No, but concessions, seats, alcohol sales, parking, all that add up and that's from people paying to see the 49ers, I think that loss would be more then what they would have to pay out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":75mha05m said:
Sports Hernia":75mha05m said:
Marvin49":75mha05m said:
IndyHawk":75mha05m said:

It's not a government job just a fortune 40 company that could be making a lot more money with a little common sense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":xxynp6te said:
Marvin49":xxynp6te said:
Sports Hernia":xxynp6te said:
Marvin49":xxynp6te said:

No, but concessions, seats, alcohol sales, parking, all that add up and that's from people paying to see the 49ers, I think that loss would be more then what they would have to pay out.

....that's whet I've been saying since Harbaugh was fired.

I never thought it was a money issue. They stood to lose SOOOOOOOOO much more money than the difference between Harbaugh and Tomsulas salaries.

People can hold him responsible for the decisions he's made, but I've never really thought it was about money. I think he really thought Tomsula would be a good hire...and IMO that might be more inexcusable than being cheap.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ouch.

John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff · 4m4 minutes ago
#49ers interest in Payton is clear but I'm told he will not come cheap - it would cost them a 1st rounder

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":248ypqca said:
ouch.

#49ers interest in Payton is clear but I'm told he will not come cheap - it would cost them a 1st rounder

Wouldn't that be the best use of your 1st rounder in years?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Barakas":188xfiil said:
Marvin49":188xfiil said:
ouch.

You say that but I'll tell ya, Jimmie Ward and Arik Armstead have looked pretty damn good at times this year. Reid had a pretty good game today as well.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":13mg4iyd said:
Barakas":13mg4iyd said:
Marvin49":13mg4iyd said:
ouch.

You say that but I'll tell ya, Jimmie Ward and Arik Armstead have looked pretty damn good at times this year. Reid had a pretty good game today as well.

Like he said...best use of first round draft pick in years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3h9k1coq said:
Marvin49":3h9k1coq said:
Barakas":3h9k1coq said:
Marvin49":3h9k1coq said:
ouch.

Like he said...best use of first round draft pick in years.

lol. Don't ever change

...and BTW, How's Percy Harvin workin' out? :D